PizzeRizzo closing

Couldn't 'great moments in history' go to grand avenue above the tap house?

I heard speculation somewhere that there would be just such a show in this location... Except it would be the Muppets retelling Star Wars for people waiting on Grand Avenue to get into Galaxy's Edge.

No idea if it's based in reality, but it would be amazing.

What is the loss here? It was subpar food, subpar theming, and nothing fun on that menu at all. It lacked any kind of charm or presentation that was unique to the Muppets name. It was severely lackluster, and it wont be missed at all.

What is the loss here? It was subpar food, subpar theming, and nothing fun on that menu at all. It lacked any kind of charm or presentation that was unique to the Muppets name. It was severely lackluster, and it wont be missed at all.

well, as evidence by some comments in this thread, not everyone shares your opinion as others seem to have really liked it

I think the biggest loss is just something else closed with nothing to replace it (at least for now) and it eliminates one of the (relatively) few quick service locations with sizeable inside seating with A/C, etc.

It would be one thing if it was announced that it was closing with something to replace it - but to just close and sit unused feels like a waste and a loss for those (even if not a huge population) that did like it

I wonder how much of the closing is due to less traffic in area due to SW:GE not being open. Muppets 3D is a fun show, but not enough to keep pulling folks into that area until SW:GE opens. Once that opens, I will bet my eye teeth Muppets gets swamped, and Rizzo would do well as well

I feel like Baseline taphouse could move there and you'd see the occupancy/usage go way up.
Maybe, but if the plan was to expand Baseline even more, why do the original Rizzo work? I would think families would much prefer Rizzo over Baseline. Families with younger kids that is

Not surprised if true..
We just got back and my oldest son loves PizzaRizzo (don't know why) so as as he ate there while the rest of us ate at ABC.... ABC was wall to wall folks and it took us 30 plus minutes to get through the order line. So we strolled over to PIzzaRizzo, with our food in hand and my son basically had the entire upstairs at PizzaRizzo to himself...

Maybe, but if the plan was to expand Baseline even more, why do the original Rizzo work? I would think families would much prefer Rizzo over Baseline. Families with younger kids that is
Comes down to your audience. Numbers don't seem to show that families prefer pizzaRizzo enough to make it worth while to stay open. I think what we are seeing is a trend of the park moving to an audience that is more adult oriented. A young child accepting park, but one that is more eager to serve those that no longer need booster seats.
Whether you care for the trend or not, the brew pub/gastro pub is that hot ticket in the food industry right now. For whatever reason that hasn't reached into the park yet, but it is coming.
Maybe not the pizzarizzo spot, but there is certainly a market for it, especially at DHS.

maybe - but we ate at Baseline last trip and my kids enjoyed the snacks and the non-alcohilic drinks just fine

And maybe do something that is a combo of Baseline and a more full service/family friendly quick service location - could set it up like a urban food hall or indoor food truck set up or something if they want to keep with the NY theme

They have been rumors of Indy Stunt spectacular getting shuttered eventually for a new attraction. Since we know ST will get a retheme, and the muppet movie/pizza Rizzos get very little traffic...they could be looking at making Pizza Rizzos seasonal for now, and taking Indy, ST, Muppets, Pizza Rizzos, and the eatery between ST and INDY(can't remember the name) as there next expansion slot.

The problem is they have this are needing updates, as well as the Launch Bay area. This is what happens when you neglect a park for a decade.

Was there this weekend and pizzarizzo was dead. There is plenty of bad food at Disney. I think this is 100% location. It's the same pizza ad Pizzafari but that stays quite crowded.

It really seems if a rumor doesn't come from 1 or 2 people, or if those poeple have not heard of it then there is no basis. I believe this is probably true as the OP has provided a credible story and cited a source which is far more than we get from 90% of rumors on here.
Amen to that!

Pizza really isn't that hard to do. I can't believe Disney doesn't have a single halfway decent QS pizza place in any of the parks. Seems a New York style pizza by the slice place would move people through really quickly and make bank. Heck, you don't even need a whole restaurant/seating. That said, I will be extremely sad to see this go. As someone with sensory issues, it was a perfect place to go for a break from the crowds. As were the Streets of America. Tom Sawyer Island will also be closed for our trip.

That's crazy, it literally just opened. And I actually enjoyed the atmosphere more than I did when it was Pizza Planet (was never themed properly), I'll be sad to see this go... could it be potentially moving to a seasonal operation instead?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!