Please forgive a sort of Newbie question - Fast Passes two different parks

I459WDW

Mouseketeer
I'm not a newbie, but haven't been paying attention to Fastpass for awhile. If I go to AK in the morning to catch a Avatar Fastpass ride, and maybe use up the other two there as well. Can I go to Epcot for the evening and get any more Fastpasses? (probably none left by that time?) Or is it still one park per day?

OK - I read through the Fast Pass thread, and I couldn't quite find this - I know the first 3 have to be in the same park so I WILL have to use all 3 in AK...but after that can I book Epcot? Soooo sorry if this question was there and I couldn't find it!!! Maybe someone could share a link if it is answered.

Yes, after you scan your third FP, you can immediately use the app to look for a fourth FP in any park. After you scan that fourth one, you can search for a fifth, etc, etc.

As soon as you use your 3 in AK, you can book your 4th FP at any park. You can book as soon as you tap in at your 3rd FP.

Alternatively, you could use your 1st FP for Avatar, then switch or book your other 2 FP in another park if you don't feel like you need them at AK. We've done this several times before at Epcot where we really only need FP for Test Track or Soarin' (whichever we don't rope drop). That way we get to pick 2 FP earlier in the day for our afternoon park.

As soon as you use your 3 in AK, you can book your 4th FP at any park. You can book as soon as you tap in at your 3rd FP.

Alternatively, you could use your 1st FP for Avatar, then switch or book your other 2 FP in another park if you don't feel like you need them at AK. We've done this several times before at Epcot where we really only need FP for Test Track or Soarin' (whichever we don't rope drop). That way we get to pick 2 FP earlier in the day for our afternoon park.

Ok - so forgive me but let me make sure I understand. I COULD book only one FB at my 60 day window, and not the other two - and then the day/morning I use Avatar, once I use it, I could book two Epcot ones. Don't NEED to switch, can just book?

Ok - so forgive me but let me make sure I understand. I COULD book only one FB at my 60 day window, and not the other two - and then the day/morning I use Avatar, once I use it, I could book two Epcot ones. Don't NEED to switch, can just book?

Yes, you could absolutely do that.

Make sure to start looking as soon as you tap into the attraction, unless the line is moving too quickly to do the app as you walk. As soon as I tap in for the last ride before I can make a new FP, I pull out my phone and start looking. Sometimes, as soon as I get off the ride, I am walking to the next FP and right through the FP line.

The best for me was January 2017, my cousin and I did EE six times in a row basically already being in the time frame for our next EE FP before we finished the first ride. This was later in the day were we had probably already done about 6 or 7 FPs at other parks since we did 2-3 parks each day that trip.

@1459WDW - There are a couple things to note that I'm not sure are mentioned in the FP thread or not. They may be, but just stuff I have noticed happening. Never cancel a FP. While it seems the polite and courteous thing to do, so others could use it, if you cancel it, you may not be able to book any more than 3 FPs for that day. I have personally had this happen. If you're not going to use a FP, just let the time pass, without canceling. It's horrible that the app behaves this way.

Also, if you have have "anytime" FPs put on your account for whatever reason, you will not be allowed to book further FPs, after the first 3, until these are used. It stinks because we wanted to save them for the next day, as they were good for two days, but couldn't book any new ones until they were used. These are usually put on your account as compensation for inconveniences that happen, such as your bands not unlocking your room, etc.

@1459WDW - There are a couple things to note that I'm not sure are mentioned in the FP thread or not. They may be, but just stuff I have noticed happening. Never cancel a FP. While it seems the polite and courteous thing to do, so others could use it, if you cancel it, you may not be able to book any more than 3 FPs for that day. I have personally had this happen. If you're not going to use a FP, just let the time pass, without canceling. It's horrible that the app behaves this way.

Also, if you have have "anytime" FPs put on your account for whatever reason, you will not be allowed to book further FPs, after the first 3, until these are used. It stinks because we wanted to save them for the next day, as they were good for two days, but couldn't book any new ones until they were used. These are usually put on your account as compensation for inconveniences that happen, such as your bands not unlocking your room, etc.

Oh thank you! That's such good info!

We have had a different experience with anytime FP, we have had them on several occasions (unfortunately) and we have always been able to book 4th/5th etc despite the anytime FP.

OT - (still) but I would caution someone who has an anytime FP+ to be cautious of the grace period with your pre-booked FP+, if your in the grace period it will use your anytime vs your pre-booked.

We have had a different experience with anytime FP, we have had them on several occasions (unfortunately) and we have always been able to book 4th/5th etc despite the anytime FP.

OT - (still) but I would caution someone who has an anytime FP+ to be cautious of the grace period with your pre-booked FP+, if your in the grace period it will use your anytime vs your pre-booked.

I agree with the second statement. Don't let it steal your FPs like that!

On the first statement, it just happened to us on January 31st this year, for the first time. We were just there in November and don't remember it being an issue then. Not sure if they changed it, or if it just didn't come up during our November trip. I know we were given some anytime FPs due to no hot water during that time, but can't remember if we tried to schedule additional FPs with them or not.

If a Guest receives an “Anytime FP,” it should be treated as a “Bonus” FP. It doesn’t take the place of one of the initial 3 FPs, it stands alone as a Bonus.

The FP for the ride that was “downed” must be re-booked and used to be able to eventually book FP#4 and so on...while still saving the Anytime Bonus FP.

Here are the park hopping steps from the FP FAQ Addendum Sticky at the Top of this forum page:

PARK HOPPING

Booking a FP+ for another park while in the first park:

(test credit to @marciemi)

When 3 FP+ are booked for Park #1:
With the new updates to the FP+ system as of April 2016, in addition to booking your 4th FP+ of the day on your phone (instead of a kiosk), you can now book FP+ for a different park than the one you’re in. If you have booked 3 FP+ for the first park, as soon as you scan at the first touchpoint to get in the FP+ line for your third FP+, you can then make a 4th FP+, either for the same park, or for another park. Be sure to allow yourself enough travel time for travel between parks when selecting your time.

When_2 or less FP+ are booked for Park #1:
Additionally, the new changes allow you to book fewer than three FP+ and once you scan the first FP+ (from within the first park), you can at that point make FP+ selections for a different park, even if you still have a FP+ remaining in the first park.

This can be especially helpful for Tiered parks – if for example you wish to hit Epcot at rope drop, use only a Tier 1 FP+ and then still have 2 more FP+ for another park later in the day.

Additionally, there is no restriction on Tier requirements BETWEEN PARKS during one day. So if you use a Tier 1 at Epcot you can then book a second Tier 1 at HS immediately upon scanning – Also, you can even book your remaining two FP+ at two different parks if you would like!

NOTE: Splitting FP+ between parks or booking for another park can NOT be done until the same day, AFTER you have already scanned your card/MB at the first FP+ Mickey head to “prove” to the system that you’re in a park.

You cannot book for 2 different parks in advance or even on the same day until you have scanned your first FP+ (not just gotten into the park).

The FP for the ride that was “downed” must be re-booked and used to be able to eventually book FP#4 and so on...while still saving the Anytime Bonus FP.

That's how it's supposed to work, and used to work. Sure didn't work like that for us earlier this year. :sad2:

I really hope it was just a system glitch that day. It totally caught me off guard.

Last edited:
That's how it's supposed to work, and used to work. Sure didn't work like that for us earlier this year. :sad2:
When others have reported the same scenario, after discussion they realized they never re-booked the downed FP which causes the problem in Tiered parks. If a Tier 2 was downed, it has to be re-booked and used before a 2nd Tier 1 can be booked at what they “thought” was FP#4 but in reality they were trying to book a 2nd Tier 1 as only FP#3.

When others have reported the same scenario, after discussion they realized they never re-booked the downed FP which causes the problem in Tiered parks. If a Tier 2 was downed, it has to be re-booked and used before a 2nd Tier 1 can be booked at what they “thought” was FP#4 but in reality they were trying to book a 2nd Tier 1 as only FP#3.

That is an absolute possibility. Glad to hear it as I was very disappointed at the time and prepared to adjust accordingly if we get any in the future.

What about the canceling of FPs? Does that always mess things up? It sure did for us.

Canceling shouldn’t affect additional FP booking. With the original FP system, Canceling a FP was a loss of the FP AND the ability to rebook the FP.

The current FP system allows for Canceling especially to open up a slot to book for another park. If your Canceling messed up additional FP booking, it was probably a glitch on that day. If staying in the same park, Modify is the best thing to do to change a FP.

If hopping, Canceling is the only means of seeing what’s available in the “next” Park. In the past, CMs at the kiosks can clear out FPs on the account if they were still showing after using or canceling. But if a glitch interferes with your FP plans, if you have time you should stop by Guest Relations...appeasement FPs are their first offer of Guest Recovery. :)

If hopping, Canceling is the only means of seeing what’s available in the “next” Park. In the past, CMs at the kiosks can clear out FPs on the account if they were still showing after using or canceling. But if a glitch interferes with your FP plans, if you have time you should stop by Guest Relations...appeasement FPs are their first offer of Guest Recovery. :)

Thank you for the info! That's exactly when it happened. We were on a bus, headed for another park and canceled first park's 3rd FP to see the park we were in route to. I thought it was just a change. If it happens again, I will head straight to guest services. I was really bothered by this one considering there were probably lots of people that may want to use that canceled FP. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter