Platinum annual pass

oliver123

Earning My Ears
I'll be in Orlando for 60 days in December -Feb and wanting to buy the platinum pass as it works out roughly the same price as the gold plus aquatics & gardens.
Is it better to buy the platinum pass direct with SeaWorld? Am I best waiting until black Friday to see if there are any deals?

I'd wait, no rush to do it now, right?!? You aren't going to lose anything by waiting, unless the price of the AP normally increases at some point before Black Friday. I'd take the chance and wait.

I'd wait, no rush to do it now, right?!? You aren't going to lose anything by waiting, unless the price of the AP normally increases at some point before Black Friday. I'd take the chance and wait.
Thank you! No issues with waiting so will wait until November :)

Also the thing to remember with Sea World annual passes is that they become active as soon as you purchase them instead of being activated by your first use like at other parks so the longer you leave it to get a better deal, the more time you’ll have on your pass in case the opportunity to use it again later in the year arises.

Also the thing to remember with Sea World annual passes is that they become active as soon as you purchase them instead of being activated by your first use like at other parks so the longer you leave it to get a better deal, the more time you’ll have on your pass in case the opportunity to use it again later in the year arises.
Thank you I wasn't aware of that! Definitely best waiting until there is a deal out and closer to the time

Just a heads up: Their APs also automatically renew - despite it saying so at several points during the purchase process, it still seems to catch a lot of folks by surprise.

Just a heads up: Their APs also automatically renew - despite it saying so at several points during the purchase process, it still seems to catch a lot of folks by surprise.

Mine has never automatically renewed

Mine has never automatically renewed
Interesting...all APs on the Seaworld Orlando website clearly state " Convenient automatic renewal", I definitely had to call to keep our paid-in-full Platinum passes from auto renewing this past spring & there are numerous negative reviews on Tripadvisor from people whose passes auto renewed who were not pleased about it.

Our Gold passes were going to auto renew last year too and we had to cancel them to stop that from happening as we could get a better deal on them by not renewing and just repurchasing them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter