Planning Question!!!

Maestro_iam

Earning My Ears
Hello from Nova Scotia!

We are going to Orlando for the first time. We are arriving in Orlando on April 23, around noon time. We are departing on May 1st. That's seven and a half days. Here's my quandry:

WHAT TO DO??? LOL

Obviously, we want to do Disney. We also hear wonderful things about Universal and Islands of Adventure. Also hear wonderful things about SeaWorld and Wet N Wild.

So assuming money is no object *gulp*, I am looking for advice on what to do. If anyone can give me some advice based on your personal experience on what to do on a first visit to Orland, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Me
:)

The first visit is so wonderful. (They all are!)
But for me I would'n recomend Sea World. It's beatiful, but it's not WD. It's not as magical!!
°o°
I hope it will going to help you! :D

Forgot to mention that I am going down there with my wife and 2 boys, aged 15 and 9.

Cheers!

P.S. Anyone seen my shovel????
I like snow but this is ridiculous!!!

If this is your first trip I would try to focus on WDW. You don't have much time and to try to do everything may prove exhausting! Seaworld is nice - but then in Ontario we have Marineland (not quite the same; but similar). Universal would probably interest your kids - so instead of MGM hit Universal! Then go all out at WDW - trust me no matter how much you plan - you just can't fit it all in!

BTW, staying offsite in Kissimmee.

Will there be anything else I might have forgotten? LOL

;)

Hi, just back from our 10 day trip and still did not see and do everything in WDW. I would agree with the others and leave Universal for another trip. Your children would probably enjoy Universal for the thrill rides but it is too exhausting to do both. Remember it is a VACATION!!! Have fun!

I would spend most of my time at WDW, because they have the most "Magic", however, your boys are at the perfect age to enjoy thrill rides. Therefore, I would take 1 day and go to IOA the new park at Universal. You can do the park in one day and have a Great Time!

mickeycanada.gif

<font color=violet>THE CANADIAN DISNEY MOUSE WITH VISIONS OF PIXIE DUST TO COME!</font>
wavey.GIF

JAS
flowerface.GIF

Your boys will probably love all the thrill rides. Lots of great websites rating rides. My daughter just found this site yesterday and I just briefly looked at it and thought it looked pretty good. http://disney.orlando.home.att.net/
I have heard DisneyQuest is fun too. I plan on checking it out this summer.

Sounds like you have 7 full days. I would do 5 days at Disney, 1 at Universal, 1 at Islands of Adventure. Have you purchased any tickets yet? You might find that a 3 day park hopper for UofA and Universal is not much different than 1 day at each.(I purchased 3 day passes for this summer for $109 canadian at Marlin Travel). Maybe you could go on your arrival or departure date then.
Your first trip is very special. I found a lot of planning did help to see what we really wanted, but just keep in mind - you will want to go back -then you can see the things you missed and do all your favorite things again.
MOST IMPORTANT - HAVE FUN!!!!

Wow! What a great dilemma(sp?). If your family likes the thrill rides do not miss IOA. My son is a huge fan of coasters, and LOVED Dueling Dragons and the Hulk. With the tickets for Universal being available at par right now, you can have a couple of days of great fun for considerably less than paying the price for Disney. I realize that there is no comparison to Disney for that Magic feeling, but it is a lot of fun at US/IOA. On the other hand, if you are able to take advantage of the buy one/get one half price tickets for Disney, you'll probably want to spend most of your week there in order to get full value for your money, since these tickets will expire. If this is the case, you'll be able to take advantage of the Disney Water Parks instead of spending more to go to Wet & Wild. As for Seaworld, it is one ofmy favourite places there, but for this time, you may not want to take a day for it. With the ages of your kids, they might not find it all that much of a thrill, compared to the other parks. Whatever you decide to do, you will have a great time.

eeyorebtfly1.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter