Platinum Pass from Sea World San Diego

cmwade77

DIS Veteran
So, we have Platinum passes from Sea World San Diego as that is our local park.

We are planning to take a day and go to Sea World Orlando on our next trip.

I know we get admission and discounts there, but I have a few questions related to our pass:
  • Does our passes allow us get free rides on the sky tower there?
  • Can we use our passes at the kiosks to get whatever the current month special is?
  • Can we use our passes for access to the passholder member lounge?
  • Do our reserved seating plan work there as well?
Is there anything else we should know about using our Platinum passes in Orlando or about differences in the park in general?

My wife and I have platinum passes from San Antonio, and my daughter has one from San Diego.

I rode the sky tower at both San Diego and Orlando free with my pass, and we have used the reserve seating with no problem. We haven't tried getting any special member items yet, nor have we tried accessing the pass holders lounge. The free preferred parking and discounts on food and merchandise works at all parks.

I think some of the other benefits are only good at your home park, but haven't tried them yet.

We have used our platinum pass from a different park in Orlando for years and have gotten many benefits we used to get with the Orlando pass. We get free Christmas ornaments, free preferred parking, 15% off food, preferred seating for shows except for Christmas shows, passholder lounge admission (we use this each visit) and unlimited free rides on the sky tower. I just wish we lived closer so we could use it more often.

Interesting, why not the reserved seating at the Christmas shows?

Not really an issue for use, but just curious.

But definitely good to know on all of that.

Interesting, why not the reserved seating at the Christmas shows?

Not really an issue for use, but just curious.

But definitely good to know on all of that.

because the Platinum reserved seating only works for the day shows (besides Christmas, it also isn't valid for summer shows and special events like the Seven Seas concerts)

because the Platinum reserved seating only works for the day shows (besides Christmas, it also isn't valid for summer shows and special events like the Seven Seas concerts)
Hmm, interesting, in San Diego, Platinum passes are valid for reserved seating for pretty much all shows, including:
  • All Summer Only Shows
  • O' Wondrous Night (which is worth the cost of my annual pass alone in my opinion)
  • Front of the Line Privileges at Mission Bay Theater when it doesn't offer reserved seating or reserved seating when it does
  • All night time and day time shows
We don't get quick queue on the rides without paying, but for the shows, if it has a reserved seating section, we can use it and that includes the sections marked as reserved for quick queue.

So that is why I was confused why it wouldn't work for Christmas shows. So, do they at least offered discounted reserved seating for passholders for the Summer, Night and Christmas shows there?

I go to Seaworld In Orlando to see the Christmas shows every year. I wait in line for O Wonderous Night to get a good seat, but do not have a problem getting good seats at at the other Christmas shows as long as I don’t go on a Saturday night.

I go to Seaworld In Orlando to see the Christmas shows every year. I wait in line for O Wonderous Night to get a good seat, but do not have a problem getting good seats at at the other Christmas shows as long as I don’t go on a Saturday night.
Interesting, luckily for us in San Diego, the reserved seating is included for Platinum Passes because most nights fill to capacity, even on the nights they run two shows. I am not playing on going to Sea World Orlando at Christmas time, but was curious as someone mentioned it didn't work for the Christmas shows, which seemed odd to me as my experience has been that Sea World tends to be a bit more consistent with it's rules than Disney.

Seaworld Orlando sells the best seats for the Christmas shows for about $30 for all four shows instead of allowing platinum pass holders into the reserved sections. Since tickets are presold, they have a good idea how many seats they need to rope off for each show. The size of the reserved area varies from day to day.

Interesting, for San Diego, they simply rope.off two very large sections and then about 10 minutes before show time they start in the back and open up rows one at a time for nonreserved seating. The same practice is used at all shows, although the size does change based on stadium size and show popularity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!