Please check my planning

Ashley14598

Earning My Ears
Thanks to this board and all your great advice along with some awesome friends, I think I have our trip planned out well. Please let me know if you see any big flaws or have any recommendations! It is my 2nd time going (I’ve literally only been 1 day in 2016 we only did MK and Epcot) and DH has never been.

It’s me, my husband, and son (15 months) going in July 16-20. We are staying at art of animation and only have 2 park day tickets.

Monday: Our flight arrives early in the morning we are planning a pool day and Disney springs.

Tuesday: park day
DHS in the morning Extra Magic Hours
Rope Drop Toy Story Mania
Husbands only request is to meet Chewbacca
Star Tours (for DH only)
Disney Jr Live @ 9:20
Woodys Lunchbox for a late breakfast/early lunch

Then we can decide how to spend the afternoon and we have FP at MK that late afternoon

2:25 jungle cruise
3:25 pirates
4:25 thunder mountain RR rider switch

Dinner at Peco Bills

Wednesday

We only have chef mickeys planned at 11:35, we will probably go to contemporary a little early to see the resort, etc and will probably do a pool evening etc.

Thursday: park day at MK
I’m hoping we can do a lot of fantasy land in the morning with FP for PP at 9:15

We also have FP for

10:30 Buzz
11:30 7DMT with rider switch
12:30 space Mountain rider switch

5:45 ADR at the Plaza
9:15 HEA

We are trying to leave time for going back if we have to for his nap our LO does very well with moving nap his nap time around, etc but WDW is a different beast with lots of stimulation for him.

On Friday we checkout.

Looks good. Are you driving to the parks or taking buses? Your HWS and MK day doesn't leave a lot of time to go back to the room if you need that flexibility. Will probably be OK, just wanted to mention that it might take a bit to get from HW to MK on the buses and through security. If little one needs to cool off, the spash pad at MK is fun for the littles.

Thanks for giving it a look! I wondered about transportation also. We are primarily planning to use the buses but aren’t opposed to using Uber or Lyft either. My biggest concern with them is that then we have to worry about a car seat. I figured we can most likely get a FP for jungle cruise later in the evening as well. Thanks for the tip on the splash pad he loves that kind of thing!

Have you considered three day passes instead of a two day park hopper? For only $27 more you could do three days in the parks and not have to rush on the HS/MK day.

We actually have our tickets from a CM so we aren’t paying for them we didn’t look into paying for any other tickets... I’m thinking we can’t get that deal with the CM tickets? Do you know?

Haha yes ;) it’s the only way I could have ever convinced my DH to take our 1 year old to Disney ::MickeyMo

Very reasonable plan...…….do include the mid-afternoon breaks...….. in July they'll be vital.

Doug :goofy:

For what you have planned, i don't see any problems.
My one suggestion is having time for one of you to take you son back to the room for a nap each day while the other one enjoys the parks.
When our kids were young, they needed the downtime and afternoon nap. Sleeping in a stroller was not the same thing.

Hmm how long do you think we need to set aside with traveling to AoA from DHS and MK, etc to go back for naps? DS usually naps from 1.5-2.5 hours. Our LO is a great baby he is very adaptable with moving his nap times (at home he naps anytime between 9:30 am-3:30 pm depending on our plans for the day) and is really only fussy if he’s hungry. He will nap in the stroller at times but other times he just lays back and will relax instead of sleeping. Since we only have 2 days in the parks I didn’t want to spend the time going back but maybe we need to? We aren’t opposed to using other modes of transportation to make it quicker but I’m not sure what options we have that have car seats other than the Minnie vans (which I know can be very expensive). Thanks for any additional help or thoughts :)

If you don't want to spend the time going back to AoA, consider going to one of the MK area resorts to rest. Find a quiet spot and at least have quiet time and a snack and enjoy the AC. It's been a couple of years, but I think there are some quiet areas on the 2nd floor of Wilderness Lodge. Maybe someone else here knows? Also, my kids go right to sleep on the monorail, so even going for a few loops around might be an option.

Looks good to me too! We traveled to Disney when my son was 18 months old. We stayed at SSR so traveling on bus was a bit of a chore for us so he just napped in the stroller. we were just there in February and took a minnie van and were told all of them have 2 car seats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!