Planning a trip for January 2019!

DisneyMama1985

Earning My Ears
Hello all! I'm a veteran visitor to WDW, but am currently planning my family's FIRST trip to Disneyland! It's driving me nuts how they don't have official hours posted until 4-8 weeks before. However, I found on the park hours page here that the January 2019 hours are "official". We are going the last week and the hours they have listed seem really late to me. Looking at last year, DL and DCA were both only open until 9 or 10 at the latest. Yet, the hours posted for this coming January say DL is open until 11 and DCA 10 most nights we are there. Is this correct? AND, is there a reason why the parks are staying open later? I've searched everywhere to see if there's some special event going on, but I can't find anything. Any help would be appreciated!

Are you looking at some weekend days (Fri-Sun) ? That could account for the difference. When I was there this last January, it was definitely some "early" closings (like 9 or so).

I am waiting for the office times on the Disney app or website.. but I am making the assumption it will be like previous years of closing at 8 or 9 during the week. Honestly, I am hoping for it. I do not want late nights going with a 6 year old.

I have noticed they have been releasing a new day of hours each day for the last couple days.

Thanks, guys! I'll wait for the official times. I'm hoping the park isn't open super late as we also have a 4 year old and a 2 year old. One thing I saw yesterday is that California Adventure is doing a special event for the Lunar New Year and it starts January 25 (the week we are going...). So maybe the parks will be open later?

I dont think so as that includes just special food, characters (from Mulan) and a daytime parade. They have done it for a few years that I know of so we would probably see the later times from the past years. I am going that week too! Can't wait. The food sounds amazing, and Mulan is a top 3 fav of mine:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!