Planning 1 Day at DLP & Tickets During "MINI" period

ePink

Mouseketeer
Hello,

We are planning a one day visit to DLP (just one park) at the end of our Paris trip in the beginning of June. I would love some help and suggestions. We are trying to keep the costs low and surprise the kids at the end of our trip. They are 12 and 9. Our current plan is:

Sunday - stay in Paris
Monday - morning take RER (or to DLP then drop off bags at hotel
- go to Disneyland Park for the whole day (our kids can hang late)
Tuesday - bus/RER/train to CDG airport for 1pm flight

Questions:
- The Mini tickets for Monday look like a great deal. Do I need to buy them now or can I want until a week or so out?
- Any transportation recommendations?
- Is there an inexpensive hotel you recommend? It looks like you can stay on the east side and take the RER or the west side and you'll have to take a train?
- Would we be better staying in Paris and taking round trip transportation to Disney for the day?
- Is there anything I'm not thinking of??

Thank you so much!! Any help is appreciated!

Do you plan to stay onsite or offsite? You can save a lot offsite but the onsite hotels are all nicely themed and walking distance to the parks. If you stay onsite the entrance ticket will be included in the package cost so don't buy the tickets until you choose the hotel. Mini tickets are not a limited supply offer so you can buy them just a few days before the trip, just don't wait until you're at the gates.

We are staying at Newport Bay (3 nights)... when booking Disney Hotels (park tickets are included and I think even for one night you get park hopper)...or Partner Hotels I'm not sure if you can get the tickets included...

We booked a private car to take us from our hotel in Paris to DLP with Ezyshuttles... DH and I don't want to have to deal with our luggage and all on the train, plus you go straight to the hotel mean the quicker you get into the parks..... so this might work for you...

You could book the magical shuttle back to CDG. We went this route, I think it was in the 25 dollar range per person...

On a side note: Some friends stayed( last month) at Hotel Cheyenne (said the theming is really cute) for one night and said it was all that they needed, 2 beds( double) to sleep in and a place to take a hot shower... She said the room is small.... really small...but going in they expected it to be small, so they put all their clothes and bathroom needs in one of the carry-ons. So that they would only have to open 1 piece of luggage...and had everything that they would need for the flights home in their personal item, backpack for the kids packed and ready to go... they used Magical shuttle back to CDG...She said she was glad that they went with magical shuttle instead of the train... they had done the train on the way to DLP, they had to change trains, and dealing/keeping up with kids, luggage was overwhelming even though they were on one of the 1st trains and RER out that morning...it was super crowded.

Do you plan to stay onsite or offsite? You can save a lot offsite but the onsite hotels are all nicely themed and walking distance to the parks. If you stay onsite the entrance ticket will be included in the package cost so don't buy the tickets until you choose the hotel. Mini tickets are not a limited supply offer so you can buy them just a few days before the trip, just don't wait until you're at the gates.

We are going to stay offsite to save costs. Although if there is an inexpensive hotel onsite, I'd be open.

Thank you for the info on the Mini tickets! I will buy them a few days ahead of time. :)

If you book a Disney Hotel, you'll get park hopper tickets, including arrival and departure day, that's why I suggested a partner hotel. You can book these with or without tickets, that's why they would be a better deal in the case you'd only want to go to the parks one day
Yes - We are only doing one park for one day, so it doesn't seem work it for a Disney Hotel.

We are staying at Newport Bay (3 nights)... when booking Disney Hotels (park tickets are included and I think even for one night you get park hopper)...or Partner Hotels I'm not sure if you can get the tickets included...

We booked a private car to take us from our hotel in Paris to DLP with Ezyshuttles... DH and I don't want to have to deal with our luggage and all on the train, plus you go straight to the hotel mean the quicker you get into the parks..... so this might work for you...

You could book the magical shuttle back to CDG. We went this route, I think it was in the 25 dollar range per person...

On a side note: Some friends stayed( last month) at Hotel Cheyenne (said the theming is really cute) for one night and said it was all that they needed, 2 beds( double) to sleep in and a place to take a hot shower... She said the room is small.... really small...but going in they expected it to be small, so they put all their clothes and bathroom needs in one of the carry-ons. So that they would only have to open 1 piece of luggage...and had everything that they would need for the flights home in their personal item, backpack for the kids packed and ready to go... they used Magical shuttle back to CDG...She said she was glad that they went with magical shuttle instead of the train... they had done the train on the way to DLP, they had to change trains, and dealing/keeping up with kids, luggage was overwhelming even though they were on one of the 1st trains and RER out that morning...it was super crowded.

Thank you for the transportation help! I will look into a private car and the magical shuttle. I know there is a fast train to CDG as well but it looked pricey. Good feedback on the RER with luggage too!! I was considering it, but now I'm leaning toward a different plan! Super helpful!

Is there a particular reason not to wait until you're at the gate? If you buy one online do I need to have a printout, or would confirmation on my phone be ok?

I'm doing a 1-morning 1.5 weeks before my actual stay to be able to ride Hyperspace Mountain before the refurb, as well as see Princess/Pirate show, so I will get a Mini 1-day 1-park ticket. I would prefer to just get to the parks early that day and buy a ticket the day-of, just in case something changes in the Paris/family portion of my trip and I can't sneak away to DLP for a morning! If I need print-out though I'd need to buy a week in advance when I'm still at home and have access to a printer.

I think Mini tickets can be bough only in advance, not on the day. But I might be wrong, to be sure try to buy a ticket for today and see if you can.
For sure you cannot buy them at the gate: they sell only supermagic tickets.

I think Mini tickets can be bough only in advance, not on the day. But I might be wrong, to be sure try to buy a ticket for today and see if you can.
For sure you cannot buy them at the gate: they sell only supermagic tickets.
Ah, ok. Well, I guess I'll just get the ticket before I leave! To activate it, can it be done right at the turnstiles with a printout?

Ah, ok. Well, I guess I'll just get the ticket before I leave! To activate it, can it be done right at the turnstiles with a printout?

You can go to the turnstile with the ticket printed out.
At Disneyland or Shanghai when you use an e-ticket at the gate they'll give you a "real" ticket. Not at DLP: you will continue to use your printour all day to get fastpasses or hop from one park to the other. I suggest to print a second copy, in case the first one is lost or becames unreadable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!