Pizzafari family style dinner

lgjjp

Mouseketeer
Has anyone been able to book a dinner at pizzafari in ak for the family style dinner? We are at 176 days so within our 180+ period for booking dining. I called twice yesterday 1st I was told I could book it in 3 days and the 2nd time i called (for a completely different issue but asked about it again) i was told that it was completely booked but to try again in a few weeks. Online wont let me look at anything past October. Ive read conflicting info about whether it is a ddp table service or counter service. Any info would be greatly appreciated. TIA

I have a reservation for 8/19. I think they are testing it out for a couple of months, not sure if it's a permanent thing.

It is only showing as bookable through 10/31 for me. I show a lot of openings between now and then, but anything after that date is grayed out and not available as a valid date to pick.

Has anyone been able to book a dinner at pizzafari in ak for the family style dinner? We are at 176 days so within our 180+ period for booking dining. I called twice yesterday 1st I was told I could book it in 3 days and the 2nd time i called (for a completely different issue but asked about it again) i was told that it was completely booked but to try again in a few weeks. Online wont let me look at anything past October. Ive read conflicting info about whether it is a ddp table service or counter service. Any info would be greatly appreciated. TIA

As PPs said, they are only booking through Oct as it is still in a testing phase.

It is QS, not TS, but like BoG breakfast and lunch QS, it requires an ADR.

I'm curious to hear/read the first reports. I think today was the first day or maybe it's tomorrow.

I have to say, I had my doubts. But the pizza looks good! And for a QS credit, I think its a great value.

I dont use the DP anymore but if I did, I'd make an ADR here. To pay cash though, not sure i'd bother (not unless I had a family who insisted we go there...which in my case is NOT likely to happen). :teeth:

I went ahead and got an ADR for it on 9/21...I've got the free dining QS plan so thought it would b better than a typical Burger/Chicken meal...and they have beer which is a bonus! lol

The review link above is great, thank you Texans Loyal! We have booked Pizzafari dinner and it sounds like a good option. We are not on the dining plan, but paying out of pocket and I don’t think you can find another complete meal including salads, main dishes, dessert and beverage for this price at AK or at many other Disney restaurants For that matter!

And I love not having to scurry around to find a table, and being able to sit and enjoy a meal in the air conditioning!

Does everyone in the party have to eat family style? Can one person order from regular menu?

Very interesting. I saw this pop up as a new dinner option for my recently-booked October weekend and thought I'd jump on here to get more info- still not bookable for my November trip. A fast meal in AK that doesn't require me looking for a table carrying trays is very welcome. I'll look forward to hearing how others like it!

I wonder if they'll do this for other QS restaurants.

Very interesting. I saw this pop up as a new dinner option for my recently-booked October weekend and thought I'd jump on here to get more info- still not bookable for my November trip. A fast meal in AK that doesn't require me looking for a table carrying trays is very welcome. I'll look forward to hearing how others like it!

I wonder if they'll do this for other QS restaurants.

I will post my review after we eat there in early September

I also have a question regarding the platter option. We tend to share QS meals, and since this is not an AYCTE platter, I wonder if two people could share a platter for one. So far this restaurant is not on our roster for December, however I am trying to figure out QS meals in DAK if we are there in the evening. My DD is not on board for any more ADR's however I think that the park is going to be wicked busy the week we are there and want to have a break locked in if need be.

I saw that platter and it looked really good, but was a lot of food for one person, and my DH cringes if good food is thrown out.

I also have a question regarding the platter option. We tend to share QS meals, and since this is not an AYCTE platter, I wonder if two people could share a platter for one. So far this restaurant is not on our roster for December, however I am trying to figure out QS meals in DAK if we are there in the evening. My DD is not on board for any more ADR's however I think that the park is going to be wicked busy the week we are there and want to have a break locked in if need be.

I saw that platter and it looked really good, but was a lot of food for one person, and my DH cringes if good food is thrown out.
Typically any family style meal at wdw you must pay the price for each person eating. I would assume this is the same way.

Go back on this thread and read the informative review link in post #6.

At the present Pizzafari offers two options for dinner, the regular quick service order at the counter and find a table and the new family style option. The seating for each of the two options is in a separate dining rooms. Upon entering the room for family style there is a station and cash register where you pay a flat fee per person, I think it is $19 per adult or one quick service meal credit, which includes a non alcoholic beverage. I would be very surprised if they allowed adults to share.

Last edited:
Curious .... is there any other restaurant at Disney that calls the meal "Family Style" but is not all you can eat? I understand what Family Style means but it seems at Disney that they have always coordinated it with AYCTE .... Liberty Tavern, Garden Grill, Whispering Canyon, Ohana ...

I think it's a great value for dining plan, but I agree that for $20 per person OOP, I'd be booking a TS with better food.

I think it's a great value for dining plan, but I agree that for $20 per person OOP, I'd be booking a TS with better food.[/QUOTE]

I’ve never eaten dinner at AK until our upcoming September trip, but I only see TS options as Boma, Tiffins and Tusker House. (we aren’t fans of Rainforest Cafe or of buffets for that matter). I looked at the prices of each and I can’t believe the two of us could eat dinner at any of thesr three for less than $100 probably more, including tip and beverage. I’m sure the food is better, but I’m willing to take my chances. Especially since this meal involves a table in air conditioning and that in addition to main dishes the meal includes two types of salad, beverage and dessert. And if it is QS probably no tip added in, however if the same server brings all courses I anticipate we will leave a cash tip.

Typically any family style meal at wdw you must pay the price for each person eating. I would assume this is the same way.

Family style meal, yes, but as Hopper pointed out, that usually also means all-you-care-to-eat and this one doesn't mean that. So technically, it's a "prix fix" but we do have a "prix fix" meal where everyone doesn't have to order...BoG breakfast. I think the question of whether EVERYONE has to order and pay or can you share is a valid one and something SOMEONE needs to try. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't let two people share the amount of food they would give to one person.

I vote you go and try while you're there and let us know what happens. :flower3:

I’ve never eaten dinner at AK until our upcoming September trip, but I only see TS options as Boma, Tiffins and Tusker House. (we aren’t fans of Rainforest Cafe or of buffets for that matter). I looked at the prices of each and I can’t believe the two of us could eat dinner at any of thesr three for less than $100 probably more, including tip and beverage. I’m sure the food is better, but I’m willing to take my chances. Especially since this meal involves a table in air conditioning and that in addition to main dishes the meal includes two types of salad, beverage and dessert. And if it is QS probably no tip added in, however if the same server brings all courses I anticipate we will leave a cash tip.

What is hard is you are comparing a quick service pizza price to Boma (not at AK and buffet), Tiffins (Signature Restaurant) and Tusker House (Character meal buffet) ... all of which are priced on the high end. It's going to be cheaper, but not comparable. For TS in the park we prefer Yak & Yeti where we can have two nice entrees and shared dessert for around $60 plus gratuity. We drink water. We also enjoy sitting in Nomad Lounge, ordering some plates and a couple drinks. And some days we enjoy some of the more tasty QS.

I guess our style is that we don't have to eat TS and QS or any pattern every day. We eat based on what each park offers. There just was nothing on that menu that I would have ordered if I walked up to the counter, so I'm not interested in eating it now that it comes as a $20 meal. Now if they offered seconds on it, I see it as a good cash offer for family of big eaters. And maybe if the portions are decent it will still be a good value for big eaters. I would rather get a single entry of quality.

If anything gives someone value they should go for it, and sometimes that value is intangible. It varies by each person.

Family style meal, yes, but as Hopper pointed out, that usually also means all-you-care-to-eat and this one doesn't mean that. So technically, it's a "prix fix" but we do have a "prix fix" meal where everyone doesn't have to order...BoG breakfast. I think the question of whether EVERYONE has to order and pay or can you share is a valid one and something SOMEONE needs to try. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't let two people share the amount of food they would give to one person.

I vote you go and try while you're there and let us know what happens. :flower3:

I wish Disney would look at the "marketing" of meals and create consistent terms across the board. It's not really hard. Their loose terms have caused confusion at several locations.

You woudl think, however thsi is not an AYCTE meal, so the jury is out IMO.

Curious .... is there any other restaurant at Disney that calls the meal "Family Style" but is not all you can eat? I understand what Family Style means but it seems at Disney that they have always coordinated it with AYCTE .... Liberty Tavern, Garden Grill, Whispering Canyon, Ohana ...

I think it's a great value for dining plan, but I agree that for $20 per person OOP, I'd be booking a TS with better food.

Yes, that is why I am questioning it. My DSIL insists that should we book it, he will eat his own...challenge accepted, that means. LOL! I knwo it is way more than I could eat, however the review I read had me intrigued, adn I bet I could share that comfortable with my DD or one of my nieces. ALone? Nope. I woudl be throwing away half, adn I am not fine with that.

Oh, I am thinking about it! We are going in December and have not booked any TS dining that day. If we do decide to stay past the dinner hour on one of our DAK days I want to know I have a CS plan in place. SO far my DGD has requested Flame Tree. Not because she loves it, but because she has fond memories of her Pa getting scolded by a CM because he snuck a piece od bread to a duck...she plans to bring him back there and tease him! LOL! Oh Teenagers! LOL!

[QUOTE="HopperFan, post: 59596927, member: 55347"

I wish Disney would look at the "marketing" of meals and create consistent terms across the board. It's not really hard. Their loose terms have caused confusion at several locations.[/QUOTE]

Agreed! This is why I ask. I know BOG breakfast entrees can be shared, and I know that is a provocative subject, however I like to know the parameters of whatever I choose. If there was an across the board "rule" I woud lbe very happy. I am a rule follower and I like to know what they are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!