Please help me decide when to go; re 2021 crowds

Heffalump12

Earning My Ears
I'm trying to decide between June, last week of Sept when it's the 50th Anniversary (my kids have fall break) or Thanksgiving. I have a couple reservations booked for the last week of September and I thought I could deal with the insane crowds until I read in two different places that we would need to be at MK gates no later than 5:30am to be sure to get in on Oct. 1st, 2021. Nope.... not going to do it. Then I got to thinking about how miserably crowded it's going to be that week and now I'm thinking of changing ressies to either Thanksgiving or June. Do you think since so many people will be there for the 50th celebration that Thanksgiving might be slightly less crowded than normal? I really don't know how I feel about the heat, crowds and rain in June. I appreciate any input!

Considering there’s over 40 companies globally racing to find a vaccine, and the average time to find a vaccine is 18 months, I highly doubt Disney will be at 25% throughout all of 2021. Also, Disney really needs to recoup money lost. However, all things considered, I think we have decided to go Thanksgiving 2021. Once Disney returns to normal capacity, it’s going to be more crowded than usual since everyone is eager to get back to their happy place. At least November temps will help with dealing with the chaos. Thanks for the input!

We love Nov and December temps in Florida.
I took my kids out of school for a week because I really dislike school/ national Holidays.
MVMCP is awesome

I'm trying to decide between June, last week of Sept when it's the 50th Anniversary (my kids have fall break) or Thanksgiving. I have a couple reservations booked for the last week of September and I thought I could deal with the insane crowds until I read in two different places that we would need to be at MK gates no later than 5:30am to be sure to get in on Oct. 1st, 2021.
I really want to be there for the 50th. But like you, I'm still deciding. It makes sense to me that on Oct 1 the crowds are going to be crazy - that the park might reach capacity very early in the day. 5:30AM might be too late to line up.
...and now I'm thinking of changing ressies to either Thanksgiving or June. Do you think since so many people will be there for the 50th celebration that Thanksgiving might be slightly less crowded than normal?
With everything going on right now I see people dropping their 2020 trips and they plan to go in 2021. So all of 2021 could be extremely crowded. Thanksgiving might be much more crowded than 2019 because so many people aren't going Thanksgiving 2020.

We loved Thanksgiving week. Cooler temperatures and the Christmas decorations in all the parks were pretty.

A lot of news outlets are predicting the next 2 years to be lower crowds due to the virus and the economy. I think October 1st will be crowded comparatively but it shouldn’t be jam packed. We’re looking at going late May/early June 2021. Hoping for a magical redo of our cancelled 2020 trip💥🌞🤞

Of the 2 time periods you listed, I'd do June. It will ( or at least in the past ) be less crowded than the week of Thanksgiving.

June is busy, don't get me wrong, but in my experience it was less than Thanksgiving. June is hot ( really hot ) so keep that in mind.

Thanksgiving is a very very crowded time to go. Especially with a lot of schools that are out starting Wed for the holiday. June temps have a real feel of 120 degree's to plan for feeling like you are standing on the sun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!