Plantar Fascitis in Disney

I used to have PF, and the only way I got rid of it was by wearing crocs patricias ALL the time. I would even slip them on to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Best shoes ever for PF, in my opinion. I have worn them to Disney world on many trips and love them.

I have Achilles tendinitis which causes severe pain in the back of my right heel, not the bottom. Sometimes it feels like a knife going in and out. I know it's not the same as PF but my best luck for all day walking has been an ankle wrap that has copper on it and really good gym shoes with a good insert. Sometimes I put an extra small insert into my right shoe so that heel is slightly elevated. The combination Really helps alleviate the pain. I also bring a cane that can be broken down to fit into a bag. If I get tired or it starts hurting, I pull that out and it helps by allowing me to take some of the pressure off the weight on my foot.

Any other tips would be great. I have recently been diagnosed with this and have not had great results with the injection and inserts.

I had a bad flare up a month or so ago. I stretch my foot before getting out of bed. I also found pain cream and lemongrass essential oil have helped it heal. Sketchers Go Walks are like heaven on my feet. I vary the shoes I wear every day, though.

Another vote for the Vionics. I have two pair of the flip flops, and they are the most supportive shoes I own! I am also a fan of Mizuno Wave Paradox 2 athletic shoes for support, but give yourself a few weeks to break them in.

Vionics here too! They saved me on this trip I just returned from on Saturday. No pain the days I wore them. Not from PF or just sore feet from walking. I'm seriously replacing my shoe wardrobe entirely with these they made such a difference.

For anyone who hasn't tried Vionics, a quick word of warning: my feet always ache with a crappy feeling the first few times I wear them if I haven't been wearing good, supportive shoes recently. After a couple of days though, my feet get used to the support again, and it is totally worth a couple of days of crampy pain versus the extreme, limping pain no support or not enough support causes.

I also recommend a shiatsu neck massaged for stretching the tendons: put it on the floor and let it knead into your arch. It hurts a bit at first, but it sure loosens it up after just a few days! It's worked WAY better for me than the frozen bottle trick!

I would also suggest bringing ziplock bags to ice your feet after a day in the parks.

Going to check out Vionics sandals. I usually wear Birkenstocks.

Knee is doing better. Mostly just stiff if I sit too long. Think I'll give it another week b4 doing walking routine again--stood all day at work yesterday & definitely felt it last night.
Got the Vionics & have been wearing them several hours/day at work where I am up & down all day--they feel great! SO weird to wear such flat shoes. Haven't been able to for years.

Knee is doing better. Mostly just stiff if I sit too long. Think I'll give it another week b4 doing walking routine again--stood all day at work yesterday & definitely felt it last night.
Got the Vionics & have been wearing them several hours/day at work where I am up & down all day--they feel great! SO weird to wear such flat shoes. Haven't been able to for years.

Awesome! Glad they're working out for you! I love mine so, so much. Now I just need some of their work styles!

Very similar to the Vionics, I have Sole flip flops. I actually went to the store to buy Vionics but I didn't like how flat the actual sole of the show was (the part that touches the ground) the store recommended that I try Sole's. I love, love, love them. I have had them for almost 3 years now and wear them constantly. They did take a little getting used to, as a previous poster said, my feet ache if I have been wearing really crappy shoes for a while before I wear them but it goes away pretty quickly. I have spoken to the sales people again about the differences in the shoes and they said that it's really just a personal preference.

Another vote for Vionics. I have 11 pair and they have made a huge difference for me. I have tried custom inserts in all price ranges from multiple doctors (orthopedist, podiatrist and chiropractor) and really I do best in just Vionics. When I broke my foot I showed them to my orthopedist and asked if they were ok to wear when he let me out of the boot. He loved them and kept turning them around saying "these are really great, what are they" I knew they felt great but felt good to have him approve of the support they give. Note of caution if you have never worn them you may have to work up to wearing them all day until your foot gets used to being in that position but it's totally worth it.

I just bought a pair of Vionics Tide II for my trip next week (I'm wearing them as much as I can until then).

OVer 2 weeks & knee still stiff if I sit too long (doesn't bode well for 10 hour drive each way to college graduation next weekend...). Luckily walking & standing are fine.
REally wondering if I will be able to wear the Croc or Sofft wedges I planned to bring...
Might just be the Vionics & new Asics Gel Nimbus 18s.

I have Achilles tendinitis which causes severe pain in the back of my right heel, not the bottom. Sometimes it feels like a knife going in and out. I know it's not the same as PF but my best luck for all day walking has been an ankle wrap that has copper on it and really good gym shoes with a good insert. Sometimes I put an extra small insert into my right shoe so that heel is slightly elevated. The combination Really helps alleviate the pain. I also bring a cane that can be broken down to fit into a bag. If I get tired or it starts hurting, I pull that out and it helps by allowing me to take some of the pressure off the weight on my foot.
I had achilles tendinitis and the Dr. put me in a walking boot for 3 months and it cure it. It has been 3 years now with no issues.

Just tried on a Vionic wedge today & didn't hesitate to spend the $140 on it! (OK, I did momentarily cringe) But they were like walking on marshmallows! I did trade my flat flat vionic flip flops for one with a bit more base. Seriously, I have not worn true flats in so long due to PF, they felt super weird! These still feel a bit flat--but maybe it is just the weird fit with the super high arch support. No matter--I'm sold!

I only wear Vionics---even the slippers around the house. That is the only thing that helped me as well! Lots of Vionic-lovers on this thread!

I only wear Vionics---even the slippers around the house. That is the only thing that helped me as well! Lots of Vionic-lovers on this thread!
Yes! I asked DF for a pair of the slippers for Christmas, and they are amazing! Same support as my flip flops, but better for wearing around the house when it's cool/cold! I love them! I just got a pair of the loafers to wear to work, because the Cobb Hill (by New Balance) brand shoes just didn't have a high enough arch support for me, lol! I think my next pair will be a pair of non-flip flop sandals so I can wear them with dresses and skirts to work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter