Plaza Gardens Restaurant - reviews

Visited the Plaza Gardens for dinner on 14 June 2017. Very crowded day at the park and this place was backed up with guests. We had a reservation and waited approx 10 min for our table. 2 seat tables (and 2 seat tables pushed together to make 4+ seats) were stacked close together making it very difficult even for thin people to move in and out of their seats... not great for a buffet style. I was bumping elbows with the guest seated next to me a few times.

The prices have increased from the last post. €34.99 Adults and €17.99 for children (ages 3-11). Guests with the dining plan have drinks included. This did not appear to be the case for guests not on the dining plans.

The theme was nice though it has not changed much over the years and it could use a little tlc. The buffet is spread across 2 sides with nearly identical choices on both and salad bar in the centre. For the price point I felt there should have been more options however the food that was there was good, kept fresh, and well stocked despite the huge crowd. There was a mix of vegetable dishes (green beans, carrots and mixed veg) as well as a few meat choices (rotisserie chicken, pot roast, fish). Kid friendly choices of nuggets and chips were available. Of course there was a variety of breads and rolls but we had no luck finding any butter. Their sweets section was massive and included a variety of cakes and pies. Pre-packaged ice creams were available if you asked at the counter.

Overall the food was good but I feel it was a bit overpriced given the options. I would have liked to have seen some healthier dessert options such as fruits and yogurts. If you have a sweet tooth this one is likely a good stop. I highly recommend having a reservation, especially during busy days. This is a very popular restaurant for families. The cast members were very friendly however the hostess was clearly stressed and frustrated and I felt she was a bit short with guests when the line started growing.

We ate here two weeks ago for dinner. The best thing going for it is the location. The food was decent but the service was horrible and the restaurant was very warm. The worst part was actually getting a seat. There are several cashiers at check in but you don't get numbers, so once you pay, everyone just stands around in a big crowd. They had only one guy taking people to tables and he would just come up to the crowd waiting and grab a group (usually from the side). He didn't ask who was next and by the time he would come back, numerous more people had joined the crowd. After about 15 minutes, I just spoke up and told him the people next to us were next, and then us. He certainly didn't appreciate that! He did take the people next to us and then us but he did make a snide comment. I couldn't believe how disorganized it was. This is a very busy restaurant and they certainly should have some kind of system (although I have to admit, much of DLP seems to operate without much of a system.) Very unDisney like! Our server/waitress was bad too but I felt sorry for her because she was trying to take care of too many tables. It took forever to get our drinks which was particularly annoying because it was hot out and we were very thirsty. We had finished our first plates before we got any type of drink. As I mentioned above, food was not bad (but not as good as other buffets like Cape Cod.) You do have to assertive to get the sliced meats though.

We ate here at the end of June and thought the food was fantastic. Lots of choices and the buffet seems fresher than the US versions and they make smaller portions and it goes quicker. The chaos of the dining room was a bit much and no refills on soda was a bummer, but its Paris so to be expected. Service was a bit off but, the food overall was great and the desserts were the shining star. Very nice and so much better than the terrible buffet desserts at WDW.

We ate here on Tuesday 25 July 2017

We had a reservation at 7pm but arrived a bit early, 6:45 and were allowed entry early. There was quite a queue in the standby line so I'm glad we booked.

P1060809 (640x480).jpg

We've only eaten here once, for a character breakfast about 11 years ago and I didn't really remember what it was like inside. I really liked it :)

You give your name first, then go to the till and pay. I was using my 3 meal vouchers and paying cash for one of us. I also used my shareholder card for the discount on the cash meal - the CM gave me two separate receipts and we got the discount no problem. I think full price was 34.99E per adult and includes drinks. I didn't realise at first that it's refillable drinks - I thought I'd read somewhere that this had been stopped in France - but the waitress told us we could have as many drinks as we wanted. I checked the board outside when we left and it says 'buffet and open drinks' so that must be what it means.

Anyway, there was lots of choice but the buffet is set up a bit weird with desserts at either end, starters in the middle and mains to the side - everyone queues where the desserts start so you really need to make sure you're in the right area or you'll end up waiting ages. They should have a CM standing at the middle where the starters are and directing you either left or right to get mains and desserts. We didn't bother with starters and had a mix up of salmon, steak, chicken, rice, potato fries, potato stars (which we all loved) and lovely desserts, almond and raspberry cake, chocolate cakes and creme angalise which I love.

P1060812 (640x480).jpg

P1060813 (640x480).jpg

P1060814 (640x480).jpg

P1060815 (640x480).jpg

P1060818 (640x480).jpg

We all really enjoyed this meal and I'd definitely go back. Was so nice to eat in the park too just beside the castle. We had a lovely table in the middle of the room. We'd originally been shown to a table in the conservatory, but the sun was beating in and it was so hot so we said we'd wait for another table and the CM was lovely about it and found us a seat in a few minutes. Waitress service was great too with drink refills.

Ate breakfast at the Plaza Gardens in January for a character breakfast. Food wise the buffet was pretty much the same as what we were getting in the hotel (we stayed in Hotel New York) so typical breakfast pastries, eggs, rashers, sausages etc. It was fine. Character wise we met Eeyore, Tigger, Piglet, Daisy, Scrooge and Mickey Mouse.
Plaza Breakfast
Plaza Breakfast
Plaza breakfast
Plaza Breakfast
Plaza breakfast

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!