Planning April 2020 Trip- No idea where to start!

SommerSunshine

Earning My Ears
I need some serious help.

I am planning a trip to TDR in April 2020. I will flying over from the US with my two sons (13 and 8) to meet my husband who has been working in Korea for several months. We plan to spend a week and a half in Korea and 5-6 days in Tokyo.

We would like to do 3 days/4 nights TDR and a couple days to see Mount Fuji.

I just really don't know where to start! Did any particular websites or travel books help that you could recommend?

I am looking at staying at either the Toyko Disneyland Hotel or the Tokyo Celebration Hotel. Our dates are roughly flexible though we are working around the kiddos Spring Break. I have not booked flights yet, but would like to do this within the next 2 weeks.

Thanks for any tips you are willing to give to put me in the right direction!

If your dates are somewhat flexible, I would keep in mind that the new Disneyland expansion is opening April 15th, so plan around if you want to see those attractions or avoid those crowds. Additionally, Golden Week holidays are right at the end of April/beginning of May so make sure you avoid those days to avoid crowds.

Beyond that, TDR Explorer and Disney Tourist Blog were instrumental in my own planning. They have pretty comprehensive guides to beginning your plans.

I to am planning for next year... not until November2020

I did research Golden Week, is April 28th through May 6th 2020 ... this is a long Holiday period so I would miss this week for sure... We thought about this for our anniversary, and changed our minds with Golden Week falling during that time...

As well have you checked out the Partner hotels such as Hilton Tokyo Bay, Sheraton Tokyo Bay, there a couple of more, that are on the monorail line... and the cost would more than likely alot less, and you would get more room... from what I have read, the rooms are super small even smaller than the values at WDW... so with 2 boys and luggage I personally would like a bit more room, to be able to spread out some...

From what I have learned Tokyo is very spread out, so some type of rail pass will be needed to get around, there is Sucia and Passmo, as well if you plan on traveling away from the city there is the JR pass, this is for tourist only... and has to be ordered ahead of time...

Check out HaleyR.. trip report and Vlog, bibbitybobbityBeckys trip report, You can also look at my rough draft, to see where we are thinking about seeing, and doing and of course just ask questions here everyone is really nice, and will share what they know.

I to am planning for next year... not until November2020

I did research Golden Week, is April 28th through May 6th 2020 ... this is a long Holiday period so I would miss this week for sure... We thought about this for our anniversary, and changed our minds with Golden Week falling during that time...

As well have you checked out the Partner hotels such as Hilton Tokyo Bay, Sheraton Tokyo Bay, there a couple of more, that are on the monorail line... and the cost would more than likely alot less, and you would get more room... from what I have read, the rooms are super small even smaller than the values at WDW... so with 2 boys and luggage I personally would like a bit more room, to be able to spread out some...

From what I have learned Tokyo is very spread out, so some type of rail pass will be needed to get around, there is Sucia and Passmo, as well if you plan on traveling away from the city there is the JR pass, this is for tourist only... and has to be ordered ahead of time...

Check out HaleyR.. trip report and Vlog, bibbitybobbityBeckys trip report, You can also look at my rough draft, to see where we are thinking about seeing, and doing and of course just ask questions here everyone is really nice, and will share what they know.

The rooms at Mira costa and Disney hotel are very large. Not sure about celebration though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!