{please help} may be getting to go where it all started!!

disneydude365

In dreams you will lose your heartaches
ok, so last night my friend told me she's wanting to see diamond celebration at Disneyland before it's over and asked if I wanted to go she got me a great deal on flight 30$ from Atlanta Ga-L.A!!
So it looks like I may be going somewhere I never dreamed of getting the chance to do I'm very excited but have a few questions as I'm WDW pro and DL virgin
How can I find Peter Pan
How does the disability work as I'm used to WDW procedure
Edit* world of color edit* or fireworks over the castle
Those are too questions and any advice about DL is welcome!!

Last edited:
Peter Pan: Ask at City Hall to see if they can help you find him. Could try using the Disneyland App too if you have a Smart Phone

Disability: Again, ask at City Hall and they can give specifics depending on your situation. Generally this involves checking in at a ride and then coming back in a time that about equals the wait time when you first checked in.

You can probably do both Paint the Night and Fireworks over the Castle if you are will to stake out a spot.

Have fun!

Download the Disneyland App and it will show you where the characters are located. We were there in May and met Peter Pan and Captain Hook right next to Dumbo, first thing in the morning. Zero wait.

If you stake out a spot early enough in the evening along Main Street for the parade, just move into the middle of the street and watch the fireworks over the castle. That way you get awesome views of both.

Also, this post is super informative for WDW vets:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/a-dlr-guide-for-wdw-vets.1162599/

There is a sticky on the disabilities board that explains how the DAS pass works and how and to who it is issued. Read that the first couple of pages of that. Ask your disability related questions there (and always make it clear you are taking about Disneyland as opposed to WORLD. If you ask here, you might not be getting the best answers (or you might be, but there is really no way to tell).

I'm sorry everyone I messed up it wasn't fireworks or paint the night it was fire works or world of color

I've seen him at the front entrance, as well as wandering around by the Peter Pan ride in Fantasyland. Usually, he's with Wendy.

Seriously - lots of characters just roam around at Disneyland as opposed to WDW where they kinda camp out in the same spots.

And for me, I prefer World of Color to the Fireworks. Fireworks are cool and all, and the soundtrack is nice - but World of Color is just ... amazing. An experience with all the feels.

Last edited:

I don't think Peter Pan is a scheduled character. I've seen him randomly roaming around Fantasy land and we got a selfie once. I have also seen him out front briefly. He doesn't have a designated spot to be at.

The current fireworks show for the 60th is the second best I've seen at Disneyland, behind the Halloween ones. I would definitely watch those from Main Street over World of Color. We just went Sunday to see them for our last time and I miss them already.

We have seen Peter Pan twice, once in Pixie hollow and once right where you enter the park (basically opposite of the fire hall.

When the app started displaying times this morning around 10:40, Peter Pan was listed 4 times at 3 different locations. If meeting him is a priority I would start checking the app first thing in the morning and start wandering around the location 10 min before he is supposed to be out. Roaming characters meet for about 20 min once they land somewhere, and I've seen their line capped within 5 min. On a 5 day trip, I'd say you'd be lucky if Peter Pan is out 1 or 2 days.

We were there earlier this week and between fireworks and World of Color, I would go with fireworks. I found the World of Color Celebrate show a little slow-paced and boring, to be honest.

We were there earlier this week and between fireworks and World of Color, I would go with fireworks. I found the World of Color Celebrate show a little slow-paced and boring, to be honest.

I would agree with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter