Planning Short Trip...need help/advice

millera

Earning My Ears
My husband and I are planning a short vacation to WDW. We don't have any kids and we are in our mid 20's. My husband has never been to WDW before and it's been 10+ years since I have been. This will be a very short trip as we will only be in Orlando for 3 days but we'd like to get the most of out of the time we have. Our flight would arrive around 10:00am on Friday, March 1st and we would leave around 2:00pm on Sunday, March 3rd. We were thinking of trying to hit 2 theme parks, but we're not sure which 2 we should go to (AK, MK, MGM, or Epcot). We would like to try and hit a park on Friday (probably sometime after lunch) and then hit one on Sat. We realize that with the limited amount of time we have on Friday, we're not going to able to see everything in the park that we go to, but, we would like to have as much fun as possible and make the most of the time we do have. Given this info. what parks are recommended that we try and go to? And, which one should we do on which day(s), (since on Friday we will have less time)? Also, we're not sure where we want to stay, so, we could use some help/advice on where to stay. We'd like to stay somewhere that has some sort of transportation so that we don't have to rent a car. We were thinking about staying at one of the DIS value resorts (such as All Star Movies). What does everyone recommend? Any info./advice will be greatly appreciated.

First, welcome to the DIS boards. Even though it may be a short trip, I'm sure y'all will have a great time.

I haven't stayed at any of the All Star resorts so I can't give you much help there but certainly with your limited time, staying on property would be a good idea, and fun.

Off the top of my head, I would pick MGM for Friday and Epcot for Saturday. It is a hard choice for me because I really love all 4 parks. The only reason that I ruled out AK was that the hours there are the shortest and you wouldn't get much time there on Friday and Saturday you would have to leave there and finish the day at another park and so not get much time at the other park. Also, I don't know if you will have park hopper tickets. MK is wonderful but for adults on a limited amount of time, I put it as a lower priority. Although I can spend multiple days at MGM, for a single day at each of two parks, there is just so much to see and take in at Epcot that I gave the longer day there. By doing MGM and Epcot, you can see the two best evening ending shows in Fantasmic! and Illuminations.

If you could find a good price, there are hotels between these two parks where you could walk to either park and not have to wait for transportation. Around the Boardwalk area are The Boardwalk Inn and Villas, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Swan and Dolphin. If you can't get a good rate at one of these, the closest moderate level resort is Caribbean Beach Resort. I've stayed there and it is very nice and almost right inbetween MGM and Epcot but doesn't have a walking path to them like the others do.

Relax .... Relax....

The first step to a short trip you will enjoy and remember is don't play RAMBO and do it all!

I would visit Disney's MGM Studios on Friday.

Must Sees:
The Great Movie Ride
Rockin Rolling Coaster
Tower Terror
Muppet 3D

You probably can do a little more but you would feel rushed.
Anything else you see is icing!

Relax ... Relax

Then goto Pleasure Island or have dinner later that evening.

Saturday

EPCOT

Must See:
Test Track
Universe of Energy
Living Seas

Then stroll around the different country pavillions and see some of the entertainment.

British Invation
Voices of Liberty

Relax...

Enjoy the resorts and pools or even a water park.

You may think that you should get in as much as possible but that's a big mistake, do a little and then plan another trip. Also I'm close to the same age.

A big welcome to the DIS boards!!! If you think you will be returning and have the money I would purchase the cheapest park hopper pass available. I think it is for four days. They last forever so you can use them several years down the road. This way you can go to the MK one evening so your DH can way he saw the castle, you might want to eat supper inside the park. I do think as adults you will probably like MGM and EPCOT better, but I just don't feel like I have done Disney until I see the castle. I have never stayed anywhere but WL. It is wonderful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!