Pixie Hollow in beta

Personally I love the colors and the idea, but the graphics make me think of a paper doll cut out sliding from left to right of my screen.

With what we have seen with 3-D gaming in POTCO this is truly a disappointment. I am guessing they are thinking that the age group marketed for and will think it is 'so prettttyyy' doesn't mind that it is dismal on the graphics.

I'm really very disappointed. The game could have been amazing.

I do like the mini-games, well a couple of them, they have the feel of the MSN Games.

I feel that there are many other offerings that are much more appealing for a true gamer...heck, for any gamer.

They need to hire the HALO team that Microsoft is letting go after Halo Wars comes out in February 09. They would at least give a true 3-D look to my fairy....and maybe a Sig, but still I would be 3-D :rotfl:

I was happy to find out Beta had started. I was able to get moving and grooving. I been working on getting badges now and would love to connect with some DIS Fairies.

I am April Stardance:137 Hidden ElmGarden.

As creepy as this may be, I find the sewing game addicting. I NEED to make more oak leaf dresses. :surfweb:

(Although I do know at least two grown men that have made fairies... sssh!)
I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about.

What I DO know is Rill Cherryfly spent waaaay too much time on that sewing game yesterday. Apparently, Dr. Cherryfly is "awesome" at dyeing, cutting patterns, but stinks at whatever that spider is supposed to be doing. Grrrr.

Very cute game. But darlin', I need to shoot at something.

Ricks (who would keep you in "stiches" if it weren't for that freakin spider!!)

I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about.

What I DO know is Rill Cherryfly spent waaaay too much time on that sewing game yesterday. Apparently, Dr. Cherryfly is "awesome" at dyeing, cutting patterns, but stinks at whatever that spider is supposed to be doing. Grrrr.

Very cute game. But darlin', I need to shoot at something.

Ricks (who would keep you in "stiches" if it weren't for that freakin spider!!)

Took me a while to figure out the spider part too! Now that I have though I am quite the little fairy tailor!

BTW, you click right as the spider swings over the round thingys and holes.

PRINCESSMADIRO (Amethyst Rosepetal) princess: LOVES making clothes! That's her favorite game! She hopes that some day she can buy and wear her own fashions. She will be tickled to hear that there are some boys that love it too! :)
:tinker: pixiedust:
Happy flying and spread that pixie dust our way please!
:hug:

I can't wait to play Pixie Hollow. Whenever I try, it's always closed and then I forget to look all the other times. Whenever I'm on, look for Amber Quickheart!

I can't wait to play Pixie Hollow. Whenever I try, it's always closed and then I forget to look all the other times. Whenever I'm on, look for Amber Quickheart!

I'm pretty sure it's open all the time now.

My favorite game so far is the Fish Bubble Bounce one. Very addicting.

The Firefly game - can't escape that stupid moth. Upsets my basket everytime I try to light a fly... Grrr... So want to smack that thing...

The Tailor game - I'm with Ricks on this one. No idea what to do what that swinging spider... I can only hold so many pink skirts in my inventory anyways...

Would love to hear people's high scores in the games....... so I can see how far short I am falling :teeth: Bubble Bounce was 1060 for me. Don't laugh! Back to bubble bouncing...

Personally I love the colors and the idea, but the graphics make me think of a paper doll cut out sliding from left to right of my screen.

With what we have seen with 3-D gaming in POTCO this is truly a disappointment. I am guessing they are thinking that the age group marketed for and will think it is 'so prettttyyy' doesn't mind that it is dismal on the graphics.

I'm really very disappointed. The game could have been amazing.

I do like the mini-games, well a couple of them, they have the feel of the MSN Games.

I feel that there are many other offerings that are much more appealing for a true gamer...heck, for any gamer.

They need to hire the HALO team that Microsoft is letting go after Halo Wars comes out in February 09. They would at least give a true 3-D look to my fairy....and maybe a Sig, but still I would be 3-D :rotfl:

I agree totally!! After spending over an hour customizing my fairy I finally got into pixie hollow and for me it is well hollow.... I know it is in beta but from what I have seen it cannot even begin to compare to VMK or POTC. Odd that Disney, who was for years on the cutting edge of technology is now designing new games that look like they could be old games??? :confused3 Oh well my 2 year old granddaughter might like it ....

I got an email from Pixie Hollow the other day. I vaguely remember my daughter creating a fairy awhile ago. I'll bet she signed me up! :rotfl:

Is anyone having trouble logging on today? princess can't get in.
I'm talking with live chat right now but they have not been any help so far.
Just wondering if anyone else is having a problem.

The Tailor game - I'm with Ricks on this one. No idea what to do what that swinging spider...

Pink, when the spider starts moving, wait until it gets to the first colorful spinning circle -- when it's right over it, click it so the spider leaves the thread there. Then on each subsequent hole, click it when the spider is right over it. :)

My fairy looks like Judy Garland with blue hair.

Do you think that the fairy "talents" will have any effect on the game? I hope so.

Ok, I finally decided to try out this game this weekend, and I have to say that I am totally hooked! It's not as engaging as VMK, but I looove fairies, so even though there's not much to do (yet), it's right up my alley. I too had NO idea what was up with the spider part in the sewing game...so far I've gotten nothing but zero points for that part because I couldn't figure it out! Glad to see I'm not the only one. :laughing:

I've been spending most of my time gathering objects to earn badges. It's such a mundane task, but for some reason I just can't stop! Just one more oak leaf, two more daisy petals.... :crazy:

Anyway, I think it's about time I met some other DISers to make the game more fun. I'm Violet Littlespeck. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!