PLEASE do more Tier List videos

Bushando64

Twitch Streamer & Professional Goof
I just got done watching the Deluxe Resort tier list video and I have to say while I do also enjoy the subjective reviews of the resorts, listing resorts and whatnot in a tiering style for all of the reasons Fiasco listed is phenomenal. Smash Bros, anyone? lol

Ranking things more objectively is definitely a step in the right direction in my opinion so I hope to see more videos like that in the future!
What does everyone else think?

It’s not important but this wasn’t ranking, this was grading. Ryno, even pointed it out about 10 minutes in.. if they can all their theoretically get As aren’t we just grading them? And their averaging was not very precise.
It was fine, I guess it felt already all said before. To be fair I didn’t finish, I got bored part way in.

I like the concept but not sure on the execution of the grading system. When I hear "F" grades for a hotel I think of a rundown roadside motel where you keep your clothes on to avoid skin to sheet contact. They seemed to be grading the resorts on a curve relative to other deluxe resorts though and when you're grading on a curve... it's basically another ranking show.

I'd like them to baseline their ratings based on other resorts around the world. For example, set Courtyard Marriott as a C, Super 8 as a D, etc. That way these grades are useful for people that have never set foot on Disney property.

Didn't agree with Animal Kingdom but video was fine.

AKL is good but the location alone deserves a B rating.

I don't necessarily have a problem with videos like this in general, but I was a bit confused as to why they opted to include dedicated DVC resorts like SSR and OKW after announcing they wouldn't be discussing the DVC of the mixed use resorts.

I like the concept but not sure on the execution of the grading system. When I hear "F" grades for a hotel I think of a rundown roadside motel where you keep your clothes on to avoid skin to sheet contact. They seemed to be grading the resorts on a curve relative to other deluxe resorts though and when you're grading on a curve... it's basically another ranking show.

I'd like them to baseline their ratings based on other resorts around the world. For example, set Courtyard Marriott as a C, Super 8 as a D, etc. That way these grades are useful for people that have never set foot on Disney property.
That is a good point. I appreciated the grading and the way they did it, but it would help if they stated that 'A is top of the line, or a higher standard and D is Econolodge and F is dirty with bugs in the room etc. Maybe that is something they can implement if they do this type of video again.

Last edited:

This is an awesome idea, and would make it much more useful. I enjoyed the tier video, but, was aware it was still quite a subjective grading, so maybe they could have a list of criteria (including a personal preference of theme, but with some standardised things.)

Didn't agree with Animal Kingdom but video was fine.

AKL is good but the location alone deserves a B rating.
Definitely agree. Pete or others on the show may not care about proximity to the parks, but I'd say at least 75% of the WDW guests do.

Also I was surprised about the Beach and yacht getting C's. That being said I loved the video idea. Hope they make more! Good job Fiasco

I don’t see any value in a tier list that only serves the purpose of confirming that deluxe hotels at WDW aren’t roach motels. In that type of list, every single deluxe would be A tier and there would be no meaningful distinction.

I don’t see any value in a tier list that only serves the purpose of confirming that deluxe hotels at WDW aren’t roach motels. In that type of list, every single deluxe would be A tier and there would be no meaningful distinction.
Maybe, but, maybe in comparative grading against amenities in non WDW hotels, we would see the deluxe category actually do quite badly, which can compare to x or y external criteria for actual deluxness? Do some more than others provide such a thing?

Make it a 1-10 scale then and allow first decimal point? I dunno, I just see what they did to be no different than a ranking show and with a reference scale it could be much more useful to those of us that don't live in Orlando. It'd also allow them to compare moderates and even values on the same scale (as there is some crossover there).

To be honest, the bigger thing I'm frustrated with is dining as their ranking shows make it sounds like some of the options are horrible and some are can't miss. My experience with Disney dining (especially quick service) is it's all shades of gray apart and the top/bottom restaurants would be within 1 point of each other on a 10 point scale.

The difference is that they are recognizing that there are certain hotels that are really all equal and it is down to personal preference. Rather that say Contemporary is the 5th best they can say it is a B tier. I think just plain rankings can be deceptive in that way.

I don’t think having moderates and values in the same scale as deluxe is valuable. What is attractive and worthwhile is completely different. I think if you have made the decision to look at value resorts then you want a granular evaluation of those options and not how they compare to hotels that is 5x more expensive. At least that is how I feel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!