Please explain the difference in buying Rain Forest day pass online versus onboard

I'm guessing most people use their day passes on sea days, so generally speaking, how busy does it get in there on sea days? Is it pretty busy and there are long waits to use the showers and loungers? Do you spend much of your time waiting for stuff to free up?
The sea days can be quite busy and you may be waiting to access a lounger or one of the hot tubs. Our first few cruises we did length of cruise pass for 2, and then calculated only on the longer cruises and as a couples pass does it make sense to do the length of cruise pass. Since then (with the one exception below) we have always bought the single days use PP to cover the days we think we shall use. Even having days left not used at the end of the cruise we have always come out ahead.

One of our last 7-day sailings we again bought the length of cruise on-board thinking we'd see good use of and 3-days into the cruise not having used once keeping ourselves entertained with other on-board activity, we worked out a refund of the on-board purchase with the spa manager with the credit being used for a couples massage. Since then, it is solely day passes for us.

I am intrigued by the Rainforest Room single day passes. We've never tried it and are heading on the WBTA in September. I suggested to my husband that we buy two passes each and explained to him how it works. He is game so I am going to order them. If he goes once and decides he doesn't like it, that's three passes for me. :cool1:

We will be on the same sailing and as well will be doing the single day passes. Figure with the number of sea days we actually may use all the day passes we buy.

We will be on the same sailing and as well will be doing the single day passes. Figure with the number of sea days we actually may use all the day passes we buy.

Hi, we were on the WBTA this past September. We both used the Rainforest Room passes that we pre-purchased. My one regret was waiting until nearly the end to use our last pass because it was a bit busy in there that day.

I purchased 4 single day passes this morning via telephone. It did take a while for the customer service person to find what I was asking for, but it was accomplished eventually.

I cannot figure out why buying multiple single day passes is often cheaper then buying a length of cruise pass? They are asking you to pay more to guarantee you access each day? Has anyone ever been told they couldn't enter the Rainforest Room using a pre purchased? One Day pass because it was to busy? I know some length of cruise passes come with scrubs, but even if you get the pass without the scrubs, it still seems they charge more per day. Am I doing the math wrong?

I cannot figure out why buying multiple single day passes is often cheaper then buying a length of cruise pass? They are asking you to pay more to guarantee you access each day? Has anyone ever been told they couldn't enter the Rainforest Room using a pre purchased? One Day pass because it was to busy?
I bought a single day pass for our cruise that we sailed on 2 weeks ago, and had no problem using it. It wasn't busy at all, though (hint: the spa is completely dead on Castaway Cay morning). It would be a customer service disaster for them to deny admittance to someone who had prepurchased a pass- I really can't imagine DCL doing that. I didn't pay for "possible entry" when I prepuchased that pass- I paid for entry.

I'm sure they charge more on the ship just because they can. Many guests probably have never heard of the Rainforest Room before they even board the ship, so think of pre-pay as a sort of discount to get some guaranteed business in advance, rather than thinking of the cruise price as containing a surcharge.

Hello all,

Quick question. Scrubs? Are these the bathrobes and slippers that used to always be included or something different?

Thanks,
Jason

Hello all,

Quick question. Scrubs? Are these the bathrobes and slippers that used to always be included or something different?

Thanks,
Jason
Scrubs are like a grainy soap that you use in the shower. They are great for your skin! There is an extra charge for them. It’s optional.

My experience with the Spa Robes made me never want to wear them again. Ripped torn, scratched and generally nasty. Anyone had any experience wearing their own robe up to the spa and back to their room?

I've been to the rainforest room on the Fantasy and the jacuzzis overlook the ocean. Is it the same on the Wonder or is it all enclosed? We'll be on the Feb 11th cruise.

The Wonder doesn't have any jacuzzis/hot tubs in the Rainforest room. You have several steam rooms, the sense showers, and heated tile chairs.

What exactly is the rainforest room? Is it steamers, lounge chairs and hot tubs? I've never been to the spa on Disney. I'm planning to spend a lot of time on the Fantasy for my honeymoon instead of getting off the ship. Would it be a good idea to get this pass?

The Rainforest room is an adults only area located inside the Senses Spa. To use it you can pay for a daily pass or a length of cruise pass. The pass allows you all day access to the Rainforest Room. Each ship is a little different (less so after recent Dry Docks) but the gist is the area has several different Saunas at different temperatures/moisture levels and some have scents (think eucalyptus). There are also enclosed but not private showers with different temperatures and pressures. Some have sounds/scents associated with them. There are lounges to relax in (the heated tile ones are amazing). It's generally a great play to relax and unwind.The classic ships do not have hot tubs but the Dream class ships do. It always reminds me of a Roman Bath without the pools. If it's something you enjoy, you could get couples passes for the length of cruise and enjoy. Note it is not a private area, and other guests will use it at the same time you do. Swimsuit required type of deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter