Pixie Dust, or Pixie MOUNTAIN? A Grand (Roy) Disney TR *NEW TR LINK 8/11!*

It was the box thing which totally threw me off and I think threw @Jenny Sanders off too; I wasn't sure where to look!
You, for the most part I just go with the flow on most of the things Disney changes. But this one is just weird to me and so impersonal when Disney is all out the CM and experiences... Just off to me.

You, for the most part I just go with the flow on most of the things Disney changes. But this one is just weird to me and so impersonal when Disney is all out the CM and experiences... Just off to me.
And they HAD a CM there, so why not have her taking pictures? Yeah I didn't like it. As far as I know Tink is the only M&G with the box so far so maybe they've decided not to implement any more?

Hello friends! On this, T-minus 10 days from our July 4th Disney trip, I come to you with another EPIC update finally! Summer is (almost in) full swing here; kids have no school tomorrow, Tuesday Ricky has his last final and Chris has his last 1/2 day which is just field day. Ricky has started his summer job/first job at the minor league baseball stadium by us

HVR.png

We are totally not baseball fans but they employ about 100 high school kids each summer and 90% of them are from his high school, so with about 10 of his friends he's slinging stadium food until right after Labor Day 🌭 Better than a football stadium because after his injury I wouldn't be able to stomach that! At least I don't have to hand over $$ now every time he goes out the door.........

Anyway we had finished our F&G fun and had to leave to get to our group evening event! This entailed walking to the Beach Club and was supposed to be 3 (4??) boats full of EPIC DISers taking an Illuminations Cruise, except the skies TOTALLY opened up about 15 or so minutes before we were supposed to board and the cruises were cancelled. At first it was drizzling so we all waited it out under umbrella tables at Hurricane Hannah's where many of us ended up drenched anyway. Some of our men braved the rain when under cover seating became scarce:

IMG_1755.JPG

Steve and Mr. @pepperandchips , BFF's forever 💕:love:

After what was a long "what are we going to do" period we pretty much all took to our heels and ran for the hills, the hills being the Yacht Club lobby where half of us took refuge at Ale and Compass while those of us staying at the WL plus some stalkers grabbed Minnie Vans and headed - where else? To TERRY-TORY lounge, of course!!!!!

Where you say? Let me explain........the tale of "Terry-tory Lounge, otherwise known as getting TFO"😂

Us, @kastoney, @Elevationist @IowaTater @Jenny Sanders and her DH Joe and @buzzrelly were all staying at the WL; @fallonkendra and her DH Luke plus @pepperandchips and her DH joined us on this fine evening. We were having a great time relaxing eating and drinking when out of nowhere this man came up behind Jenny and asked if he could finish her food, WHAT?????? Followed by a request to take our picture. This turned in to him being IN a picture with us much to Steve;s disgust as you'll notice; and someone else's disgust too:

terry.JPG

terry2.JPG

Here's the picture that Melinda @pepperandchips dubbed "Steve - getting tfo"
terry3.jpg

Now can you guess what the guy's name was? Oh and see Mr. Happy smiling behind Billie? He was with Terry and had struck up a conversation with Steve. Then as soon as the pictures started he pushed Steve out of the way and sat in the extra chair which is what really pushed Steve over the edge 🤣

We were hysterical, he was piss drunk. I'm pretty sure we closed down the Lounge just as we'd closed down GP the night before! Oh, right when we got there I was able to introduce Fallon and Luke to the wonderfulness that is the Roarking Fork Magic Bar:

magic bar.jpg

And they liked it, they really really liked it!!!!

Now to keep going and to totally mess up the flow, I will now combine this evening with our next morning in one post even though it may be against DIS guidelines. This was our last day and it was starting with another group event I was seriously looking forward to as it would not only give us a chance to see everyone one final time, but it promised to involve super delicious food! Little did I know if would turn out to be an even better day than I thought :goodvibes

We didn't have to be up super early so around 9:45 I think we met up with Kelly Kari Jenny and Joe at the boat dock:

brunch.jpg

And look at the twins:

brunch1.jpg

Yes Jenny and I did purposely dress them alike today lol.
We were taking the boat over to the Contemporary for brunch at Cali Grill, which would be a first for us and I believe Kelly too! We met everyone in the lobby, headed upstairs and were pretty much greeted by this:

brunch3.jpg

I'll leave it right here and continue with a bunch of awesome brunch pictures next time!

That's such a shame about your Illuminations cruise! That would've been such a fun experience.

I'm glad you were able to have some fun regardless. Ah, drunk people... both hysterical and annoying all at the same time. :laughing:

I'm really looking forward to hearing about the California Grill brunch!

terry2.JPG
Jenny's face cracks me up...

Oh my goodness...that's funny about the guy insisting on a photo and just inserting himself into your group. Wow. Alcohol.

Such a shame about the Illuminations Cruise...it's such a fantastic voyage. Maybe for the next trip!

So funny about the matching shirts!

Jenny? Ariane??? Jenny??? Terry is so confused :earboy2:

As you now know I read this last night and quite literally laughed so hard I might have peed just a little. And then trying to read it tonight for the second time. Same. As creepy as he was what would the trip have done without Terry-tory Terry!!!!

We are totally not baseball fans but they employ about 100 high school kids each summer and 90% of them are from his high school, so with about 10 of his friends he's slinging stadium food until right after Labor Day 🌭

Not a bad summer job :thumbsup2

Better than a football stadium because after his injury I wouldn't be able to stomach that! At least I don't have to hand over $$ now every time he goes out the door.........

That's the best part! Though my Allie just got a job lifeguarding for the summer and she is literally working 40 hours/week. I can't even believe that' legal at 15!

this man came up behind Jenny and asked if he could finish her food, WHAT?????? Followed by a request to take our picture. This turned in to him being IN a picture with us much to Steve;s disgust as you'll notice; and someone else's disgust too:

terry.JPG

terry2.JPG

Here's the picture that Melinda @pepperandchips dubbed "Steve - getting tfo"
terry3.jpg

Those pictures are hysterical! I love yours ad Kari's new avatars! :rotfl:

Yes Jenny and I did purposely dress them alike today lol.

They looked great! I love that picture :love::grouphug:

We were taking the boat over to the Contemporary for brunch at Cali Grill, which would be a first for us and I believe Kelly too!

Yes! And definitely not my last time either! It was amazing!

Hi Ariane! I finally got caught up on your TR. I've been struggling to catch up with everybody's lately. But I'm glad I did so I could figure out what was going on with your avatar (and a couple others it seems) :P
That certainly sounds like a fun and "interesting" night.

As you now know I read this last night and quite literally laughed so hard I might have peed just a little. And then trying to read it tonight for the second time. Same. As creepy as he was what would the trip have done without Terry-tory Terry!!!!
It's me! It's me! I'm here!!!!!! When I saw this I also laughed very hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CD301EDA-9C33-42B3-93E5-F250488EECB0.jpeg

That's such a shame about your Illuminations cruise! That would've been such a fun experience.
I was looking forward to it even though I don't LOVE Illuminations just because it would have been something new and something we can't do much longer :rolleyes:

Ah, drunk people... both hysterical and annoying all at the same time. :laughing:
Exactly lol he kind of made our night !

Ha! That would be me!!!!!!! That guy was an a$$ and so was his friend.
True but look at how much fun they've given us 😂 #thankyouterry

This was a great day!!!!!!
It really was, I think it was only slightly beat by the next day :goodvibes

Oh my goodness...that's funny about the guy insisting on a photo and just inserting himself into your group. Wow. Alcohol.
Yup lol, I do my fair share of drinking in Disney :rolleyes1 but he was a tad out of control.......

So funny about the matching shirts!
haha! We met up with Jenny and Joe last year in March when Joe was wearing the shirt; Steve really liked it (it's a Tommy Bahama) so he got it for his bday last year. Jenny and I decided they HAD to wear it the same day as it would look WONDERFUL in pictures!

Um I believe Terry is the one confused but as I said upthread, we really have to give props to Terry #thanksforthememories

As creepy as he was what would the trip have done without Terry-tory Terry!!!!
Have some boring old avatars for one thing!

Not a bad summer job :thumbsup2
Not at all! The best part is he doesn't have to quit when school starts again and he has to focus on schoolwork since the season ends after Labor Day ⚾
That's the best part! Though my Allie just got a job lifeguarding for the summer and she is literally working 40 hours/week. I can't even believe that' legal at 15!
Ugh same with the stadium they hire at 15. the last few nights they only have him and his other food service friends work 4 hours and 15 mins so they're barely over the hours to get a break; guess that's how they get away with it. They are able to drink as much as they want while working so at least that's good.

Those pictures are hysterical! I love yours ad Kari's new avatars! :rotfl:
:rotfl2: Do you think Terry knows how truly AWESOME he is????

So funny, I had to double check I was reading your post and not Jenny’s :rotfl2:

Her face is priceless!!
We were dying when we blew the pic up and saw it!

Who says only the Country Bears can give you good red neck entertainment 😅
OMG Caroline THIS made ME lmao!

Hi Ariane! I finally got caught up on your TR. I've been struggling to catch up with everybody's lately.
Hi Jeff good to see you here again! I am totally behind on everyone's and can barely keep up with mine so I totally understand.

But I'm glad I did so I could figure out what was going on with your avatar (and a couple others it seems) :P
:rotfl: Yeah I think we've thrown a few people off lol but once @kastoney started, the rest just had to be done.

That certainly sounds like a fun and "interesting" night.
It was interesting, fun, just as awesome as every EPIC trip night! I am so truly happy I was able to go on this trip and the drunk guy & friends just added to the EPICness lol

We're down to ONE WEEK until our July 4th trip people! AND we get to see some of our EPIC trip friends again: Renee @ArielSRL and her DH plus we get to meet her boys this time, and the always fab and fun Mr. and Mrs. @pepperandchips will be there! I'm also hoping to have my first meet with the lovely Susan @suse66 :goodvibes

But for now let us go back to mine and Steve's last full day of EPICness and the beauty that was Cali Grill Brunch!

First a few pictures of the gang:

Some of the menfolk we let tag along: Steve and Jenny's Joe with Luke @fallonkendra's other half and Chad, Renee @ArielSRL's DH:

IMG_1766.JPG

Yes we had Joe and Steve in matching shirts! Well our kids are too old to match these days so.......

twins.jpeg

twins2.jpeg

And even though they didn't match a cute pic of Steve x2 @chunkymonkey:

brunch6.jpg

FYI we changed after brunch was over before we left because we were heading to a park! And now for the ladies:

brunch2.jpg

Um I see a couple ladies are missing drinks but I'll forgive them lol: starting bottom front: Billie @Elevationist, moi, Jenny @Jenny Sanders and then starting behind Billie is the adorable @fallonkendra, Su-Lynn @chunkymonkey of course and then the one I am continuously quoting in this post Renee @ArielSRL :wave2: Next to Renee is my friend Kelly @buzzrelly and on the end, lasts but never ever least, the always sassy always classy :rolleyes1 Kari @kastoney!

BTW to everyone I stole these pictures from - well yeah, we kinda called sharesies lol. Like this one!

brunch5.jpg

Again after I'd changed for the parks. And these gorgeous gals:

IMG_1764.JPG

🍫I did take pictures of food too which BTW was out of this world and I would absolutely do brunch again! Debating seeing if I can get it for Sept. but I know we want to do the F&W booths alot so....... for starters here's a picture of the dessert plate they bring out:

brunch4.jpg

The dark chocolate brittle was scrumptious as were the macaroons - I had a vanilla and I think the chocolate? And then one of the dark chocolate pieces of......chocolate. Kari particularly was fascinated with the lighter chocolates, the red and yellow ones 🍫 In fact she was so in awe of these she wanted to pose with one:

IMG_1780.JPG

I didn't try the jelly things that kind of look like fancy DOTS candy but I've seen them somewhere else in Disney; can't remember where. So now we'll go back to the food we had before dessert! Starting with this sweet thang:

IMG_1770.JPG

This isn't listed on the menu and I can't remember what it was called but it was like a liqueur cake with corn flakes on top and a vanilla-y ice cream. Somewhere in there was an orange liquid or liqueur of some kind too? I know this is a great description! Overall this was super duper sweet and super duper delicious. I wanted to get another one but there was so much goodness try and it was on the filling side.

I hate to continue the brunch in ANOTHER post but, it's happening! More food pics to come when I get to post again.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!