Plan, plan and plan some more-AKA Mom's driving her son nuts- A September 2017 PTR

Okay, so I think I've decided on my final ADR's. Of course since we are on the Deluxe Dining plan, there's room for more reservations. Here's what I have so far.

Late Dinner at T-Rex It's for 8 at night. Not as early as I wanted, but it will do.

The next morning we have breakfast planned for Epcot. It's for their Eat To The Beat Concert series. It's at Garden Grill.
Then for a late lunch we have Via Napoli.

Boma is in our plans for breakfast the next day.
Jungle Navigation is in our lunch plans. This is also our Halloween Party day. So for dinner we will probably do QS.

Then we have Tusker House planned for breakfast the next day. This is one of our favorite places to eat.
Lunch will probably be another QS meal. I'm thinking either pizzafari or Flame Tree.
Tiffins for an early dinner. This is a Rivers of Light dinner package. I'm pretty excited about this one. We've never eaten at Tiffins before. So this will be totally new for us.

The only meal I have planned for the next day is for Le Cellier. I'm either going to do QS for lunch or if we like Boma, then we will eat there again.

The next day is my birthday. For Breakfast we have Crystal Palace planned. I love Eeyore. We've done this many, many time before and we love it.
For lunch we are doing QS probably
For Dinner we have a Ge Our Guest reservation.

Ohana's Best Friend Breakfast is for breakfast the next morning. Chris and Jordan both like Stitch so this meal is for them. I honestly love the POG juice there. It's so yummy.
Lunch is at Mama Melrose's.
Dinner is at Sanaa.

Breakfast the next morning is at Akershus. I'm less confident about this one. I'm not 100% sure on the food here.I'm hoping that they have enough for my picky eater of a son to find to eat.
Lunch is at The Garden Grill
Dinner will either be a walkup or QS.

Breakfast is at Tusker House
Late Lunch at Yak & Yeti

The only plans I have for the following day is Hoop Dee Doo Revue. That's at 8 at night. We will probably either do QS or maybe Boma again.

Breakfast for our last day there will be at the Whispering Canyon Cafe.

Then we will head over to Disney Springs to do some final shopping.

Late Dinner at T-Rex It's for 8 at night. Not as early as I wanted, but it will do.

Did you check with the restaurant itself? You can make T-Rex reservations by calling them directly, sometimes Disney doesn't have a lot of ADR times loaded in the system for T-Rex.

The only meal I have planned for the next day is for Le Cellier. I'm either going to do QS for lunch or if we like Boma, then we will eat there again.

Ooo you'll have to tell me how it is. I want to do Le Cellier in the future!

The next day is my birthday. For Breakfast we have Crystal Palace planned. I love Eeyore. We've done this many, many time before and we love it.

I love Crystal Palace too. Tigger is my favorite :lovestruc

Okay, I'm starting to second guess my decision to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge and Hard Rock. The reason? Chris seems to be genuinely excited about staying at Riverside. He keeps talking about it all the time. I'm biting my lips to keep from saying anything. I'm just kind of like, Uh....Riverside is our favorite hotel. We've never stayed at anything above a moderate, so I'm hoping that he is pleasantly surprised.

As for Hard Rock, he still thinks that we are staying offsite. I'm just like, shut up...shut up...don't say a word. LOL!!

Also, Sams had a one day sale today. Unfortunately Disney gift cards weren't included in the sale. I bought some food gift cards. I got Krispy Kreme, Smashburger and Coldstone Creamery. $150 for $112. Not too bad. LOL!!

Okay, I'm starting to second guess my decision to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge and Hard Rock. The reason? Chris seems to be genuinely excited about staying at Riverside. He keeps talking about it all the time. I'm biting my lips to keep from saying anything. I'm just kind of like, Uh....Riverside is our favorite hotel. We've never stayed at anything above a moderate, so I'm hoping that he is pleasantly surprised.

I would be pleasantly surprised if I found out we were staying somewhere nicer. I hope he likes it (but I think he will)! I had a problem like that when I was surprising Josh with AKL. I had originally booked CSR and one night at the Poly as his present because he always talked about it. Once we switched to AKL I wanted to make all our nights there since the Poly was double one night's price (and even after staying there imo wasn't worth double). But I couldn't tell him without telling him about AKL so I kept it :rotfl: I know he would've agreed if he knew about it though.

As for Hard Rock, he still thinks that we are staying offsite. I'm just like, shut up...shut up...don't say a word. LOL!!

Hard Rock is definitely a good decision, I think he'll love it.

Also, Sams had a one day sale today. Unfortunately Disney gift cards weren't included in the sale. I bought some food gift cards. I got Krispy Kreme, Smashburger and Coldstone Creamery. $150 for $112. Not too bad. LOL!!

I figured they wouldn't include the good ones! But you still got some delicious ones lol

Okay, so I've started packing my suitcase already. Got all of the essentials packed. Packed a lot of shirts and things that I bought for the trip. I also ordered a Ursula dress. Not 100% sure that I'm going to like how it looks on me. So, I might end up returning it. If I like it, then it will be my Halloween party costume.

Finally came up with some funny names for our Magic bands. Well, at least Chris and Jordan's.

I went and bought some things at Dollar General today. Bought some tissues. Because my allergies always act weird when I'm down there. Yeah, I used to live there, but it's been awhile and I honestly think I have new allergies here now. Different ones. LOL!! I also bought some ponchos. We might not need them, but I'd much rather have them than not. I also bought some purell hand wipes. I'll probably buy some of the hand gel also. Because I always end up getting sick no matter how much I wash my hands.

Okay, and I'm not 100% sure that Chris doesn't have an idea of where we are staying. At least for the Disney portion of the trip. I was wondering if staying at AKL was a mistake considering how much he's been talking about it. Yeah. Well, Saturday we were coming home and we were talking about the Contemporary and how much it costs. Well, he said that if we can do it on our next trip he wants to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Yeah. He's talked about it before, but never come right out and said that.

So, it got me wondering. I know I sometimes talk in my sleep. I'm thinking maybe I said something and he heard me. After we check in I'm going to ask him. Because he really has me wondering now. LOL!!

Bought some Halloween bags from the Disney store and a pair of mouse ears. Yeah. I'm kind of addicted to them.

Bought some tissues. Because my allergies always act weird when I'm down there.

I have to buy tissues too :rotfl: I always end up having to blow my nose somewhere where there's no tissues around so I have to get a tiny pack.

LOL!! I also bought some ponchos. We might not need them, but I'd much rather have them than not.

Ponchos are very useful in September. :laughing:

I also bought some purell hand wipes. I'll probably buy some of the hand gel also. Because I always end up getting sick no matter how much I wash my hands.

Hopefully this will be the first September I don't get sick there. I have my Wet Wipes and hand sanitizer there.

So, it got me wondering. I know I sometimes talk in my sleep. I'm thinking maybe I said something and he heard me. After we check in I'm going to ask him. Because he really has me wondering now. LOL!!

When I was trying to surprise Josh I was being a lot more obvious than I thought because I kind of wanted him to guess so I wouldn't have to keep it a secret anymore :rotfl: I knew he kind of knew because he didn't seem super surprised when I told him.

But I think he might just be talking in general and planning for the future not that he actually knows.

I have to buy tissues too :rotfl: I always end up having to blow my nose somewhere where there's no tissues around so I have to get a tiny pack.

Ponchos are very useful in September. :laughing:

Hopefully this will be the first September I don't get sick there. I have my Wet Wipes and hand sanitizer there.

When I was trying to surprise Josh I was being a lot more obvious than I thought because I kind of wanted him to guess so I wouldn't have to keep it a secret anymore :rotfl: I knew he kind of knew because he didn't seem super surprised when I told him.

But I think he might just be talking in general and planning for the future not that he actually knows.
I got a 10 pack of tissues at Dollar General and Chris was like, "Oh, those are cool." I told him, they are tissues. LOL!!

