Please explain Animation Courtyard M&G

Chrislovesdisney

DIS Veteran
as many times as I’ve been to Disney, next year will be my first time with preschoolers in tow. The Disney Jr. character M&Gs are a MUST for us. I see almost nothing mentioned about the setup at Animation Courtyard and about the waits. Are all of the selected characters there pretty much the whole day, and if so, is it one line we wait in, receiving-line-style, or multiple lines like Fairytale hall? Or do they rotate in for like an hour each and I need to follow a times guide? Should I expect to waste my whole day in line or are these relatively unpopular? We will be there mid-August. Any help is appreciated to help plan our day!

Multiple lines. First time we went there my kids raced out of the Disney Jr show and were first in line for both Sofia and Jake. The second time they took their sweet ole time and we spent maybe 10-15 waiting for Sofia (the other kid bailed to go get beverages). I really doubt it'll waste your whole day - its a very targeted audience for this (not a lot of nostalgic adults waiting for Sofia for example) so lines never seem to build much. That courtyard area is also where Little Mermaid lets out. I think the new Disney Jr show will be running then also. So - when the shows let out expect longer lines, but its still pretty manageable.

(BTW - that first year we got some pretty fun pics. Sofia did some twirling and Jake did some cool poses with the kids)

The lines really aren't all that bad, they are considerably worse after a Disney Junior show lets out so keep that in mind. All of the lines are separate, so you can meet as many or as few as you would like. The lines are outside, under cover, but still outside, so this might be a factor in August. The characters are there from fairly early morning to early evening(I believe 5-6pm roughly) with breaks as needed for 5 minutes or so. If Disney Junior is a big deal for your crew, the Disney Junior breakfast at Hollywood and Vine might be something to consider. The food is quite good and meeting all of the characters in the AC may be worth it. Ours always enjoyed the dance parties in the restaurant with the characters.

The lines really aren't all that bad, they are considerably worse after a Disney Junior show lets out so keep that in mind. All of the lines are separate, so you can meet as many or as few as you would like. The lines are outside, under cover, but still outside, so this might be a factor in August. The characters are there from fairly early morning to early evening(I believe 5-6pm roughly) with breaks as needed for 5 minutes or so. If Disney Junior is a big deal for your crew, the Disney Junior breakfast at Hollywood and Vine might be something to consider. The food is quite good and meeting all of the characters in the AC may be worth it. Ours always enjoyed the dance parties in the restaurant with the characters.

Isn’t the Disney Jr show closed?

The lines really aren't all that bad, they are considerably worse after a Disney Junior show lets out so keep that in mind. All of the lines are separate, so you can meet as many or as few as you would like. The lines are outside, under cover, but still outside, so this might be a factor in August. The characters are there from fairly early morning to early evening(I believe 5-6pm roughly) with breaks as needed for 5 minutes or so. If Disney Junior is a big deal for your crew, the Disney Junior breakfast at Hollywood and Vine might be something to consider. The food is quite good and meeting all of the characters in the AC may be worth it. Ours always enjoyed the dance parties in the restaurant with the characters.[/QUOTE

Thanks - we plan on doing the H&V breakfast as well!

Just got back a few weeks ago and did all four M&Gs (Jake, Sophia, Doc McStuffins, and Pluto).

They are separate lines. They were all 15-20 min each. They are cancelled if there is lightning nearby. They meet from 9:30 am - 6:30 pm.

Jake's last day is Oct.7. Supposedly being replaced by Vampirina.

https://imgur.com/a/mLPwDaD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter