Play areas?

Disney102015

Mouseketeer
We are getting ready to take our little guy (17 months) on his second Disney trip. He did great the first time, at 6 months, when he was content to hang out in the Ergo and occasionally the stroller. But now that he’s walking, I don’t think he’ll be as pleased with being contained all day. I am trying to think of areas in the parks where we can let him stretch his legs and blow off steam. Are there any play areas or something similar where we might be able to set him loose, and give him a break from the stroller? Thanks!

I can think of a couple off the top of my head. There's a small play area in between Splash and BTMR. There's a play area in the middle of the line of Dumbo. You need to actually stand in line to get to the area but there are doors that you can leave from there if you don't want to actually ride Dumbo. There's also the playground and dinosaur dig area in Dinoland. There technically is a play area in as you are walking off MS but I think it's all enclosed tubes so he's probably too young for that. He might like running around the music on the floor of the Imagination area, but I wouldn't consider it a full play area for someone his age. If you're ok with him getting wet, there's the train area of Dumbo's Circus, and there are a couple of jumping fountains in Epcot. I honestly can't think of anywhere in HS.

Dumbo in MK, boneyard in AK, ralph in epcot and nothing when we went to HS not sire if star wars has anything?

HS doesn't have anything, but the Disney Jr show would be PERFECT for his age. You sit on the floor and there are bubbles and its very, very todder-centric.

We are getting ready to take our little guy (17 months) on his second Disney trip. He did great the first time, at 6 months, when he was content to hang out in the Ergo and occasionally the stroller. But now that he’s walking, I don’t think he’ll be as pleased with being contained all day. I am trying to think of areas in the parks where we can let him stretch his legs and blow off steam. Are there any play areas or something similar where we might be able to set him loose, and give him a break from the stroller? Thanks!
be careful at the small play area near Splash Mountain as it can get over run with larger kids running over little ones

Epcot is the best park for this. There are some cute areas that they could run around - not necessarily play areas, but room to explore - the fountains outside of Imagination, the hedge maze in England, the open area right in the front of the World Showcase by the water, the Seas pavilion around the aquarium. Actual play areas can be tough because you'll get a lot of older kids.

The boneyard might be tougher than the other recommendations. My kids are 11 and 8 and love it. It's huge, and at their ages I'm happy to let them run and play. There are a couple of small slides near the front that I saw a little one on last week. It really does seem geared toward older kids. You can take a little one, but you'll definitely be chasing them all over. Most of the slides are big tunnel slides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!