Placeholder credit

valskate86

Earning My Ears
hi all, I’m hoping someone may know the answer. I was on a cruise last September and booked a placeholder in my name only. Yesterday, I used that placeholder to book a cruise for this November with 3 friends (not on the original placeholder) all in one room. We will all have separate accounts set up onboard with our own credit cards attached. Does anyone know how the onboard credit will work?
It seems the credit should come to me as I held and paid for the placeholder reservation.
I asked the dcl rep yesterday and she didn’t even know we could all have our own credit cards attached to out onboard accounts...so I don’t really trust her.
Thanks for your help!

Hi,

I booked a placeholder in 2015, putting only my name down. In 2016, I booked a cruise for 2017 for myself and a friend. We sailed in August 2017. On the first night of the cruise, I received an envelope (in my name) either on the desk or hanging off the fish outside the door (can't remember). It mentioned my credit and said it would be applied to my account. My friend would never have even known about it if I hadn't mentioned it to her previously. I treated her to Palo and a couple of other things. So to answer your question, yes, the credit will go to you -- the original booker.

Molly

Hi,

I booked a placeholder in 2015, putting only my name down. In 2016, I booked a cruise for 2017 for myself and a friend. We sailed in August 2017. On the first night of the cruise, I received an envelope (in my name) either on the desk or hanging off the fish outside the door (can't remember). It mentioned my credit and said it would be applied to my account. My friend would never have even known about it if I hadn't mentioned it to her previously. I treated her to Palo and a couple of other things. So to answer your question, yes, the credit will go to you -- the original booker.

Molly

The placeholder discount did apply to your friend's cruise fare even though her name wasn't on the placeholder, correct?

LAX

Hi,

Molly

Oh that’s great! My intent was to pay for Palo or buy some drinks. Thanks!

Yes. The placeholder discount is for the whole room.

Thanks. That's what I thought, too. I had read on another thread that suggested the discount only applies to those on the placeholder (or maybe I misunderstood the comment).

LAX

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!