Please Explain!!

Gaboo414

Earning My Ears
So I'm about to purchase the following transfer points. But before I do I need everyone's opinions. I've been reading that you cant transfer borrowed points. So how is it that they are being advertised for transfer? Please help. I dont want to end up purchasing something fake.

[Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows

50 x2 (100 total) points available for transfer only. Must take either 50 or all 100.

$16.50 per point.

March, 2019 Use Year: can be used between now and 2/28/2021.

March, 2020 Use Year: can be used 3/1/20 - 2/28/2022.

PayPal for Payment. No additional fees.]

Edited to remove contact information

Last edited by a moderator:
Since the DVC Rent/Trade Board is not a discussion forum your question has been moved to our DVC Member Services forum.

To answer your question, there is no indication above that these points have been borrowed. You are correct that borrowed (or banked) points may not be transferred to another member. These appear to be current points from the March, 2019 Use Year and also from the March, 2020 Use Year.

Once transferred into your account the 2019 points must be used by the end of February, 2020 and the 2020 points must be used by the end of February, 2021 - HOWEVER, once in your account, they may be banked for an additional year of use with an expiration date of the end of February, 2021 and 2022 respectively.

Transferred points will retain their original Home Resort status and Use Year (month and year). At this time, the March, 2019 points may be transferred to any DVC Member. The March, 2020 points may be transferred to anyone currently in their 2019 Use Year but not to anyone still in their 2018 Use Year.

DVC Points may be transferred from/to the current and next Use Year. At this time those with February, March, April, June, and August Use Years are in their 2019 Use Year. As of today, those with September, October and December Use Years are still in their 2018 Use Year and can accept 2019 points into their 2019 Use Year but not points from the 2020 Use Year. They could transfer from/to another Member's 2018 Use Year. Those in their 2019 Use Year can no longer accept (or transfer) points from a 2018 Use Year.

You might also want to verify with the DVC Member offering this transfer to you that these points are indeed current from the March, 2019 Use Year. (Your post was edited to remove contact information.)

I hope this helps.

While you can banked "transferred" points once you receive them, keep in mind, you can't borrow from "transferred" points to make a reservation.

So, if you get March 2020 UY points, you can't borrow from it to make a reservation between now and Feb. 2020, your reservation must be on or after March 1st, 2020.

Great3

Last edited:
While you can banked "transferred" points once you receive them, keep in mind, you can't borrow from "transferred" points to make a reservation.

So, if you get March 2020 UY points, you can't borrow from it to make a reservation between now and Feb. 2020, your reservation must be on or after March 1st, 2020.

Great3
Thanks
My reservation would be during june 2020

Thanks
My reservation would be during june 2020

Right.

So you could receive a transfer of current Mar 2020 UY pts and use them to book a stay for June 2020. Keep in mind that the points are "current" based on the dates of your stay, not today's calendar date. Mar 2020 UY pts are valid for stays from March 1, 2020 to February 28, 2021 (which includes June 2020). You could also bank them into the 2021 UY if needed.

No problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter