Planning for 2019

It is so hard to plan so far out. I keep going back and forth trying to figure out simple dates for this trip.

This will be our first Disney Vacation and I am trying to go the less crowded if possible, but still warm enough for my kids to enjoy pool.

Late May/early June is a great time to go. Many of the schools are not out yet so it is not as crowded as later in the summer and it might not be quite as hot. Also, there are sometimes discounts on rooms at that time too.

Late May/early June is a great time to go. Many of the schools are not out yet so it is not as crowded as later in the summer and it might not be quite as hot. Also, there are sometimes discounts on rooms at that time too.

I will look into that about the discounts on rooms. As for now, we have decided to stay offsite to save some money.

I've started saving, and making the outlines of a plan for a May 2019 trip. We're coming from Canada, and my daughters will be 13 (turning 14 at Disney), and 11. We were last in Disney in September 2015 (kids were 8 & 10). I'm excited to be going with older kids, who will have more stamina, and be able to do more late nights. Last time around, my 8 year-old was really upset with the kids menu. She was an adventurous eater, and she got really sick of the endless chicken fingers. She is very excited for the adult menu.

Last time around, I tried to get the girls excited by involving them in the trip planning, and making it a family challenge to watch all the Disney theatrical releases ever before we went on the trip. They didn't really get why I was doing it. This time around, they get it, and both want to plan, and learn as much Disney as they can before the trip.

Oh, I'm gonna bring my husband too.

Trip Details:
- I'm looking at 8 nights, 7 days in the park, early May 2019. Hoping this is before Galaxy's Edge opens, which may dampen crowds, even a little bit.
- We stayed at POR last time, in the Bayou section. My girls really want to stay in the mansions, their second choice is POFQ. They may be tween-teenaged, but they'd still love a Royal Room. I have a hard time justifying paying for cosmetic upgrades only when it's the same resort, and the same room, same layout, same resort.
- I'm getting the dining plan. I don't want to have to sit there and try to calculate the exchange rate every time I want to eat something. With 2 snacks now, and alcoholic bevvies included in the mid-level plan, I can't see us pulling out our credit cards for food ever. I will likely use Amazon to keep some fruit in the room.
- I'm thinking about using a travel agent, to help us stack as many discounts as possible, BUT I'd like to be in charge of our own Fast Passes and ADRs.
- Yup, that's gonna be pricey. I keep toying with the idea of booking a deluxe resort. But, uh, no. Like, I just can't imagine that it's like DOUBLE as good as Port Orleans.

I've started saving, and making the outlines of a plan for a May 2019 trip. We're coming from Canada, and my daughters will be 13 (turning 14 at Disney), and 11. We were last in Disney in September 2015 (kids were 8 & 10). I'm excited to be going with older kids, who will have more stamina, and be able to do more late nights. Last time around, my 8 year-old was really upset with the kids menu. She was an adventurous eater, and she got really sick of the endless chicken fingers. She is very excited for the adult menu.

Last time around, I tried to get the girls excited by involving them in the trip planning, and making it a family challenge to watch all the Disney theatrical releases ever before we went on the trip. They didn't really get why I was doing it. This time around, they get it, and both want to plan, and learn as much Disney as they can before the trip.

Oh, I'm gonna bring my husband too.

Trip Details:
- I'm looking at 8 nights, 7 days in the park, early May 2019. Hoping this is before Galaxy's Edge opens, which may dampen crowds, even a little bit.
- We stayed at POR last time, in the Bayou section. My girls really want to stay in the mansions, their second choice is POFQ. They may be tween-teenaged, but they'd still love a Royal Room. I have a hard time justifying paying for cosmetic upgrades only when it's the same resort, and the same room, same layout, same resort.
- I'm getting the dining plan. I don't want to have to sit there and try to calculate the exchange rate every time I want to eat something. With 2 snacks now, and alcoholic bevvies included in the mid-level plan, I can't see us pulling out our credit cards for food ever. I will likely use Amazon to keep some fruit in the room.
- I'm thinking about using a travel agent, to help us stack as many discounts as possible, BUT I'd like to be in charge of our own Fast Passes and ADRs.
- Yup, that's gonna be pricey. I keep toying with the idea of booking a deluxe resort. But, uh, no. Like, I just can't imagine that it's like DOUBLE as good as Port Orleans.

Hi! I think you will indeed enjoy visiting the parks with older children, especially if your preteen and teenage daughters are night owls like my kids. We enjoy taking advantage of the late nights. The parks tend to be less crowded as the evening progresses and the weather is cooler during the summer nights.

We, have stayed at three of the mods and enjoy them. Right now, I just cannot justify the cost to my family's budget to move to a deluxe. Sure, it would be great but we like the mods and they definitely fit our budget better.

I, totally understand how having the dining plan will be a good fit for you and your family, especially not having to calculate the exchange rates while on vacation. I have not decided yet what I plan to do about dining. Right now, I think we will pay out of pocket since we will not be taking advantage of the alcohol beverages on the plan. I think I will just use my magic band/Disney credit card or buy a Disney gift card and preload it with money so that it is already paid for ahead of time. I enjoy looking through the menus as part of my planning/waiting for my trip to arrive. So, I can get an estimate on how much we will spend on food ahead of time. Then I will plan for about that amount. I will have the convenience and also the idea that I do not have to read the menus and price out the options with each meal while I am there. I can just pick what we want to eat.

Oh gosh I hope so!!! I've been wanting to go in Jan 2019, right before my girls turn 10!!! We always do the Dining Plan and there is a HUGE increase in price when they turn adult in Disney's eyes.

We were going through some boxes the other night and hubby came accross a half filled pressed penny book. He said "why not give this to the girls since we'll be going back"....... wait what did he say?!?!? Maybe he is on board with us going again!!..... so now I can't stop obsessing about it!!! :-)

Our savings has been obliterated since this post. I'm still hoping....... but not looking good. :-(

We are hoping to go back for Christmas season 2019 . We've stayed at value resorts before hopefully going to try a Moderate resort was even thinking about using Daivids DVC. We have never used them .

Our savings has been obliterated since this post. I'm still hoping....... but not looking good. :-(

Ugg!! :crazy2:I know how that feels. :hug: Just when I think it just might work out to take a trip something comes up and I feel that as a responsible adult, I have to set aside my plans for a trip to Disney. :crutches: It has happened at least two times sine my last trip in 2014. Here's to some:tink: pixie dust I hope floats your way and mine!
:wave2:

We are hoping to go back for Christmas season 2019 . We've stayed at value resorts before hopefully going to try a Moderate resort was even thinking about using Daivids DVC. We have never used them .

I have also thought about renting points and staying at a DVC resort. I just can't commit to it due to being hesitant about relying on someone else to set up the rental agreement and the long length of time you have to commit to it ahead of time since you have to pay for it way in advance.

I'm hopeful again! A much larger than expected bonus came my way today!! My first thought was Disney!!! My second thought was we should use this to start building up the savings again.... :confused3 Ohhhh I really want to go!!!

We are headed home the first week of June 2019! We can't wait. This will be our first time renting DVC points.

Hello all,

We have a trip planned for July 2019 off site. We can't wait. I have already started making plans.

We’ll be there in July of next year as well, excited to start planning already! I’d love to stay onsite but it looks like we’ll be doing off site instead as well. Looking to add Universal Studios as well, my oldest loves HP and we’d love to surprise her with a visit to the parks. It will be our first time with kids to US so I feel like I need to start planning for that already, there’s so much to do there as well and I don’t feel like we will have time to do and see it all :worried:

I wanted to know: Do you think Disney will still offer the "perks" at Disney Spring next year2019? When I researched everything states 12/31/2018.
60FP and EMH

Hello all,

Anyone else planning for Disney World 2019? I tried to look for a thread and didn't see one yet.

Alot has changed for me... I was last obsessed with going to Disney World in 2015 and it didn't work out. I stopped Disney Dreaming and let life take over. Now my boyfriend and I are considering going to DisneyWorld in 2019 after we pay off some debt, his girls will be older and it will be before his oldest turns into a "Disney Adult" (10 years old).

We are looking at summer 2019 and will invite alot of our friends/family. Hopefully it all works out.
I’m in on the 2019 gang! Last visit was 2009 so it will be a decade since returning ! Sooo many things have changed! It’s a bit overwhelming but I’m sure I will find all the help I need here ! We are planning to go June 2019 to celebrate our son’s 18th birthday and graduation !! Last time I used tour guide mike but I see that’s not an option anymore. I’m in the process of picking a resort. Ahhh!!!

I’m in on the 2019 gang! Last visit was 2009 so it will be a decade since returning ! Sooo many things have changed! It’s a bit overwhelming but I’m sure I will find all the help I need here ! We are planning to go June 2019 to celebrate our son’s 18th birthday and graduation !! Last time I used tour guide mike but I see that’s not an option anymore. I’m in the process of picking a resort. Ahhh!!!

THIS! We last went in 2009 with our boys (now grown). Our princess came along a few years later, so now it's her turn!

Going in early Feb 2019, 2 days at the parks and then a Disney cruise. I'm overwhelmed with how much has changed in 10 years!

Plan for now:
2/5: arrive, dinner, settle
2/6: MK
2/7: AK
2/8: either Epcot or resort day
2/9: cruise!

We're definitely not the "run all day" types, and our DD isn't into thrill rides. So, more of a casual approach of see what comes along. Can't decide if we should do Epcot or not!

Anyway, glad to find this thread! 2019 isn't so far away!! :)

For you two that last went in 2009 please know things are ALOT different!!! And by that I mean the CROWDS are a lot different. Just be aware and plan accordingly!!!

I was shocked at the crowd difference between our visits.

For you two that last went in 2009 please know things are ALOT different!!! And by that I mean the CROWDS are a lot different. Just be aware and plan accordingly!!!

I was shocked at the crowd difference between our visits.

That's what I'm gathering from reading all of this! Holy cow. Thanks for the tip - certainly going to have to approach this trip a bit differently.....:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!