PIxie Dust

MargJ

Earning My Ears
Any ideas for making Pixie Dust? I used powder & glitter a few years ago but looking to see if anyone else has any ideas. I want to sprinkle it on my niece & nephew when they walk down Main Street for the first time.

Hmm, I'm not sure how to make it but I'm pretty sure if you take them to the Barbers on Main Street, they will sprinkle them with Pixie Dust :)

The pixie dust they use on the tours is made up of different colored Mickey Heads....as the OP said you can take them to the Barber Shop on Main St. and have them place magical pixie dust on their heads...how old are the children? If they are very young ....anything will you say is pixie dust will in their minds be pixie dust....if older...try the Barber Shop

MargJ said:
Any ideas for making Pixie Dust? I used powder & glitter a few years ago but looking to see if anyone else has any ideas. I want to sprinkle it on my niece & nephew when they walk down Main Street for the first time.

4 parts Cayenne pepper
2 parts BB's (copper)
4 parts river sand
4 parts chili powder
3 parts salt
5 parts corn meal

Shaken, not stirred.

Careful, its very POWERFUL!*

:teeth:

*Keep away from children, pets and droids.

When you have your b-day at a restaurant in Disney, they sprinkle pixie dust on you too. Which is little glittery mickey heads. I asked for some at Tony's so I could use it in my scrapbook. :blush: But our server was nice enough to get it for me! :goodvibes

I bought some awesome, very fine ground glitter at Michael's and used that for my PD. They have all kinds of colors, but I mixed the purple and green. It is really just dust and when I sprinkled it on my niece she totally thought Tinkerbell had just flown over her head! I found it in the t-shirt making aisle.
It's the closest thing to PD I've ever seen! :tink:

WaltD4Me said:
I bought some awesome, very fine ground glitter at Michael's and used that for my PD. They have all kinds of colors, but I mixed the purple and green. It is really just dust and when I sprinkled it on my niece she totally thought Tinkerbell had just flown over her head! I found it in the t-shirt making aisle.
It's the closest thing to PD I've ever seen! :tink:

Oh that sounds perfect. I have always told them that I get sprinkled with Pixie Dust the first time I walk down Main Street so this is going to be a sneaky job with me behind them sprinkling.

That sounds SOOOO sweet. Let us know how it goes.

I sprinkled my pixie dust occasionally all through the trip. I sprinkled some in my niece's shoe one morning and some on her pillow and some in her bath water before she got in the tub one night and a little on the table at a restaurant. I also sprinkled some on her at the parks too. My niece was in total awe of the pixie dust. She thought Tink was following us around our whole trip! :goodvibes
Have fun with it and....DON'T GET CAUGHT! :tink:

PS. It looked really cool...all sparkly...floating in the bath water!

You can find embossing powder in the stamp/card making isle of any craft store...Michaels, JoAnn's, Hobby Lobby, ect....

I scrapbook so I have some embossing power, but I thought it was almost too fine to use and it isn't as sparkly as the very fine ground glitter I used.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter