Plant-based dining?

DizneyLizzy

DIS Veteran
Any tips or suggested quick service places for a vegan visitor? It doesn't look like there ANY options in the WWoHP. But I'm hoping there is more available that is listed on the in-app menus.

Thanks!

Most places are on a limited menu currently. So even if they normally carry vegan options, you can’t assume that is still the case. Vegetarian is typically easier to accomplish.

you Might have better luck going table service

Any tips or suggested quick service places for a vegan visitor? It doesn't look like there ANY options in the WWoHP. But I'm hoping there is more available that is listed on the in-app menus.

Thanks!

Might be worth contacting Universal ahead of your trip and check what will be available. As pp mentioned, there are limited menu`s on offer in many places.

They are very good at getting back to you when you do get in touch.

There’s a couple of relevant Facebook groups with reports from people who’ve been recently and also a couple of YouTube channels that may help.

There is a facebook group that has posts regularly. There’s a link to a page with all the vegan options, including things that can be modified to be vegan. There’s not much. Mostly beyond burgers and gardein chicken. Bakeries have nothing. Auntie Annes pretzels can be ordered without butter; dippin dots has ice fruit flavors. Several food places with vegan food are closed. WWoHP- pumpkin juice and most speciality drinks, fries, salad, corn, and a few other things. No meals. The app menus are right.

I wish WWoHP had better vegetarian options, since my son is vegetarian (his choice) and loves all things Harry Potter. He had such great QS meals at WDW last December, especially at Geyser Point, Satuli Canteen, and Docking Bay 7. He's not even vegan, but the options are so limited after breakfast at Leaky Cauldron and Three Broomsticks that I'm thinking I may just sneak in some PB&Js. Would it kill them to make one vegan/vegetarian entree for lunch and dinner? My little one is happy to have Mac & Cheese at every meal, but my older kid is more adventurous.

I wish WWoHP had better vegetarian options, since my son is vegetarian (his choice) and loves all things Harry Potter. He had such great QS meals at WDW last December, especially at Geyser Point, Satuli Canteen, and Docking Bay 7. He's not even vegan, but the options are so limited after breakfast at Leaky Cauldron and Three Broomsticks that I'm thinking I may just sneak in some PB&Js. Would it kill them to make one vegan/vegetarian entree for lunch and dinner? My little one is happy to have Mac & Cheese at every meal, but my older kid is more adventurous.

Don’t have to sneak in pbj- you’re allowed to bring in as much food as you want, just no glass/alcohol.

There's a vegan option at Central Parke Crepes that I thought was amazing. It contains vegan mozzarella, Gardein sausage, vegan pesto, diced tomatoes, and balsamic glaze. This is a good little article about it that I came across:

https://vegandisneyworld.com/2020/09/14/new-central-park-crepes-at-universal-studios-florida/

I tried to get one. Line didn’t move at all for several minutes and there were three people ahead of me, so I gave up. I’ve read complaints about service being slow.

Did you find it to be spicy at all? Spicy (to me) meaning any heat whatsoever, even black pepper type of heat.

Nothing wrong with a good PB&J! It's cause of such limited options, and honestly for us to try and save money, we always pack PB&Js, apples, and some packaged snack like a trail mix when we do park days. With this and eating breakfast in our rooms (cereal with almond milk and fruit) we then feel like we can go all out for dinners. We don't have children yet though so they might not like eating like that on vacation and we also haven't been back since Covid so there was options in the past. Good luck!

I tried to get one. Line didn’t move at all for several minutes and there were three people ahead of me, so I gave up. I’ve read complaints about service being slow.

Did you find it to be spicy at all? Spicy (to me) meaning any heat whatsoever, even black pepper type of heat.

I got lucky last weekend and there was no line when I went. First time I've ever seen it like that.

There was a little bit of spiciness to it. It was very light, but still noticeable (at least to me).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter