Plan with Me...A Debt Dumpers DECEMBER 2020 PTR

First, I found these at the grocery store this week! It's the first I've seen them in our area, and I was super excited to get a box!

20190808_103645.jpg

Help Me Think It Through?

As I've been planning out possibilities for the trip, I feel like I've hit a wall and I'm not sure which way to go with things (yes, I realize I have a LONG time before I have to make any decisions :rotfl2: ).

Here's the situation. We have decided we're doing 5 days, a Sunday through Thursday. We won't be making any park or dining plans on arrival or departure day. Micheal likes to keep those days relaxing.

That leaves us the 3 days in between. Since we're trying to keep this trip simpler, I'm bouncing between staying at a Value and doing 3 park days, or spending slightly more for dvc rental and doing 2 park days and a Disney Springs day.

We really do want to try a more relaxing trip because we are always go-go-go. I think the 2 park days/Disney Springs/deluxe villa will help us achieve this.

But I really hate less park time :sad:. Still, I am fairly certain that if I could ever just make myself slow down we would all enjoy it all the more.

So, anyone want to weigh in with pros and cons? I want to make sure I'm considering all sides. Keep in mind, we won't be doing Park Hoppers. If we do 2 park days we're leaning toward Epcot and MK for the Christmas offerings. Also doing a Christmas Party and Candlelight Processional dining package. Should I cut one of those extras and do Park Hopper tickets?

Another thing that bears mentioning is we plan to buy Dollywood season passes for 2020, and we'll be taking a few different long weekends through the year. So, we'll be getting ride time and park time there throughout the year...but it isn't Disney World!

So many decisions...

First, I found these at the grocery store this week! It's the first I've seen them in our area, and I was super excited to get a box!
If only they were as big as the real ones...

So, anyone want to weigh in with pros and cons? I want to make sure I'm considering all sides. Keep in mind, we won't be doing Park Hoppers. If we do 2 park days we're leaning toward Epcot and MK for the Christmas offerings. Also doing a Christmas Party and Candlelight Processional dining package. Should I cut one of those extras and do Park Hopper tickets?
Ok, I have a hard time slowing down and taking a relaxed pace. I guess I'm from the mindset that if I'm going to spend the money to go, I want to get as much out of the trip as I possibly can!

But I guess if I were to look at it as 2 park days with a Disney Springs day, I wouldn't do hoppers. I think EPCOT for Christmas around the World and Candlelight Processional is a good use of a day. I'd do MVMCP if you really want to see MK completely in Christmas mode... There would be the option of taking your Disney Springs day at a relaxed pace and then going to MVMCP that evening. You can get into MK at 4PM with the MVMCP ticket (not using a day on your park tickets) and stay till midnight, so there's 8 hours of MK time. Depending on what you want to do at MVMCP (Shows & characters vs. rides) you could almost make that your MK day. Then you'd have the second day of your park ticket to spend either more time in MK or even go to a different park.

So exciting! That's when I plan to go but I hate how it's so far away! If you do end up going with a DVC rental for such a short time I'd get one on the monorail since you mainly want to go to MK and Epcot. I know it's usually the DVC busy time from what I've read but still worth a shot IMO. It might help make things more relaxing than staying at POP. I don't get that vibe there.

Also definitely do the Christmas only offerings if you're going then if you had to pick between those and a park hopper. It could help the trip by being more unique with different experiences.

If only they were as big as the real ones...

Ok, I have a hard time slowing down and taking a relaxed pace. I guess I'm from the mindset that if I'm going to spend the money to go, I want to get as much out of the trip as I possibly can!

But I guess if I were to look at it as 2 park days with a Disney Springs day, I wouldn't do hoppers. I think EPCOT for Christmas around the World and Candlelight Processional is a good use of a day. I'd do MVMCP if you really want to see MK completely in Christmas mode... There would be the option of taking your Disney Springs day at a relaxed pace and then going to MVMCP that evening. You can get into MK at 4PM with the MVMCP ticket (not using a day on your park tickets) and stay till midnight, so there's 8 hours of MK time. Depending on what you want to do at MVMCP (Shows & characters vs. rides) you could almost make that your MK day. Then you'd have the second day of your park ticket to spend either more time in MK or even go to a different park.

Great idea about doing DS before the Christmas party. That's a good option! It's something to consider for sure.

So exciting! That's when I plan to go but I hate how it's so far away! If you do end up going with a DVC rental for such a short time I'd get one on the monorail since you mainly want to go to MK and Epcot. I know it's usually the DVC busy time from what I've read but still worth a shot IMO. It might help make things more relaxing than staying at POP. I don't get that vibe there.

Also definitely do the Christmas only offerings if you're going then if you had to pick between those and a park hopper. It could help the trip by being more unique with different experiences.

I like the idea of making it a "Christmas" trip. I feel like with a shorter trip I really need to have a narrow focus!

EXCITING UPDATES!!!

Two big things happened today!

We have officially paid off one of our two CC's!!! This makes me ridiculously happy!!!

Now, we are NOT down 30% of our total debt :sad: . This is because we had an unexpected large medical happening, and we had to pay for that. I'm not going to complain about "life" upsetting my plans, though, because the medical stuff all turned out well. Besides that, we still got to PAY OFF A CREDIT CARD!!!

And now for the other exciting thing for the day!

We booked a room at POP Century!!! We are officially booked for December 6-10, 2020.

Does it make anyone else giddy with excitement when you book your trip? Ok, that's probably a dumb question on this board! :rotfl2:

Micheal and I talked and he felt that he'd rather keep things simple. No renting DVC points and having to pay all up front, or locking in dates that can't typically be changed easily.

Add in the Skyliner access and renovated rooms, and I am happy with our decision.

So three cheers for a good day!!! :rockband::rainbow::jumping1::mickeyjum

Yay! That's all exciting things! I'm glad the life stuff turned out well but I get what you mean by it sometimes putting a damper on things. But hey a credit card is paid off!

:jumping1:

Yay! That's all exciting things! I'm glad the life stuff turned out well but I get what you mean by it sometimes putting a damper on things. But hey a credit card is paid off!

:jumping1:

Yes, having it paid off feels like a major victory!

Definitely 2 big wins there! Congratulations on both accomplishments!

Thanks!!!

Congrats on paying off one CC AND officially being booked for Dec 2020! :jumping1:

Hooray!!!

Hi. Just finished reading, and am now all caught up. Congrats on knocking down a chunk of your debt.

And congrats on Pop Century. I guess I came on a bit too late. I was going to recommend Port Orleans - Riverside. That is our refuge. No matter how groggy you are or how tight your joints are when you wake up, it all goes away as you take in the scenery, as you walk to the bus stop. Same at the end of the day when your feet are sore and your muscles ache. It all goes away.

If you decide to change resorts, I recommend POR. And it will help with you "think it through" issue. You can do both. 3 days at the park AND a Downtown Disney (I refuse to call it Disney Springs) day. POR has a door to door water cab that goes from both Port Orleans resorts to DTD. You check in. If the room is ready, great, if not, you and the kids take the water cab to DTD while the hubby just relaxes by the pool, or in the lounge. While you are shopping at the Christmas Store or the Pin Stop, etc..., he gets the room ready, gets on a later boat, and joins you guys for dinner. And if they do the drone light show again, you all can take that in. And if you guys are really lucky Yee Haw Bob will be playing in the lounge when you get home.

After a day when everyone has gone at a nice pace, you are acclimated to the weather and ready for 3 park days, then your departure day (which no one is ever ready for).

Hi. Just finished reading, and am now all caught up. Congrats on knocking down a chunk of your debt.

And congrats on Pop Century. I guess I came on a bit too late. I was going to recommend Port Orleans - Riverside. That is our refuge. No matter how groggy you are or how tight your joints are when you wake up, it all goes away as you take in the scenery, as you walk to the bus stop. Same at the end of the day when your feet are sore and your muscles ache. It all goes away.

If you decide to change resorts, I recommend POR. And it will help with you "think it through" issue. You can do both. 3 days at the park AND a Downtown Disney (I refuse to call it Disney Springs) day. POR has a door to door water cab that goes from both Port Orleans resorts to DTD. You check in. If the room is ready, great, if not, you and the kids take the water cab to DTD while the hubby just relaxes by the pool, or in the lounge. While you are shopping at the Christmas Store or the Pin Stop, etc..., he gets the room ready, gets on a later boat, and joins you guys for dinner. And if they do the drone light show again, you all can take that in. And if you guys are really lucky Yee Haw Bob will be playing in the lounge when you get home.

After a day when everyone has gone at a nice pace, you are acclimated to the weather and ready for 3 park days, then your departure day (which no one is ever ready for).

Thanks so much for reading! I am glad to have your input. We're still so far out, there is a good chance we could change our minds :rotfl2: . And honestly, discounts seem more likely than they did when I first started writing this PTR, so it might still be in the running!

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I've checked in, and honestly there's not much to say on the WDW front (it really is TOO far away 🤣🤣😢😭).

BUT! I thought I'd update on our debt dumping process. As of the payment I made today, we are officially down 36%!!! That leaves us with 64% to go. I am so happy about this progress. It's definitely a slow thing, paying off debt, and we continuously become discouraged about it all. But it's so worth it when we get to make a large payment and see some results, and I KNOW it will be worth it even more as things progress.

So, that's all for now. I've been anxiously awaiting December, when it'll officially be less than a year until our trip. :rotfl2: :earboy2: :mickeyjum

It’s always nice to get debt down! I looked at mine and all it gave me was a panicked feeling so avoiding that now lol. I know why is it so far way! I wish next December was a lot closer.

It’s always nice to get debt down! I looked at mine and all it gave me was a panicked feeling so avoiding that now lol. I know why is it so far way! I wish next December was a lot closer.

I wish it was closer too. I keep trying to make a closer trip work...but no dice so far. 🤪

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!