Plaza Garden vs Hunters Grill?

Lesley Wake

DIS Veteran
First, sorry for so many questions, but I really really appreciate getting everyone's advice!

I'm trying to decide between Plaza Garden and Hunter's Grill for a dinner. I will be staying at Sequoia Lodge, so originally planned HG for after fireworks, before I realized those would be so late! So, now I'm considering Plaza Garden to avoid a large amount of ping-ponging across the whole area.

My general schedule is looking like: get to parks around 8:30 for EMT, Lunch at noon (table service in the parks), maybe back to hotel for a mid-day break (possibly to coincide with snack time at Golden Forest Lounge), back to parks in early evening, dinner around 8pm, fireworks at 11pm. I may do an early night one evening, skipping fireworks (I will have 4 evenings), but I'd rather not get locked into that in case something else comes up!

The price between those 2 options is pretty much the same, though PG has soda included. Is the food at one significantly better than the other?

Thanks in advance!

I havent eaten at Hunters Grill, but generally other than Inventions, the buffets have the same menu. Hunters Grill could be priced higher as its in one of the "deluxe" hotels.

This is a walk through of Plaza Gardens buffet from 2017. The guy filming is German and speaks German in the video, but just ignore that or watch with sound turned off

This a walk through of Hunters Grill from 2017. There is really annoying music so again you might want to watch with the sound off

Not all the restaurants in the park are open late for dinner even when the park is open late so you may find Plaza Gardens isnt open for dinner.
Your other option is to have a table service or buffet at somewhere like Plaza Gardens at lunch time then a counter service or snack in the evening. Again not all counter service stay open in the evening but Caseys, Market House Deli and others on Main street are open til park close usually

Not all the restaurants in the park are open late for dinner even when the park is open late so you may find Plaza Gardens isnt open for dinner.
Your other option is to have a table service or buffet at somewhere like Plaza Gardens at lunch time then a counter service or snack in the evening. Again not all counter service stay open in the evening but Caseys, Market House Deli and others on Main street are open til park close usually
Yeah, I know there are limited restaurant hours for DLP. I’ve been checking hours and it looks like Plaza Gardens is scheduled to be open until 9:30 every day in April. Do you know if I call in and make a reservation they will have accurate hours? And would those change later or day-of?

Sorry I cant remember when you are going - was it the end of June?
Which website have you looked at to find the hours for April?

This one only shows up to the end of April so they may not have planned beyond that yet.
https://disneykindofday.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/April+Restaurant+Opening+Hours+2018

However if you are within the time scale of being able to make a reservation they should be able to tell you the opening/closing times and they shouldnt really change

Sorry I cant remember when you are going - was it the end of June?
Which website have you looked at to find the hours for April?

This one only shows up to the end of April so they may not have planned beyond that yet.
https://disneykindofday.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/April+Restaurant+Opening+Hours+2018

However if you are within the time scale of being able to make a reservation they should be able to tell you the opening/closing times and they shouldnt really change
I’m heading in mid-June. Yeah, I’ve been using that site to at least get an idea of hours (like Walt’s-definitely lunch). My reservation window opens in a few weeks so I’ll reassess my schedule if those hours change!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!