I figured that the worst case is we have the ponchos and don't need them. Either way, I won't have to spend $12 on ponchos in the parks.

I still want to get more hand sanitizer. I'm determined not to get a cold this year. LOL!!

Okay, so I ordered my Halloween costume. It's an Ursula dress. I was going to get some tights to wear. Then, my best friend reminded me how hot it is down there.

Here is the dress. I'm figuring that I'll wear some black capri's with it.

20786562_10211784172693962_1068250801_n (1).jpg

Chris was talking to me and annoying me when he was taking the picture. LOL!!

Well, I needed something to go with it. Then, the thought came to me. Flotsam and Jetsam. Couldn't find anything that seemed to work. So, I contacted the shop owner at Etsy that made my custom made mouse ears last year. She came up with this:

20806982_10211787475336526_536894416_o.png

So, I'm pretty happy with it. She usually has a three to five week shipping time, but I told her that I need it sooner, so she's going to have it done in plenty of time. Luckily I got mine in. Because she is super popular and her spots filled up in like 30 minutes. She's that good.

I am going to change my hair color and get it cut shorter. I'll color it the same color as Ursula.

I think I've decided on names for the magic bands. Was wanting something fun. So, I came up with some cute names for the boys and just used my nickname for mine. LOL!!

Only 30 days from the start of the Universal portion of the trip. Can't wait!!!

Okay, so I ordered my Halloween costume. It's an Ursula dress. I was going to get some tights to wear. Then, my best friend reminded me how hot it is down there.

I think I decided not to wear one again :rotfl: Because of how hot it is I can't really convince Josh to wear one.

But if we were going to the same party I totally would wear my Ariel one. I'm disappointed we're not that would be the cutest picture.

Chris was talking to me and annoying me when he was taking the picture. LOL!!

Lol you look annoyed :rotfl:

She came up with this:

20806982_10211787475336526_536894416_o-png.261047

I love it!

I'll color it the same color as Ursula.

Now that's dedication to your costume :thumbsup2

Only 30 days from the start of the Universal portion of the trip. Can't wait!!!

:cheer2:

Following along too! Especially since I may be tagging along for the chocolate feast at Toothsome!
Yay!! Thanks for following along. Mostly it's just me rambling, but I'm having fun. LOL!!

the more the merrier. I just read your trip report and your like me. I plan, plan and plan obsessively...lol

Yay!! Thanks for following along. Mostly it's just me rambling, but I'm having fun. LOL!!

the more the merrier. I just read your trip report and your like me. I plan, plan and plan obsessively...lol
You're speaking to the choir! And like your son, I'm traveling with my sister who hasn't provided much input on the plan! Oh well, if she doesn't like it, she can go off and do her own thing!

Okay, so I almost had a brain fart yesterday. Like seriously I very nearly let it spill on where we were staying. Well, not me exactly, but my sister. I told her and she almost said it in front of Chris.

castle.gif

Luckily she caught on before spilling the secret. LOL!!

Chris has finally resigned himself to Doing the Frozen Sing along. I told him in no uncertain terms that he said he didn't care what we did when I was planning so he doesn't get to complain about it now. I'm perfectly fine going off on my own. LOL!!

Victory.gif

Now mind you, this is about my sister. She's younger than me, but I swear she should have been born first. I mentioned that I'm not going to rent an ECV for the Universal part of the trip. There are 2 reasons for this. 1. Universal isn't very ECV friendly and 2. We will have Express Passes. Which will dramatically cut down on our time waiting and standing in line.

You would have thought I said I wanted to kill a puppy.

nope.gif

Of course I told her we were buying the passes since Chris was in the room when I was talking to her. Chris reminded her that I know what I'm doing and that if he thought I needed it he would force me to get one. I'm almost afraid to say it, but my fibro hasn't been acting up lately. Of course a day at the parks can change that, but I will plow on. Chris rolled his eyes, which she did not see and probably wondered why I was laughing so much. LOL!

Oh and our Magicbands shipped yesterday! Hopefully they won't take the same route as my Ursula dress did. LOL!! So this is totally me today:

happy.jpg

I got my Halloween Ears from Disney. My no slip head bands are done for Universal and Disney. I'd ordered some of these from the same girl year back and still had a few, but my nieces took most of them. Since I want to have some for Universal this time. I love her because she doesn't charge shipping. Score. LOL!!

Totally random SPN gif because I'm watching this episode and love it to death...LOL!

don;t look at the camera.gif

That's all for today. I'll post pictures of everything when it comes in. I still have to put the skins on our magicbands when they get here also.

Just as I was finishing this, part of my order from the Disney Store came. I ordered the canvas tote bag and the shirts for the Universe of Energy and the GMR. Well, those are still processing, but the tote bag came today. It's kinda awesome and heavy duty. Not sure what I'm gonna use it for yet, but I'll figure something out. LOL!!

1. Universal isn't very ECV friendly and 2. We will have Express Passes. Which will dramatically cut down on our time waiting and standing in line.

Plus does she know you're onsite there too, and super close to the parks? It's definitely not as much walking as Disney. Hard Rock is definitely super close.

Chris reminded her that I know what I'm doing and that if he thought I needed it he would force me to get one. I'm almost afraid to say it, but my fibro hasn't been acting up lately.

I'm happy it hasn't been acting up lately! I think you know you're body best and if you're having problems you'll be able to do what you need to do.

Totally random SPN gif because I'm watching this episode and love it to death...LOL!

don-t-look-at-the-camera-gif.262739

I love it too :rotfl:

tumblr_inline_mwtpvyVnbB1qm9y0a.gif

Plus does she know you're onsite there too, and super close to the parks? It's definitely not as much walking as Disney. Hard Rock is definitely super close.

I'm happy it hasn't been acting up lately! I think you know you're body best and if you're having problems you'll be able to do what you need to do.

I love it too :rotfl:

View attachment 263057
LOL!! I think that's one of my favorite scenes from the episode. Of course it drives Chris nuts. LOL!!

Okay, so I got these to other day.

Universalheadbands.jpg Disneyheadbands.jpg

So, I got those from a lady that my friend recommended. Actually, I had bought from her 4 years ago. They hold up really well. I ordered 7 last time and my nieces took 5 of them. LOL!!

She does really good work and she's on Facebook. It's Lucyloopers if anyone is interested.

That's pretty much it for now. Just waiting for my Magicbands to come. I'm never a patient person, but I'm exceptionally inpatient when it comes to Disney related things. Last update is that they are somewhere in Illinois. Really? Just give me them already!!! LOL!

Okay, so I got these to other day.

View attachment 263410 View attachment 263411

So, I got those from a lady that my friend recommended. Actually, I had bought from her 4 years ago. They hold up really well. I ordered 7 last time and my nieces took 5 of them. LOL!!

She does really good work and she's on Facebook. It's Lucyloopers if anyone is interested.

That's pretty much it for now. Just waiting for my Magicbands to come. I'm never a patient person, but I'm exceptionally inpatient when it comes to Disney related things. Last update is that they are somewhere in Illinois. Really? Just give me them already!!! LOL!

My MBs came in on Saturday! I saw my mom carry in a rectangular package just as I was leaving, but I knew what it was so I grabbed it and ripped it open!

They look super nice

(How many are you giving away this time!)

Thanks!! I figure that they will end up with at least the Harry Potter ones. LOL!! Probably most of the Disney ones to. Of course, as the good Aunt, I can't say no. LOL!!

My MBs came in on Saturday! I saw my mom carry in a rectangular package just as I was leaving, but I knew what it was so I grabbed it and ripped it open!

It looks like mine will be here tomorrow. I signed up for text messages and it's showing that it left Birmingham and should be here tomorrow. Of course when I check the USPS website, it's showing Thursday. Not too worried about that one. Because the headbands were showing a delivery date of today, but were delivered Saturday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter