Please Help Me Create a Shot List of All the Best Photo Spots

TigerLaw

DIS Veteran
Bringing my brand new big boy camera on our Magic cruise next week. Now I need to know where are all the cool places to take pictures at and/or of on the ships and castaway cay. (And yes I am looking at the picture thread, just want to see what everyone loves the most)

Thanks in advance for for the help!

One of my favorite pics I took of my daughter was on the bench out around the 4th deck (no idea what it is called but the area with the chairs, shuffleboard, etc). The Dream had benches that have the ship name on it and the large porthole window behind it. Just a cool pic with her next the to name.

Also up on deck next to the smoke stacks makes a great pic.

I've taken great nighttime shots from starboard side Currents facing aft, capturing both stacks and all the lights on deck.

Middle of the night and Castaway Cay day are great times to get out and get good pictures. Less people, and the lights at night are wonderful.

There is a thread on this forum called "DCL Picture of the Day". Right now, it is on page 2 of the forum. There are a ton of pictures posted there that will give you ideas of not only subjects and locations but technique and creativity. Feel free to write any of the posters with questions, they are all very helpful. Good luck and let's see some of yours soon!

sorry, I didn't see that you were already looking at the picture thread

I remember seeing an awesome picture of a couple sitting inside what looked like the cockpit of Millennium Falcon (not just a flat backdrop) - can't find the link now, but assume that was from Star Wars day? Does anyone know where that would be, and which ship(s) have it?

I remember seeing an awesome picture of a couple sitting inside what looked like the cockpit of Millennium Falcon (not just a flat backdrop) - can't find the link now, but assume that was from Star Wars day? Does anyone know where that would be, and which ship(s) have it?

The kid's club on the Dream has the Millenium Falcon.

I think a great photo is in front of the Walt Disney theatre with Walt himself. O'Gills on the Magic turns into the Snuggly Duckling on Tangled night and the theming makes for some cute pictures.

We always rent aquatrikes at Castaway Cay and take pictures of the ship from out in the water. Also, from the water taxis if you have to tender. Just makes for a cool and different view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter