Platinum check in with linked reservations

mighty quack

Earning My Ears
I have a cruise coming up and this is the first time I have booked more than 1 room. We have 2 connecting rooms but only 1 room will be platinum, the other gold. Will we be able to check in for both rooms at the concierge check in area? Or will we still have to go to he normal check-in area?

It depends. Technically, both rooms are independent and the gold room guests should go through the normal silver/gold line. However, CM’s aren’t necessarily strict about the check-in lines and their discretion will vary based on how crowded each line is at that moment.

A few times, being gold and platinum, we’ve gone through the regular lines - either first timer or CC - simply because they were empty while the CC/Platinum counters were overcrowded. You might find yourself in that situation if you arrive between 10:30 and noon.

We just did this exact scenario; we were platinum and my mom, silver. We were able to check in together under us. This was out of the NY terminal but that shouldn’t make a difference

If you have some time before the cruise, is it an option to move one of the Platinum guests into the other room. Not sure if you have enough time or if you have multiple platinum cruisers in one cabin. We have put one of the spouses or our son in the grandparent's cabin. That is an easy way to get all the cabins on the same timeline. Once you are checked-in you can re-arrange people back to the appropriate cabins.

There are plenty of reasons to split platinum people across the two rooms. (Both rooms getting free Palo, both rooms having the earlier excursion sign-up date, etc.) I don't think port check-in is really one. When I asked at the port on two different cruises about checking in as a group with people at different levels, both times I was told to just keep my group together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter