Planning on Purchasing Reflections

No, our AKV are enough for us. We like to do things other than go to Disney. I don't think any points are "special" enough to pay what Disney is charging for them, or will be once Reflection goes on sale. They'll probably want to charge some outrageous figure by then.

I was 100% interested in reflections......until the resale restrictions were announced. That and the cabins have changed my minds.
This is my biggest thing like who's actively going to say to themselves that yes I want to buy 100 points that I can only use at a single location they have pretty much ruined the resale value but also the regular value. May just end up adding direct at somewhere else and booking at the 7 month window if I have.

This is my biggest thing like who's actively going to say to themselves that yes I want to buy 100 points that I can only use at a single location they have pretty much ruined the resale value but also the regular value. May just end up adding direct at somewhere else and booking at the 7 month window if I have.
I’m young enough that maybe I could get a full 50 years out of points, but I do have some health issues. And you never know what will happen. I would like to know that if something happens I’ll be able to unload the contract and not lose my shirt, especially if it happens not long after the purchase.

I was interested when it was first announced. However, Disney's combination of continually raising the price per point along with requiring more points per night has really put me off. If I'm lucky I'll be able to use my 25 points from BWV to stay one night in a studio some day.

I’m young enough that maybe I could get a full 50 years out of points, but I do have some health issues. And you never know what will happen. I would like to know that if something happens I’ll be able to unload the contract and not lose my shirt, especially if it happens not long after the purchase.
That's the thing with the current climate and constant uncertainty you never know and I don't want to wrap myself up in a contract and then something happen and I'm not able to sell it without having to offer all kinds of crazy things because people with common sense realize that they won't get any real value like the original owner did.

I'm interested in Reflections. I was turned off from Riviera due to the restrictions, but then I looked at it closer and I think it was more than just the restrictions. It looks beautiful, but I don't think it's my style and I wasn't jazzed about the location. More my style and location was the Poly and that's where I ended up. Looking at where this one will be, I think I'll love the location and the theme looks nice too.

That and I bought resale the first time, so if I can get a 100 point contract in a couple years and the price is right, I'll give it a look.

I guess I am just saying there are so many factors involved, but I am interested at least.

I'm interested in Reflections. I was turned off from Riviera due to the restrictions, but then I looked at it closer and I think it was more than just the restrictions. It looks beautiful, but I don't think it's my style and I wasn't jazzed about the location. More my style and location was the Poly and that's where I ended up. Looking at where this one will be, I think I'll love the location and the theme looks nice too.

That and I bought resale the first time, so if I can get a 100 point contract in a couple years and the price is right, I'll give it a look.

I guess I am just saying there are so many factors involved, but I am interested at least.
I think we're in the same boat we plan to buy resale first and then when reflections opens as it currently stands if Disney hadn't added the resale restrictions I would be calling asking to be put on some kind of informal wait list for when they officially start selling points.

I think we're in the same boat we plan to buy resale first and then when reflections opens as it currently stands if Disney hadn't added the resale restrictions I would be calling asking to be put on some kind of informal wait list for when they officially start selling points.

If they don't rescind the restrictions for Riviera, I think they will just continue with that practice unfortunately. I can get passed the resale restrictions with a second contract. If something really catastrophic happened and I needed to sell DVC after depleting all other savings, I would have one that I could sell that has kept its value. I also look at the initial cost paid to buy the contract as somewhat of a sunk cost more than an investment.

If it's not exclusively DVC and not in the primest of locations, I'd expect a cash stay in a regular room to be affordable. I may just go that route, if I like the place, and plan the trip like 7 fewer months in advance than I'd have to otherwise.

I think the rooms are beautiful but the location does not make up for the price in my opinion. I also prefer low-rise structures as opposed to massive hotel towers. There are several other direct options in the $188 dollar range if you are buying just to get a blue card.

EDIT: And I was totally talking about Riveria. Whoops. I'm actually excited to see what Reflections has in store.

I think this describes Reflections though. Riv is like 7 stories of rooms and Reflections looks to be 5 stories. Neither is in a great location but at least Riv has the Skyliner to get you to two parks. Reflections is going to have a long boat ride to Magic Kingdom and busses that likely are shared with WL/CC to the other parks.

Difference is Reflections will probably be $200 at launch with even higher points charts. 120 for a week in a sleep pod anyone hahaha.

I do like things about Reflections, but these are my concerns:

1. Resale restrictions seem to be here for the long haul.

2. Cabins. While I really (really) like staying in them, they *destroy* resorts, point-wise (large number of points sold in units that won't be desired to be rented). Look at what they did to CCV and trying to book a studio.

3. General point creep for new resorts (e.g., RVA) is getting out of hand. I wouldn't be shocked to see a studio in mid-season to cost 30 points a night.

The biggest positive for me would be a storm-a-long bay like pool setup.

I do like things about Reflections, but these are my concerns:

1. Resale restrictions seem to be here for the long haul.

2. Cabins. While I really (really) like staying in them, they *destroy* resorts, point-wise (large number of points sold in units that won't be desired to be rented). Look at what they did to CCV and trying to book a studio.

3. General point creep for new resorts (e.g., RVA) is getting out of hand. I wouldn't be shocked to see a studio in mid-season to cost 30 points a night.

The biggest positive for me would be a storm-a-long bay like pool setup.

The deluxes really do need a another storm-a-long level pool complex. I'd love to see one at Reflections that was a nod to River Country.

2 things I want to see...point charts, and if the resale restrictions stick. Copper Creek has a booking issue because of the Cabins. The same issue will most likely present itself at Reflections unless their Cabins are priced more reasonably (or there are fewer than say 10 of them). The Cabin/booking issue combined with resale restrictions would make it a hard no for me.

I don't really care for the new design of resort rooms being done in the pack 'em and stack 'em style. I get that DVC has figured out what a cash cow they are and are maximizing return on sq footage. But I like the older layouts, that's why the resale restrictions to the L14 does not bother me. The aesthetic of Reflections looks super cool, and I am sure I will go there to look around and eat at the restaurant, but the joke above about Pod rooms is way too accurate.

I don't really care for the new design of resort rooms being done in the pack 'em and stack 'em style. I get that DVC has figured out what a cash cow they are and are maximizing return on sq footage. But I like the older layouts, that's why the resale restrictions to the L14 does not bother me. The aesthetic of Reflections looks super cool, and I am sure I will go there to look around and eat at the restaurant, but the joke above about Pod rooms is way too accurate.

Is this implying that newer resorts have smaller rooms? Because the Riviera studios are some of the biggest there are. Its true BLT and CCV have tiny rooms but I'm not sure if that is a trend or not. PVB and VGF have decent size rooms as well.

Except that Riviera has some of the larger rooms of any DVC to date. Yes, they created a new category due to demand but otherwise the rooms are quite large.

Comparing to other WDW units Riviera has the 2nd largest studio (only Poly is larger), 3rd largest 1BR, 2nd largest 2 BR, and 2nd largest GV.

Reflections, A Disney Retirement Facility & Recovery Services Center, is going to be both DVC and hotel, and have stupid cabins. Expect point costs per night to resemble Riviera.

Nuh-uh. The boat driver we had last week was very specific in stating that it is 100% DVC. :rotfl: 900 more DVC rooms.

(yes, I know that was incorrect)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts