Please help figure out dining rotation Fantasy Eastern

Lyn-CA

DIS Veteran
Calling all DCL experts and veterans. DH, 7-year old DS and myself are sailing November 4th and I would like to request a dining rotation. First off, what would be the themes on those nights, i.e., formal, pirates, princess, etc?

I only have experience on the 3 night Dream which was pretty straightforward because we only had 3 dinners and there were 3 MDRS and 3 shows. Now we have 7 dinners and would like to pick the rotation that would be most conducive to our plans as follows:

- we would like to see all 3 Broadway type shows after the MDR dinners
- we would like to see Crush and animation at AP
- we would like to be at Royal Court on formal night if possible
- we don't want to miss lobster night whenever that is
- we would like to schedule both Palo and Remy dinners on nights without the Broadway type shows
- we don't know yet whether we want to miss Pirate night over Palo or Remy

Please suggest the closest rotation that would best accommodate all of the above.

Thanks in advance as always.

Calling all DCL experts and veterans. DH, 7-year old DS and myself are sailing November 4th and I would like to request a dining rotation. First off, what would be the themes on those nights, i.e., formal, pirates, princess, etc?

I only have experience on the 3 night Dream which was pretty straightforward because we only had 3 dinners and there were 3 MDRS and 3 shows. Now we have 7 dinners and would like to pick the rotation that would be most conducive to our plans as follows:

- we would like to see all 3 Broadway type shows after the MDR dinners
- we would like to see Crush and animation at AP
- we would like to be at Royal Court on formal night if possible
- we don't want to miss lobster night whenever that is
- we would like to schedule both Palo and Remy dinners on nights without the Broadway type shows
- we don't know yet whether we want to miss Pirate night over Palo or Remy

Please suggest the closest rotation that would best accommodate all of the above.

Thanks in advance as always.
Wow, you're asking us to do a lot of research.

-the production shows are typically on night 2 (Aladdin); 6 (Wishes); and 7 (Believe). But have been 2(Aladdin); 3(Wishes); and 6(Believe).
-Crush is the first time you are in Animator's and Animation is the last time. (if you have Animator's 3X, the second time there is Pirate night).
-formal night is night 2; semi-formal night 6
-lobster is on the Captain's Gala menu. Possibly formal night (night 2). Or semi-formal (night 6).
-non-production show nights: 1, 3, 4, and 5. Maybe.
-personally, I'd recommend giving all the dining rooms/menus a chance on the first cruise. Then you can make your own decision as to what to miss for the next cruise. You'll find everyone has their own opinion as to what to miss for Palo/Remy dinner. I prefer Palo brunch.

You need to also be aware that actual menu/show nights can vary from cruise to cruise, depending a number of factors.

The rotations on the Eastern carribbean cruises is 1231231:
RAERAER
AERAERA
ERAERAE

And, generally, this is the menu rotation (again, not always).
Night 1 - Rotation menu /Crush if in AP
Night 2 - Rotation menu [formal night] /Crush if in AP
Night 3 - Rotation menu /Crush if in AP
Night 4 - Pirate menu
Night 5 - Prince & Princess menu / Animation Magic if in AP
Night 6 - Captain's Gala [semiformal night] / Animation Magic if in AP
Night 7 - See You Real Soon menu / Animation Magic if in AP

Last edited:
It sounds like you want ERAERAE for formal night. Captain's Gala (Lobster) would then coincide with Animation Magic.
Otherwise, I agree with PrincessShmoo. You'd probably want to do Palo/Remy on one of the Enchanted Garden nights, but I also prefer brunch.

It sounds like you want ERAERAE for formal night. Captain's Gala (Lobster) would then coincide with Animation Magic.
Otherwise, I agree with PrincessShmoo. You'd probably want to do Palo/Remy on one of the Enchanted Garden nights, but I also prefer brunch.
And I'll point out, while you'll still have the lobster option for the entree on Animation night, the appetizers/soups have no choice. They have only one option for both of those.

Wow, you're asking us to do a lot of research.

I apologize PrincessShmoo. It was not my intent to over burden anyone. I was really hoping someone has planned something similar and would be willing to share. But thank you for all the info you did provide - always helpful.

Hello! I am going on an Eastern Caribbean Cruise on the Fantasy and I too have been trying to be strategic in what nights we dine where. I plan on having most of our breakfasts and lunches at the Royal Court so I may not mind only being there twice for dinner. And we are so excited to see the AP show since on our previous two Dream cruises they didn't offer that. I completely was planning on a Palo brunch but my problem is tucking in a Remy dinner. I took a peek online at the menus posted for the Prince and Princess dinner and it doesn't grab me at all however the Captain's dinner definitely did. So I already know that the Prince and Princess dinner is the one to miss. I would happily duck out of the Pirate's one if my ten year old would not be devastated to hear me say that!!! So I was looking at all the dinner menus and I peeked at the See ya real soon and the same person who had posted that also posted a picture of the AP Animation Magic menu, which got me thinking..... So if you are scheduled for AP on Nights 5, 6 or 7 there is a specialized menu for those nights in the other two restaurants, but do you not get those same menus because you are having the Animation Magic menu? For instance, if it was night 7, and we were in AP, would we be served the See ya real soon menu or the Animation Magic Menu? The only reason I think there is a separate menu is because of the picture of the menu that I just saw posted. If there are indeed two different menus then I think I would want to have the schedule of AP on night 5 since that Prince and Princess Menu just doesn't do it for me. I hope I haven't talked in circles!!!

I'm completely and utterly the opposite. I like being surprised by my dining rotation. Then again, I've never done dinner in Palo or Remy (I tend to favor brunch and the Remy dessert thing.)

Hello! I am going on an Eastern Caribbean Cruise on the Fantasy and I too have been trying to be strategic in what nights we dine where. I plan on having most of our breakfasts and lunches at the Royal Court so I may not mind only being there twice for dinner. And we are so excited to see the AP show since on our previous two Dream cruises they didn't offer that. I completely was planning on a Palo brunch but my problem is tucking in a Remy dinner. I took a peek online at the menus posted for the Prince and Princess dinner and it doesn't grab me at all however the Captain's dinner definitely did. So I already know that the Prince and Princess dinner is the one to miss. I would happily duck out of the Pirate's one if my ten year old would not be devastated to hear me say that!!! So I was looking at all the dinner menus and I peeked at the See ya real soon and the same person who had posted that also posted a picture of the AP Animation Magic menu, which got me thinking..... So if you are scheduled for AP on Nights 5, 6 or 7 there is a specialized menu for those nights in the other two restaurants, but do you not get those same menus because you are having the Animation Magic menu? For instance, if it was night 7, and we were in AP, would we be served the See ya real soon menu or the Animation Magic Menu? The only reason I think there is a separate menu is because of the picture of the menu that I just saw posted. If there are indeed two different menus then I think I would want to have the schedule of AP on night 5 since that Prince and Princess Menu just doesn't do it for me. I hope I haven't talked in circles!!!
The difference in the menu on the Animation show nights isn't a lot. You still "get" the same menu that the other dining rooms are having, BUT, the appetizer/soup selection is set, you don't get to chose from different options.

That is, the appetizer is only one thing. And the soup is only one soup. But you still get to select between the regular entree offerings.

Dessert is pared down, also. Like only 3 offerings.

This, originally, was done to streamline the order taking/serving process since the powers that be at DCL felt that the time necessary to explain and collect the drawings would extend the whole dining process, if people still had to make choices in those two courses.

I think Shmoo did a great job summarizing everything but the only thing I would add is I would personally recommend skipping the pirate menu (night 4) and scheduling your Palo/Remy meal that night. I don't think you'd miss much with that. But everyone has their own preferences. :)

I think Shmoo did a great job summarizing everything but the only thing I would add is I would personally recommend skipping the pirate menu (night 4) and scheduling your Palo/Remy meal that night. I don't think you'd miss much with that. But everyone has their own preferences. :)

I have read several posts suggesting the same. Is it because of the pirate menu itself? Limited choices?

After two cruises with the Pirate Night, and I am not really a big fan of the pirate show or the Pirates of the Caribbean Movies I really wouldn't mind skipping the Pirate Night and doing a lovely meal with my hubby. Can I just say that we NEVER get a date night??? But the last time we did the dream we actually dressed up a bit for the Pirate night with some costume garb and my son was a tad older, he turned 8 on the cruise, verses his other cruise he was 6. He just loved it. And of course now that he is 10 we are letting him watch the Pirates movies so you can only imagine the mutiny (yes, I had to throw the pun in there) that we'd face if we'd skip this night. Sigh. I don't really care for the loud stage show but I think I am going to order a drink with some flashing glow toy in it and just dive in and celebrate with him. He is only a kid once pirate: Thanks so much for the info everyone, especially Princess Schmoo!!

I have read several posts suggesting the same. Is it because of the pirate menu itself? Limited choices?
Many people, after the novelty of the Pirate night activities wears off, find it "same old/same old". Also, the old pirate menu didn't thrill a lot of people. The Pirate menu was changed in the last year or so, so there are different offerings. You can check out the various menus here: http://disneycruiselineblog.com/menus/ for an idea of what sorts of things are on them.

Personally, I've not gotten tired of the main dining rooms/menus yet (yes, after 11 cruises). So we still eat in the dining room for Pirate night.

Princess Shmoo, I noticed that you have cruised Alaska. Have you gone on the Wonder, and if so have you any plans to go now that it has been updated? We are planning out our next few and the Wonder definitely is on the bucket list although I have heard mixed reviews after the remodel on the job that was done. After this Caribbean cruise, the following year we planned to do Canada from NY, then the following fall do Disneyland for a few days then flay to Aulani (no cruise, just a trip with a too much flyiing...) and then the following year we thought we would get around to Alaska. About that same time I believe new a new ship will be coming out too which I am so curious to find out more on. I wonder where it will travel too and what will be offered on board. By then our son will be too old for the Kids Clubs/Lab and will have to be in the Edge or Vibe. Always get confused which is which. It's hard to sell him on them when flying the Millenium Falcon is so cool or learning Mind Tricks from Doctor Strange... I hope these pre-teen and teen clubs are every bit as engaging as the younger clubs that visually are so amazing. He is ten now so only a little more time in these fantastic clubs!

Princess Shmoo, I noticed that you have cruised Alaska. Have you gone on the Wonder, and if so have you any plans to go now that it has been updated? We are planning out our next few and the Wonder definitely is on the bucket list although I have heard mixed reviews after the remodel on the job that was done. After this Caribbean cruise, the following year we planned to do Canada from NY, then the following fall do Disneyland for a few days then flay to Aulani (no cruise, just a trip with a too much flyiing...) and then the following year we thought we would get around to Alaska. About that same time I believe new a new ship will be coming out too which I am so curious to find out more on. I wonder where it will travel too and what will be offered on board. By then our son will be too old for the Kids Clubs/Lab and will have to be in the Edge or Vibe. Always get confused which is which. It's hard to sell him on them when flying the Millenium Falcon is so cool or learning Mind Tricks from Doctor Strange... I hope these pre-teen and teen clubs are every bit as engaging as the younger clubs that visually are so amazing. He is ten now so only a little more time in these fantastic clubs!
No, we've done Alaska on Holland America. I don't care for the DCL itineraries very much. The time in port is fairly short, and they don't "do" Glacier Bay.

We do plan to sail on the Wonder at some point, just not right now.

The new ships will most likely be tied to Port Canaveral for a couple of years after they enter service. Don't know that for sure, however.

Edge - ages 11-14; Vibe - ages 14-17. Open House in the other clubs is always an option.

Exactly. Pirate Night is fun (for us, at least) and the new Pirate Menu has a few interesting items (we liked the samosas and they had a really good banana/cake dessert), but overall it's not appealing to us. You can see it for yourself by googling it. It's posted on several sites.

I know this is a relatively old thread but wondering what the rotation ended up being. There was information that the Captain's Gala was likely nearer to the end of the cruise with the first three nights being Standard Rotational. From the few Navigators I've found for Eastern cruises in 2017, it looks like they moved Captain's Gala to night two. I'm trying to decide when to book Palo. I'm taking a first time cruiser and don't want to deny him Pirate Night (which is when mom and I did Remy on the Dream).

Thanks
Tara

Last edited:
What is the show in Animator's Palate like for the second show on Fantasy? Is it similar to what it is on the Magic? I hated that short menu and would probably pick that night to go to Remy, unless the show is a lot different.

What is the show in Animator's Palate like for the second show on Fantasy? Is it similar to what it is on the Magic? I hated that short menu and would probably pick that night to go to Remy, unless the show is a lot different.
It's the Drawn to the Magic show. Just like on the Magic. And the abbreviated menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter