Please help me choose...

rickygump

Earning My Ears
I’ve been to Disney many times but this will be our first with our daughter who will be 5 when we go in 2019. We want to stay on one of the monorail hotels. I can’t decide which one. I like poly’s theme. Contemporary just seems boring even though it’s next to MK. But Then there’s Grand Floridian.

I’ve been to Disney many times but this will be our first with our daughter who will be 5 when we go in 2019. We want to stay on one of the monorail hotels. I can’t decide which one. I like poly’s theme. Contemporary just seems boring even though it’s next to MK. But Then there’s Grand Floridian.
We loved GF with our 5 yr old twins/ they have a neat splash play area & check out the Perfectly princess tea they offer

If you can swing GF, I’d go with that. We have DVC and stayed in a 2br unit in June I loved it!

I like that the resort is small and you can walk anywhere in a short amount of time. The live music outside Mizer’s Lounge is great and the lobby is beautiful. Lots of decent food options on site too. The pool is nice and kids love the splash area.

One thing The Contemporary has going for it is walking distance to MK. Not sure how important that is to you, but it’s a nice option to have rather than waiting for a boat or monorail, especially after fireworks when hundreds of people are exiting.

We've stayed at the Poly and GF and we love both for different reasons. The Poly is our favorite as we love the tropical atmosphere/overall ambiance, but the GF runs a close second. Both are beautiful resorts with nice pools and great dining options. With that said, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the monorail resorts. I would choose the one that the theme/decor appeals to you the most. Have fun planning :wizard:.

I’ve stayed at all the monorail resorts multiple times and I would choose GF. It’s much quieter than Poly and has more amenities.

Can’t go wrong with either GF or Poly. I think I’d give GF my pref, although it’s hard to choose.

You can't go wrong with either the Poly or GF. They are both beautiful and relaxing resorts, it really just comes down to which theme you prefer. One advantage for the Poly is that it's an easy walk to the TTC. If I gave DD8 the choice she would probably choose GF.

I agree with you on CR and have no desire to stay there.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I'd stay at GF or Contemporary. Poly was my least favorite.

The Grand Floridian is our favorite. We loved everything about it.
The Polynesian was right behind it, but I liked the rooms at GF more than the Poly.
The Contemporary was meh for us. The rooms are nice and big, and the walk to MK is nice, but we are in no hurry to stay there again.

Poly is always our first choice. It's beautiful, relaxing, quiet, and clean. Not to say the other two are not (OBVIOUSLY the GF is gorgeous) but Poly's theme really appeals to us. The water slide is super fun for all ages, the pools are wonderful, and the hot tub is great and has a lovely view to enjoy while you relax. We stay in Pago Pago (one of the buildings) quite often and we love that it's right next to the TTC to hop on the monorail for Epcot. The rooms are spacious and carry out that relaxing theme that feels nice after a really long day at the parks.

That being said, you really can't go wrong with any of them. The Contemporary would be our last choice, but that's just us. Have a wonderful trip!!

Either Poly or GF for the 5 year-old, as it seems like theming is key for you. If she's into princesses & fairy tales, GF would be her ideal. If she's the hit-the-beach type, stay at Poly. I prefer GF as it's more elegant and peaceful than Poly, which is always bustling with day guests.

Next month will be our first ever trip to Disney, and we were faced with the same decision last year. After looking at all of the resorts we decided on staying at the Contemporary for our first trip after having friends recommend it to us, in addition to the wonderful views it offers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter