Planning January trip to Disneyland Paris

DisneyPrincess88

Earning My Ears
Hi!
My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Disneyland Paris in January. We would be staying in Paris with no kids. I had a few questions you may know the answer to! ;)

1. First week of January -I saw it's a little cold. Is it too cold to enjoy the park? Are the crowds a little less?

2. I see the "Disneyland Express" leaves relatively early (8:00 PM) http://disneylandparis-express.com/

Would we miss out on fireworks etc?

( I'm trying to convince my boyfriend metro is way to go, I have been to Paris but my boyfriend has not and he is worried about taking the metro.)

Thank you for your thoughts :)

We went around about the 11th of January before and it was freezing but once you layered up it was still enjoyable. The park was really quiet as well that week so most rides were 5-10 minutes wait. Plus there was still Christmas decorations up that week.

Awesome. Thank you both so much. We are from Chicago so we have lots of warm stuff to wear, so maybe winter coats? :scratchin
That would be amazing if the holiday stuff was still up! :earsgirl::earsboy: Thanks for the idea on the wait times.
We are planning on just going to Disneyland for one day and mostly exploring Paris. I hope we will get to see everything we want to see in Disneyland. :figment: Any suggestions on must dos or any dining reservations or tours ?

Awesome. Thank you both so much. We are from Chicago so we have lots of warm stuff to wear, so maybe winter coats? :scratchin
That would be amazing if the holiday stuff was still up! :earsgirl::earsboy: Thanks for the idea on the wait times.
We are planning on just going to Disneyland for one day and mostly exploring Paris. I hope we will get to see everything we want to see in Disneyland. :figment: Any suggestions on must dos or any dining reservations or tours ?

I would try the stuff that Paris has that the American parks doesn't first like Ratatouille ride, crushes coaster if you're into thrill rides.

Restaurants I would suggest Bistro Chez Remy the food and theme is great but if you only have one day it might be better to go with counter service because it took us 2 hours there to get all three courses! :rolleyes:

Hi!! You have to take the RER from Paris, it may take between 45 min to 1.5h depending on where in Paris you are. About restaurants what would you like more? The Inventions is super nice with the best food ever (buffet) and with characters (like 70€ pp) Chez Remy is really nice too, french food and nice ambientation. (45€ aprox) the lucky nugget its a nice place and you can eat burger menu for about 23€. Agrabah is buffet with arabic food (cous cous, falafel.. that stuff)..

I think they only have one tour and its only in french for the hollywood tower.

RER is the way to go if you want to use public transport. I remember leaving really early and not getting to enjoy the night stuff. This was many years ago, though. I'd check the times to see what works. Maybe get a hotel room at the park for the night so you can take advantage of more. We didn't simply because we were broke college kids at the time. Our transportation passes didn't even cover getting to the parks as it was outside of our "zone". We managed to get by without having to purchase the upgrade :)

One thing about the first week of January, next year most schools will still be off (Christmas holidays are from 23 December to 7 January) so it could be very very busy. Better if you can go after the 8th when school is back (though the Christmas season will be over, so they will start taking the decorations down)

Awesome. Thank you for the advice.

Unfortunately, we work in schools so we have to go during that week (or spring or summer). A hotel room is a great idea!

That is good to know about the tours - I don't speak French so one tour is out! :( I am definitely going to look into the second one but want to make sure I have enough time to experience all the rides! :dumbo:

Chez Remey sounds interesting. We hope to experience as much French food as possible! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter