Plans have been filed for DVC expansion at Caribbean Beach Resort

That might be worth the $16000 buy in.
I think for research purposes, you should make a trip to the real Barbados. Stay at the Accra on the southern end of the island. To date, my favorite place to visit that requires a passport.
For authenticity sake.

I think for research purposes, you should make a trip to the real Barbados. Stay at the Accra on the southern end of the island. To date, my favorite place to visit that requires a passport.
For authenticity sake.

I was kidding.

I was kidding.
I wasn't.
I'm suggesting everyone give Barbados a try sometimes in their lives. The rum punch is magical.

Wasn't suggesting you didn't know the real island from disney's version. I'm was just suggesting that any vacation that involves rum punch is worth taking, even if the mouse isn't involved.

For authenticity sake.

Duly noted and filed away!

I had to change my reservation for an upcoming trip. Changed it to the Carribean Beach Resort and while talking to reservations they told me that today is the last day to make a reservation at CBR AND get the $75 per day gift card. Reservations made, starting tomorrow, will not receive the gift card deal. So, if you have been on the fence about this resort, today is the last day to make your reservation.

I had to change my reservation for an upcoming trip. Changed it to the Carribean Beach Resort and while talking to reservations they told me that today is the last day to make a reservation at CBR AND get the $75 per day gift card. Reservations made, starting tomorrow, will not receive the gift card deal. So, if you have been on the fence about this resort, today is the last day to make your reservation.

Reservations through which dates?

SIAP, but when would you get the gift cards? I'm guessing it wouldn't be until check-in, but is it daily or up front?

Web site quote: "...As a result, Guests staying at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will receive a $75 Disney Gift Card per room for each night of their stay at check in."

Web site quote: "...As a result, Guests staying at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will receive a $75 Disney Gift Card per room for each night of their stay at check in."

I probably could have looked that up for myself. Me being lazy I guess, but thank you for responding. We did call. They were full up for our dates.

Just missed you. Now how am I going to compensate for that terrific email?

Well actually we booked for 05/28-06/04. No need to make up for it. Just glad you got it. Sorry you had to fight so hard, but I really wonder if emails like yours lead to them just offering it across the board.

I got CBR at $160/night. With the $75 off per night that basically paid for hotel and meals and with annual passes we're set.

The only drawback is the bar situation. I was kinda hoping they'd open a temp bar somewhere else. Having to go off-property for drinks is gonna kinda suck, but I guess I can just pour my own.

Well actually we booked for 05/28-06/04. No need to make up for it. Just glad you got it. Sorry you had to fight so hard, but I really wonder if emails like yours lead to them just offering it across the board.

I got CBR at $160/night. With the $75 off per night that basically paid for hotel and meals and with annual passes we're set.

The only drawback is the bar situation. I was kinda hoping they'd open a temp bar somewhere else. Having to go off-property for drinks is gonna kinda suck, but I guess I can just pour my own.
We will be there 5/23 - 6/6 and ours came out to about $187 per night with tax included. We figured this is a much better deal than the two times we used the dining plan. Have never stayed there before and kind of nervous about the bus situation since we won't be renting a car this time. Maybe we will cross paths since our dates overlap. Wife is excited about going to the Flower and Garden show again.

Thats a really good deal. And you can always drop by geyser point and say hello, we'll be there that week as well.

Wait what did I miss?

People that dont like CBR are now booking there?

The discounts used to get me to book deluxe. No more discounts no more deluxe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!