Plans after Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

Yujailec

Mouseketeer
Hello, everyone!

My girl turns 6 next month and I cannot think of a better way to celebrate than with a makeover at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique (Disney Springs location). My question is what to do after her appointment?

We will be there for a weekend, mid-September. We are arriving Thursday night until Sunday afternoon. Originally I had scheduled her makeover for Friday before MNSSHP but the costume she has chosen of has a wig so now I'm thinking that's not such a good idea.

Should I book the appointment for the day after the party? What should we do after the makeover?

Any suggestions are tremendously appreciated, thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Sounds fun! We did it for my daughter's 5th birthday and it was a highlight of the trip for sure!

I would say to either to not wear the wig with the costume for MNSSHP or reschedule. Either way, I would keep it early enough in the day so that she can enjoy the makeover for the whole day. In September, it's hot, sticky and stormy. So I would keep that in mind in terms of any costumes you're planning even if they are for the evening. My daughter wore a princess costume for her makeover and then we had clothes to change into afterwards that were more comfortable. We were also there in September for that trip.

We didn't necessarily do anything special after BBB. We just toured MK as she had her makeover at the castle. If you are at Disney Springs for the make over, you could tour around there into the various shops. My kids love the Christmas shop, the World of Disney store and Lego store. There is that balloon ride and carousel, plus Goofy's candy store and cupcake store. Have fun!

Our girls have done BBB a few times and what I think works best is to not do it so late that they can't enjoy it but not do it so early that they're uncomfortable the whole day. It's a fine line really LOL!! We did it mid day on the first visit with costumes, no wigs. We were there in June and the thought of my girls wearing a wig in the heat was a deal breaker. We did the clip in hair piece and that worked like a charm. They had comfy clothes to change into if they wanted and my younger daughter (5 at the time) did change since she was tripping on her gown.

We did not plan anything out of the ordinary after that first BBB visit, we just enjoyed the rest of our MK park touring that day. The second BBB visit was at Disney Springs and we did it a little later, around 4:30 or so. They wore their own costumes this time and only did hair/makeup. We walked around and shopped and then went over to the Grand Floridian for dinner at 1900 park fare which made for great photos. You don't really have to do anything super special but if you have any character meals planned, maybe do it after the makeover. BTW, they use so much hairspray she may get a few days out of her do!!!

I will say, party or no party, she will have so much fun. The DS location, while not in the castle, is so much more spacious and enjoyable IMO. Have fun celebrating!

Hello, everyone!

My girl turns 6 next month and I cannot think of a better way to celebrate than with a makeover at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique (Disney Springs location). My question is what to do after her appointment?

We will be there for a weekend, mid-September. We are arriving Thursday night until Sunday afternoon. Originally I had scheduled her makeover for Friday before MNSSHP but the costume she has chosen of has a wig so now I'm thinking that's not such a good idea.

Should I book the appointment for the day after the party? What should we do after the makeover?

Any suggestions are tremendously appreciated, thank you in advance!

My daughter is doing BBB for the first time during our trip in September. I plan to have her pictures taken right after her appointment and then we have a fastpass to meet Tiana & Rapunzel! We are eating at Cinderella's Royal Table for an early dinner a few hours after that as well.

We also are going in September, our DD is having her makeover at the GF location.
Afterwards we have scheduled FP for Cinderella, Ariel etc
We are having lunch at Be Our Guest and then doing the MNSSHP that evening.

We decided no rollercoasters that day so her hair won't get messed up. We have plenty of other MK days for those.

In DS, perhaps go bowling, do Characters in Flight, have lunch/dinner? Or, if you have a car or want to take WDW transportation, head over to one of the monorail resorts and have dinner there (perhaps 1900 Park Fare?), ride the monorail? Or enjoy the entertainment on the Boardwalk in the evening.

When my niece did BBB, we did it in MK and then took some cute photos for her and her older sister with the Photopass people, which her mum loves. I believe they have the same Photopass option in DS. We then went for breakfast at CRT, which she loved - the princesses made a fuss of her and it was just a fun, cute experience.

If you don’t have park tickets or don’t want to go to MK, maybe go to 1900 Park Fair or the Bon Voyage breakfast on the Boardwalk.

I would not have her wear the wig to MNSSHP. It will be horrifically hot and with a wig on, she will likely be miserable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter