Planning and Getting Around the Area

B-rad

Earning My Ears
My wife and I have a trip coming up in early-October, and while I've looked a Google maps, I figure it might be safer to ask someone about getting around the area. We in one of the hotels at the southern end of Harbor before Katella, and we will have a rental car. Just us, and no kids.

We have a breakfast reservation at Steakhouse 55 at 7am one morning. Would it probably be easier to drive to DLH that early? It looks like a bit of a hike (2miles via Katella/less via the esplanade), but we wouldn't have to go drop the car off before heading to the parks if we did. I'm not sure how long we'll be at breakfast, but is making it to RD conceivable either way? Not sure if the construction effects these routes either.

Also, we have a Monday brunch planned at Storytellers Cafe at 12:30ish. Can we exit from DCA to the hotel or do we have to exit at the gates and walk around? Is one route quicker than the others? I assume we have to re-enter through the main gates since we're not GCH guests.

TYA for any advice.

You can exit thorough dcA. You can also re-enter there if you want to go to dca. After the morning rush it’s open to all guests.

You can only stay parked at the DLH for 5 hours free with validation from S55. So you will have to move the car or pay $12/hr to keep it parked there all day. The maximum daily fee is $48, I think.

I would recommend an Uber/Lift for that morning.

If rope drop is at 9am, you will make it. If it's at 8am, you won't . S55 breakfast takes about 90 min. It's not a rush rush kind of breakfast place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter