Pizzafari family style dinner

I certainly hope sharing is not an option or Disney will once again create a situation where families who actually want to eat what is offered will be fighting for adrs with folks who want a reserved table, air conditioning, and a place to escape the crowds while they snack on a shared meal.

Not every restaurant works for everyone. If it is too much food there are other options for places to eat. to eat :

I certainly hope sharing is not an option or Disney will once again create a situation where families who actually want to eat what is offered will be fighting for adrs with folks who want a reserved table, air conditioning, and a place to escape the crowds while they snack on a shared meal.

Not every restaurant works for everyone. If it is too much food there are other options for places to eat. to eat :

Oh we have no issues if sharing is not allowed, I just like to know all the options ahead of time. Whatever the policy is, I hope it is made clear in advance. My family is not nboard with this one at this time but as we draw closer I need to firm up our DAK plans. If we dine inside the park for dinner I will need to present them with choices. As others have suggested upthread, Disney is not very clear lately on some of their strategies, adn that causes the problems. The guest is not responsible for policing policy, the management is.

Oh we have no issues if sharing is not allowed, I just like to know all the options ahead of time. Whatever the policy is, I hope it is made clear in advance. My family is not nboard with this one at this time but as we draw closer I need to firm up our DAK plans. If we dine inside the park for dinner I will need to present them with choices. As others have suggested upthread, Disney is not very clear lately on some of their strategies, adn that causes the problems. The guest is not responsible for policing policy, the management is.
Disney absolutely creates their own issues and then we all scream that people are exploiting loopholes. Disney is 100% responsible. Best way in this case to avoid issues it to just collect payment before the party is seated based only on how many adults and how many children.

With them calling it "family style", I would imagine that there will be no sharing.

I don't see the comparison to BoG breakfast as valid, because the BoG breakfasts are portioned for single service...not an entire family.

You also cannot compare it to other aycte family style places, because they are all TS credits.

I cannot see them bringing out a salad, a whole pizza, two plates of pasta, and a tray of canolis, and allowing families to share while only paying $20. Got to imagine that everyone at the table pays.

Doesn't hurt to ask, though.

We ate here last week and really enjoyed our meal - I was surprised! I can't answer the sharing question since that wasn't an issue for us, but I can't imagine it'd be allowed based on how the food is served. My daughter is GF so she had her own separate salad, pizza, pasta and dessert. My DH, DD2 (2 yo) and myself shared the regular family-style meal and had plenty leftover. I think we received the same sized portion had our 6 yo been sharing with us as well, since my 2 yo technically didn't get her own portion, and it was A LOT of food. We were on the DDP so we found it to be a great value. It was also nice to have a much more casual meal that was also inside with a/c and we didn't have to think about. It was also not busy at all, which was great (we ate right around 6:00). We had lunch at Tusker House, which was also delicious and you can't beat the characters (if that's what you're going for), but on the other hand it sure is nice to have your food brought to your table. :-)

First off, I was unsure of which Pizzafari thread to revive, so I picked the one with the most posts. Anyway, I was playing around on the MDE app earlier today and decided to see if more dates for this were bookable yet. The dates were all shaded blue out to 180 days, but when I went in to actually try to reserve it lets me pick a time then comes up with no results. So I hopped on the web site, but dates on there are only selectable through the original end of October. Does this possibly mean more dates will actually be released soon, or was it just another infamous Disney IT glitch?

I'm not sure sharing actually would work at a family-style restaurant. By design, you can order unlimited food, if parties of 20 could only have one paying guest and then share, this would certainly create a loophole.

By the way, we've been there a few days ago, if you have any questions, feel free to ask! We've paid OOP, and enjoyed our meal. It is true that you bring your drinks and salads to your table, but then, there is a waiter for the entrées and the dessert, which is really nice.

By this, do you mean you could have ordered seconds or refills of any of the food?

Reports are that you can get refills, but you have to pay for them. I saw the prices for the different "refills", and it wasn't particularly "cheap". I think the baked ziti refill was $8. Can't remember where I saw it, but it was on a review of the restaurant on a popular blog.

I'm not sure sharing actually would work at a family-style restaurant. By design, you can order unlimited food, if parties of 20 could only have one paying guest and then share, this would certainly create a loophole.
That’s not exactly how the scenario was presented, 20 sharing unlimited food paid for by 1. Instead, it was suggested that the food would be portioned controlled for the paying diners, therefore the 20 would be sharing the food fit for 1, or a small bite each.

Anyone know if they accept tips for the server for the family style meal? Also has anyone been with and under 3? Do they need to pay or use credit or can they share as with other meals? (We will have DDP)

By this, do you mean you could have ordered seconds or refills of any of the food?

That's what we understood when we were introduced to the “family style” dinner. It hasn't occured to us that it could not be unliimited, since all the other “family styles” on property are “as much as you can eat”.

We didn't ask for more, since the serving was more than enough but we would certainly have complained if we'd ask and we would have been charged for it.

Anyone know if they accept tips for the server for the family style meal? Also has anyone been with and under 3? Do they need to pay or use credit or can they share as with other meals? (We will have DDP)

There is certainly no way to give a tip with the invoice that the cashier gives you, as the place is usually a counter service. We didn't try giving a tip, since we'd assumed that they would have declined it, but I'm interested if others have success in giving gratuities at the end of their meals. I would certainly have given a tip if we thought it would have been appropriate.

Since the meal is priced per person I would expect each person to pay. You can share at any other per person priced events. While this is the first portioned Family style meal, it is still a per head meal

Like many things at Disney great value for a qs credit, iffy if oop

Since the meal is priced per person I would expect each person to pay. You can share at any other per person priced events. While this is the first portioned Family style meal, it is still a per head meal

Like many things at Disney great value for a qs credit, iffy if oop

Thanks for pointing out this was “portioned”. This certainly wasn't our expectations, and I'm sure they have many Guests Situations to deal with when people ask some more only to find out they need to pay for it…

On the other hand, we were paying OOP and found the price tag to be perfectly fine. We paid 1) the convenience not having to chose on the menu 2) the service of not having to wait in line for our dishes to be prepared 3) the service of not having to clean up our tables

I have a question about the timing of the entrees. Are served all at once? Or do the bring them out with a few minutes between each one?

Thanks for pointing out this was “portioned”. This certainly wasn't our expectations, and I'm sure they have many Guests Situations to deal with when people ask some more only to find out they need to pay for it…

On the other hand, we were paying OOP and found the price tag to be perfectly fine. We paid 1) the convenience not having to chose on the menu 2) the service of not having to wait in line for our dishes to be prepared 3) the service of not having to clean up our tables

By portioned guests have reported what they receive is based on how many people are being served. A amity of 6 would receive more than a party of 2

We tried this meal a few days ago. I liked it. Forgive me if I'm just repeating other's info, but....
you check in at the desk, and they give you a table #. You bring that table number to the register and give them your drink orders. At that time, they give you your drinks and your appetizers. Then back to the desk, and someone shows you to your table. After a few minutes, they bring out the entrees. Let me just say it was WAY too much food. Large pepperoni pizza, and two pasta dishes, along with the apps and mini cannolis for dessert (9 for our party of 4). We didn't even touch one of the pasta dishes. I'd book it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter