• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please help...I'm searched-out

Momto4

PB4WEGO
It's been several years since we've been to the World, but finally we are going back to celebrate my daughter's graduation. All of my searches have kinda' danced around my questions without quite hitting the nail on the head. Would some kind soul please help me out with these? :)

1. We have a 9:20 ADR for California Grill on a 10:00 fireworks night. Will be be seated by 10:00 ... yes, maybe or keep dreaming?

2. When I press the "What are you celebrating" button when making an online ADR, exactly what am I doing ... have I just ordered a 6-inch cake for $21?

Thank you so much!

It's been several years since we've been to the World, but finally we are going back to celebrate my daughter's graduation. All of my searches have kinda' danced around my questions without quite hitting the nail on the head. Would some kind soul please help me out with these? :)

1. We have a 9:20 ADR for California Grill on a 10:00 fireworks night. Will be be seated by 10:00 ... yes, maybe or keep dreaming?

2. When I press the "What are you celebrating" button when making an online ADR, exactly what am I doing ... have I just ordered a 6-inch cake for $21?

Thank you so much!

You should be fine! Just get there early around 9:00 or a little after. We loved California Grill and the fireworks! It was very special.

Oh, I don't know about part 2. I would probably call the cake hot line number. I can't recall the number off hand. Maybe someone on the DIS has it handy. Anyway, I think you are supposed to call the cake hot line number and tell them the restaurant and time and the specifics for the cake and they will make all of the arrangements for you.

Thank you so much!

1) maybe, but no guarantees. Once you're checked in & waiting upstairs, though, whether or not you've been seated you will be allowed to go out on the viewing deck & watch Wishes (even if you've been seated at a table with no view, you can still take a break from meal & watch Wishes.)

2) you're not ordering anything...they'll just make a note of what you're celebrating, which may or may not result in "pixie dust". Sometimes they'll bring a special cupcake, or the chef will put a special "congrats" or "happy Birthday" on a dessert that you order. Or maybe Mickey confetti on your table. Or maybe just have the staff tell you Congrats when you check in. Or maybe nothing will happen. But you're not paying for anything or specifically ordering anything.

Whew!! Thanks everyone. Feeling better about the whole thing. These boards are incredible. I know that tons of people just show up at the gates and for them, ignorance can be bliss... but for me...:cool2: oh the joy of an informed decision!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter