Planning a "Re-do" of the "Re-do Vacation" - And we are bad role models.

mamamac

Mouseketeer
Here I go again. We were less than a month from leaving and I was tackled by my 3 year old with a bear hug around the legs. Down I went with a completely torn meniscus and a partial ACL tear. Needless to say, Disney isn't happening in March. But we will be there in May with an even better reason!!

We have completely rescheduled EVERYTHING, from where we are staying to where we are eating. We are doing Disney for the first time on a resort as a family. And WOW I had NO idea how difficult it would be to pick a resort. I think there should be some type of software where you can enter your needs and then it tells you which one to do and doesn't give you any other choice. I hate making decisions because I will constantly question myself.

I guess you may want to meet us...
I am Sarah, the one with the bum knee, and I love Disney. I never went as a child, but since I have become an adult I have been there 3 different times. I enjoy doing the planning. I am organized, but not down to the minute of where we need to be.

My dh, Chris, usually just goes with the flow. He is not much of a planner, but he does appreciate all my hardwork that I put into Disney. He is a closet thrill seeker that loves all those fast, spinning rides that I can't even watch. Thank goodness for the "singles line".

Elise, is our (gasp) almost 5 year old. She will be 5 for the trip and is a girly girl. She loves Princesses and especially Tinkerbell. She still talks about her when we were there last year.

Claire, our 3 1/2 year old, aka The Bear, is full of energy. She is non-stop and is madly in love with anything "Cars" related. She has Lightning McQueen sheets, pillow, underwear (yes boys). She loves to say "kachow" when she runs around. And yes she is the one that attacked me with her bear hug.

Here is a family photo from last May

Many people have asked me "Why are you going again?" Well if you look in my below my name in my siggy you will see that we were there in May of 2009. The trip was very, very, very wet. I never want to see another poncho in my life. You should read the trip report because it just wasn't the rain...it was a broken foot, traveling with the in-laws, a trip to the ER, a trip to the Urgent Care, stolen shoes from the beach...I think you see why we are re-doing our trip.

Oh and yes I did purchase the insurance this time!

I almost forgot...this is a surprise to the girls. We plan on telling them when we leave to go to the airport! I cannot wait to see their expressions!!

Wilderness Lodge will be our home for the week. It was so hard to chose, especially because I wanted the convenience of the monorail, but the Contemporary just seemed a little to "hotelish" for me. We were able to get a woods view, so hopefully we will have a nice view.

And thanks to this board, I called Disney and found out I had a pin code for 40% off my room. So after adding everything up with parkhoppers, dining plans, no dining plan, no parkhopper, off resort, on resort, rental car or no rental car, this actually was cheaper and more for the money than the $750 gift card. I'm sure that's not the case for everyone, but it definitely was for us. So big score on the price tag!

I also chose WL because of the balcony. It would be nice to sit out there while the kids are resting. They also seem to have more "kid friendly" activities than the Contemporary.

As for the rest of our stay...

Arrival Day - Day 1.
We will probably get to the resort around 5pmish. Not really sure what we are going to do, but probably just hang out, tour the lodge, swim, maybe go to DTD. I need to figure out our dinner plan...

Day 2
Start our day at Magic Kingdom with early reservations to my all time favorite Character Meal at Crystal Palace. I just love the atmosphere there.
I plan on using a snack credit for lunch and then maybe a counter service back at the lodge. We will just see how things go because that's how I am, LOL!

Day 3
Disney Hollywood Studios
Breakfast will be in our room, lunch will be a counter service, and dinner is at Chef Mickeys. I really hope it's not as loud as what some people say. I thought the Hollywood and Vine was very loud. We will probably go back to MK after dinner for Spectro and Wishes.

Day 4
Back to Magic Kingdom.
Breakfast will be in our room again, lunch will be a counter service and dinner will be at CRT. Somewhere I never thought we would go because of the price tag, but thanks to the dining plan, it will all work out. I am excited that all the Princesses will be there.

Day 5
Epcot
Breakfast will be at O'hanas. I have never been there, so I have no idea what to expect. Lunch will be a snack credit and dinner will be some where. LOL. I still need to figure out where a good counter service will be.

Day 6 - The departure day, but we don't leave till dinner time
Magic Kingdom
Breakfast will be in our room, lunch will be a counter service, and dinner at the airport.

Still have some work to do with the meals, but I got all the character meals reserved which is the big thing.

Hi Sarah, by the sounds of it you are in DEFINITE need of a "re-do" WDW vacation!! The picture of you and your family is so adorable! Crystal Palace breakfast is one of my favorite character meals too! This time around we are trying Donald's Safari Breakfast, I hope it will be as good as CP!! We will just miss you by a few days, we check-out on May 1st! Looking forward to more of your report!!:goodvibes
~Beth

My husband I will also be celebrating our 8th Wedding Anniversary. I want to do something special for him and I am looking for ideas. I am thinking of trying to get a gift basket or something delivered. I saw the Disney Florist baskets and I found some ideas, but I wonder if there is somewhere cheaper that can deliver. I also wouldn't mind getting one for the kids too.

Since we were suppose to leave on the 28th, I had all my lists done for what to pack. I guess the other plus thing (see always thinking of the positives) is that we won't have to bring all the pants and long sleeves like we needed to. Now that we are going in May the weather will be warmer and I will only throw in one pair of pants and a light jacket for the girls. Oh I have visions of extra space in the suitcase.

I had a two new shirts made from an Etsy store along with two Minnie Outfits that are just way too cute.

I also made a Cars and Tinkerbell pillowcase dress. It was my first attempt but they turned out pretty cute. Here is Claire in hers before I hemmed it.

I also made two Tinkerbell pillowcase shirts.

The other plus side of staying on resort and not needing a car is that we don't have to lug two carseats around :woohoo: That's a blessing itself!

We still have our Peg Perego Pliko stroller that we will be bringing. It fits perfect in our travel golf bag with room to spare.

And food...here's another one of those decisions...do I pack small breakfast food? Do I use the Garden Grocer? Do I just waste my money on bottled water at the resort? I am sorry but Florida water makes me want to yak!
I know for sure that I would need milk, juice, and water.

Got it. I have our first day all figured out.

We arrive in Orlando around 3:30pm and if all goes well we should be at our resort by 5pm. Once we check in, settle down into our room, and unpack we will head down to the Whispering Canyon Cafe for dinner at 6:15.

Once dinner is complete we will head out to the pool and enjoy some swim time to wear our girls. Then off to dream land we will go to start Day 2.

Ahh...another day of lying to the kids. What kind of role model are we??

Like I said earlier, our little girls have NO CLUE about this vacation. We plan on telling them on our way to the airport when they think they are going to school. So today I pick them up from school, all is going well, you can tell they are tired, and then my little one asks in her squealing whiny voice, "Mommy, when are we going to Disney? I want to go right now!"

I answered with "I don't know. Some day. It takes a lot of planning and lots of money."

This was followed by a temper tantrum right there in the car. And I didn't even feel bad about lying to them. :)

Hi Sarah,

I will be there at the same time, May 1-9. Maybe we'll see each other!

Whoo Hooo!!! We received a little package in the mail today that has the planning DVD. My girls have watched it 2 times and keep asking when we can go! I was even offered a piggy bank to help with the costs.

And as for a special dinner for my dh and I, my cousin is able to come over so we can go out for our anniversary. I am keeping this a surprise as well and am thinking of California Grill or Kona. He loves sushi (I do not), so if anyone has any suggestions, let me know.

I also am now planning on taking our kid size areo bed. After sharing a king with my dd4 the other night, there is no way I am going to survive a week in a queen.

Well I had my surgery this past Monday and I am very happy that we did not try to go this week. 1. The weather isn't all that and 2. I would have never made it. Now I have 60 days to get this leg back in shape and ready to do some walking.

While I have been off work and hanging out at home I found out that our really good friends are going to WDW at the same time! We actually are leaving on the same flight on the way down there. I am super excited!! They are staying off resort and are trying to make a few of the same ADR's with us. I also talked them into going out for our anniversary together!

60 more days and counting...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter