Play areas for two year old during child swap rides

yorkieteacher

DIS Veteran
We are looking for things we can do with a two year old while some of us wait for rider swap, besides taking him on other rides since we want to ride everything he does to see him experience it. Not a problem at MK with the Dumbo Circus tent not far from SDMT ,and playground under Splash Mountain, nor at AK with the Boneyard nicely between EE and Dinosaur. The problems are Hollywood Studios and Epcot. I just read they closed Image Works at Epcot. It looks like from pictures that Advance Training Lab has a playground type area, not just electronic games. Does it have any other play areas? What about HS/ Anything at all? Are we doomed to take him in shops and for snacks during wait times?

At Epcot, there is a play area right inside where Mission Space exits. In the Seas pavillion, there is a play area in the exhibits. In the Land, you might just need to do a snack or something. Up in the World Showcase I don't believe so.

At DHS, no play area. That said, the Disney Jr show where everyone sits on the floor is only going to appeal to the child, so plan for that during the wait so as not to torture the other adults in the family. There are characters out front of there often too. And...snacks and shops.

There is a car show room at Test Track. When my current 8 year old was 2, he played there while various other members of the party rode Test Track 4 times. He cried when it was time to leave (it had to have been over an hour). There is a playground at Mission Space if I am remembering correctly. There is a game area at Spaceship Earth, although I am not sure what ages it is good for. There is the jumping fountains near Imagination. I can't think of anything near Soarin'. There is a nice area to sit and wait though, or you could get a snack at Sunshine Seasons.

HS is harder. I can't think of anything there since they closed the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground.

At DHS, no play area. That said, the Disney Jr show where everyone sits on the floor is only going to appeal to the child, so plan for that during the wait so as not to torture the other adults in the family. There are characters out front of there often too. And...snacks and shops.
That show is closing after September 2. I'm not sure when the OP is going. The characters should still be there for a meet and greet. There is no definitely opening date yet for the new show.

Sorry about DHS, I can't think of any play area currently in the park. There is a rather open area at the rear of Tower of Terror near the Joffrey stand. My daughter played there while other family members were on TOT. Maybe the new Toy Story area would be fun to explore while others are on rides. Woody, Buzz and Jessie are meeting there.

This year there is supposed to be play area in Epcot during F&W. Previously there hasn't been one except during the Flower & Garden festival.

We are looking for things we can do with a two year old while some of us wait for rider swap, besides taking him on other rides since we want to ride everything he does to see him experience it. Not a problem at MK with the Dumbo Circus tent not far from SDMT ,and playground under Splash Mountain, nor at AK with the Boneyard nicely between EE and Dinosaur. The problems are Hollywood Studios and Epcot. I just read they closed Image Works at Epcot. It looks like from pictures that Advance Training Lab has a playground type area, not just electronic games. Does it have any other play areas? What about HS/ Anything at all? Are we doomed to take him in shops and for snacks during wait times?
we had a bad experience at the playground at Splash Mountain with older children who did not want to ride running over younger toddlers. that playground is very small

DHS has indoor show like frozen, disney jr, and little mermaid, or you can do character meet and greets like Olaf and Mickey that are indoors to get out of the heat. That is our plan for August while the okder kids do star wars and TOT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter