Placing a picture in my signature

praisehisname

DIS Veteran
Can someone walk me through the steps (or point me in the right direction) for placing a picture in my signature? I've looked all over, and can't find it.

Thanks!
Denise C. in MD

You post a picture just like you do clipart. The short version is:

Now for the longer version. :)

The picture must be stored on the internet first. You don't have to design a website, just upload your photo to a site. We have a free photo storage site right here on the DIS.

The DIS Photo Gallery

You'll log in there using the same name and password you use on the DIS. After you log in, click on the upload photos button and follow the instructions.

After you've uploaded your photo, click on your photo so that it opens in a new window. Right click on the photo, click on properties, then highlight and copy the URL. It should look something like this:

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/916/medium/Fantasyland-Disney-World-16.jpg

Go to your user cp > edit profile> scroll down to the signature box, and then paste the URL where you would like it to appear in your signature. Be sure to type
after the URL. There can be no spaces, carriage returns or extra characters in there.

Then scroll to the bottom of the page and click on submit modifications. If this is your first time to have a signature, you will need to click the Show Signature box and the bottom of the posting window next time you make a post.

As long as were talking about signatures, please make sure your signature complies with the DIS Signature Guidellines.

If you need any assistance posting photos or complying with the guidelines, please ask on the Tech Support Board. We can usually reduce the size of photos to meet the guidelines. :)

I'm using GeoCities as my host for the clipart (not photo) in my signature, and I'm having a lot of relability problems, as I knew I would. Could anyone suggest another free, more reliable host than geocities?

Also, is there any reason why my signature image shows up in Internet Explorer, but doesn't on AOL? It doesn't show a broken link, it's just not there. *sigh*

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks.

As you can see I managed to get photos on today , but ones come out tiny and the other one is HUGE !!! anyone know how to solve this ??????

Thanks Gracey x

To really change the sizes, Gracey, you need a photo edit program. Usually comes with digital cameras or bought separate pretty inexpensively. Your small one is the thumbnail version of a larger picture. If you want to use the picture/s in your signature, they have to comply with the picture guidelines found in the FAQ thread from Mary Jo here.

If you need help or have more questions, ask here, but best on a seperate thread, not aded on to this one, or PM or email me, glad to help you.

Dan

Thank you Dan

I re did it using the thumbnail, the pictures are approved . I uploaded them yesterday . They have been taken from the photo gallery on this website.

Can you post it so we can see, Caroline?

It should start with [ img] and end with [ /img]...

Okay!

Here's the picture:

576meandtheo1-med.JPG

To post the picture, go to the page it's on (that's actually what you linked to- the page itself), then right-click on the photo, select PROPERTIES, and grab the photo's address there. The photo will end in JPG.

If you click QUOTE in this message, you'll see what the photo's link looks like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter