Planning October trip

magchavez

DIS Veteran
Our school district just added a fall break to next years school calendar. As soon as I told my husband, he said "Should we go to you know where?". Of course, I said Yes! I listened to last week's podcast and you were talking about how busy October is getting - especially around Columbus Day. We were considering going the following week - October 21 thru October 26. Does anyone know what the crowds might be like that week? Is it going to be 'stupid crowded'? Or would it be manageable? Any ideas???

We went in October two years ago and the crowds were not bad at all, it was still very warm during that time. We went In Sept last year and I would say the same crowd levels. This year we are going during our kids fall break October 11-19 they will still miss 4 days of school because fall break is on Friday and Monday of the week..You will have a blast and make sure to purchase tickets for the Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party...Its so worth it..:thumbsup2

Thanks for the input. I'm going to book the trip this week and Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party is definitely on our list! I am so excited to go back! If only it weren't 10 months away.

We have visited in October for the past 3 years. Although, it has definitely gotten busier, the crowds are still very manageable. Have a great trip!

Thanks for this post! We are in the process of planning our next trip that last week of October, too. I had also been wondering about the crowd levels as a first time October visitor! So glad to hear they won't be *too* bad! :) :) See you there~!! :yay:

It's one of my favorite times to visit as the parks aren't too crowded, but the weather is still really nice. Plus, there's Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!

We are going for our first trip in Oct as well, we are trying to decide whether to go 21 - 28 or 28 - 4 Nov. Any suggestions which is better? We are having one week at Disney and then the other by the beach. Flights booked so we just need to decide which way around we want it and book our accommodation etc. I think we are leaning for the first week at Disney as the place we are staying at by the beach is about 2 hours from the airport and we can use the last week to casually drive there and back at our own pace.

Kirsten

We experienced MNSSHP for the 1st time in 10/06 and we had an unbelievably great time. This was a very breif trip being it was fall break for DS but we did things we had never done before. The weather was fantastic. Cool at night and in the low 80's during the day but no yucky humidity.

I have to say, I was looking forward mostly to seeing the Headless Horseman and the Boo Too You Parade. They didn't disapoint! Go! Go! Go!

OMG we had such a GREAT time at MNSSHP! We went for the first time this past October and can't wait to go again! It was so much fun!! Definitely go!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter