Please help me choose....

ILuvTinkerbelle

Mommy the Magic Maker
The best iron on transfer paper. I bought AVERY this afternoon but someone on another thread says that it is really only good for one wearing and I would like these to last. So for those of you who do alot of these which brand do you recommend. Not worried about cost!
Thanks in advance! :earsgirl:

ILuvTinkerbelle said:
The best iron on transfer paper. I bought AVERY this afternoon but someone on another thread says that it is really only good for one wearing and I would like these to last. So for those of you who do alot of these which brand do you recommend. Not worried about cost!

Hi -

everyone has been really happy with this paper - the dark paper holds us REALLY well -

http://stores.ebay.com/Heat-Transfer-Supplies

Besides e-bay, where I can I find this transfer paper and what exactly is it called?

Monica

MBowers said:
Besides e-bay, where I can I find this transfer paper and what exactly is it called?

Monica

it is called god-seal specialty paper and the only place anyone has found it is ebay

I hate to sound stupid....but I really want my shirts to look good and last. On that e-bay page, are all those different transfer papers the "good" papers that I want? I didn't see where it said what brand they were called. I want to order some but want to make sure I'm getting the right stuff. I've already wasted quite a bit of money buying transfer papers that just don't do a good job and our trip is in four weeks so now I'm in a bit of a time crunch as well.

Thanks for all your help!
Monica

I have used the HP paper for dark shirts, which I purchased at Target in the computer section (not the school supplies section), and all my designs have held up well.

Jennifer

julia & nicks mom said:
it is called god-seal specialty paper and the only place anyone has found it is ebay

Kate - I know that the paper is good, but really, god-seal??? :rotfl: :rotfl:

Being sarcastic, I couldn't let this go. The paper name is actually Gold Seal and I've been very happy with the results.

Marti

Thanks, I am going to look in to that. I too am under the gun at this point we leave in 17 days and I want to make sure they look good! Thanks for the info ......off to ebay

My next question is where are these ppl on ebay getting this paper? If they get it why can't we?

Moonbeams said:
I have used the HP paper for dark shirts, which I purchased at Target in the computer section (not the school supplies section), and all my designs have held up well.

Jennifer

I've used the same and mine came out good, too. :)

ILuvTinkerbelle said:
Can you use the dark paper for white shirts? Is the paper itself dark?

Actually, the paper is white so that the white parts of your design show up on the t-shirt.

ILuvTinkerbelle said:

We didn't have time to order the ebay paper. We used Avery. Light and dark. None of our shirts have cracked or anything. The Playhouse Disney shirts that I made on onesies for my grandson (ribbed cloth) have been in the washer in hot water, bleached, put in the dryer on hot. They have survived at least 12 washings. Still look great. She doesn't even turn them inside out. :earseek:

I have washed most of my shirts at least 5 times and they still look great. I don't put any of my shirts in the dryer.. I wash them inside out. :teeth:

I love my shirts. We ironed them on a wooden typewriter desk with a pillowcase on top. I allowed the pillowcase to cool in between shirts. We used a good iron on its highest setting. We ironed the transfers for about 4 minutes. We ironed side to side s l o w l y making one pass about 20 seconds. The second minute we ironed top to bottom, each pass about 20 seconds. Then we did around the edges about 15 seconds each side. Then we did a side to side, up and down for the remaining minute. Voila. We let the transfers cool off a little before we peeled them. (about a minute) Then we left the shirts flat to dry overnight.

tinker1bell washed and dried all of her shirts before she ironed on the transfers. I didn't. I figured the people in the t-shirt shops don't wash them before they stick them on, neither would I! :teeth:

The shirts I made for my DGD, she wears them all the time. They get washed at least once a week. Her mother has never turned them inside out. Who knows what temperature she washes them? And they will be in the dryer. They look great.

We were stressed about using the Avery, but we didn't have the time to get the ebay, and I must say, I love our shirts!! They look great!!!! :cheer2:

I'm not good at posting pcitures yet, but here is the Playhouse Disney shirt:

45de32b5.jpg

And here, I hope, is my Even Mickey loves the Eagles shirt:
4869c1ea.jpg

Steffy said:
I'm not good at posting pcitures yet, but here is the Playhouse Disney shirt:

45de32b5.jpg

And here, I hope, is my Even Mickey loves the Eagles shirt:
4869c1ea.jpg

They look good - the t-shirts, but alas, not the Eagles!!

Steamboat Marti said:
Don't worry - there's always next week!

I dunno Marti. They pulled defeat from the jaws of victory.... :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I was sad to see the Eagles lose too, they are my son's favorite team so I've adopted them as well even though my first love are the Bronco's. Here's to a better week next week for the Eagles!

Monica

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter