Place to stay? Kids 5 & 8. Coronado or Doubltree Downtown Disney?

Geeper

Earning My Ears
We will be at WDW June 1 through June 5 with our kids (5 & 8) and am looking for feedback comparing Coronado Springs and the Doubletree in Downtown Disney. Pros, cons, etc.

Thanks in advance,
G

Hi Geeper. I guess the question is really whether you want a suite or want to stay on site more. I've stayed at the Coronado and it has an excellent pool and the rooms are adequate. I wasn't thrilled with the food court but we normally ate in the parks or at other resorts anyway. The bus service was good and hey, you're in the Disney magic! I've never stayed at that particular Doubletree but I love Doubletree in general and it's nice to have the extra amenities. I guess it just depends on what's more important to you.

Will you have a car? Staying at a Downtown Disney hotel seems easier if you do.

Hi Geeper...welcome to the DIS!!! :)

I agree with planogirl ya got to decide...suite or onsite.

We stayed at CS last July with our 2 boys.I found the rooms rather small and it was hike to the food court or the pool for us.We did enjoy the food court and the refillable mugs and the boys really liked the pool.The themeing of this resort like all of Disney's places is wonderful!

I've stayed off site but never in the DTD area.I know the DT as transportation to WDW.From what I read about DT it seems kid friendly too.

I guess the main thing you need to decide is on how much room you'll want or need with the 4 of you in a room.

I also know no matter if you're on site or off (DT isn't all that far off!) you and your family will have a magical time! :) :) :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter