Please give me your opinion on replacing this item.

kidzmom3

<font color=green>DIS Veteran</font><br><font colo
i am the brownie leader of a small troop that meets in our local civic center. The civic center kindly allows us use without payment. They recently bought new folding tables. The association is very small, and often struggles financially. The hall is very small and they have trouble renting it out. Also, few people volunteer, so it is difficult for them. Recently, while setting up one of the new tables. The leg seperated from the table. I was not doing anything unusual. No one had sat or leaned against the table. It just came apart. I did not immediately contact them, but I did put a note on it and placed it in the kitchen. I should have contacted them. I was at fault in that respect. Well, they call today and say I must replace it for $55. We do not have the money, but will have it once the cookie money comes in. Do you think it is unreasonable for me to try to have the company it was bought from replace it? If they will not, do you think I should just suck it up and pay? I want the girls to learn responsability, but honestly, we did nothing to cause the breakage. I think the next person who set it up, it would have happened to. Thanks for any advice.

Here is my opinion...

Ask the civic center if contacting the manufacturer of the table and asking for a replacement is an acceptable option. If not, I would buy another table to replace it. Another option is to help the girls come up with a way to raise the money together to replace the table, good learning opportunity for them. You can consider it the troop's contribution to the civic center for allowing you to use the facility at no cost.

I'm not familiar with Girl Scouts/Brownies, but my oldest son was involved in Boy Scouts and it was nearly impossible to find a place to hold the meetings. Even our school wouldn't allow us to use their facilities (big story behind that decision). The boys were practically outcasts and that's when my son, along with many other boys, dropped out of BSA. It was a real shame...:(

I would definatly call the company. Tell the person who called you what happened and see if they still have the order number or receipt or whatever from buying them and see what the company says. It never hurts to ask and they should have at least a year warranty on them. If that does no good they yes I would probably suck it up and pay it. I wouldn't like it, but I would pay it.

I agree with Rita and Beth. The table shouldn't have broken that easily. Hopefully the organization has some kind of receipt. If that doesn't work out, you're probably going to have to replace it though. :(

thanks, thats what I thought, but I just didn't want to spend the money. But I guess we can look at it as a donation to a good cause.

I'd ask the center for contact info for the replacement. Then ask the company to donate that replacement in trade for cookies!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter