Please help me stop the emails

Ashley

WDW Adventurer
The new board keeps subscribing me to all the posts I reply to and then it emails me every time there's a new post. I didn't check the "email notification" box and I don't want it to do this. Help?

Ashley: your default is probably still turned on to Email by Default. You can correct this by:

1. Clicking on "User CP" at the top of this page

2. Click on Edit Options

3. Find "Email by Default" in the list of options and click "NO"

This happened to me too on the first day, but an unfortunate side effect meant that the first few posts I responded to kept sending me emails whenever someone else posted a response. I just had to wait these out.

Now I only get emails if I click on email notification in a post I want to see responses to.

Let me know if this worked for ya! If you have any problems, post 'em here! :bounce:

I meant post your problems to this board, not this particular thread. What I meant to say is:

If you have any more problems, post them here at the Tech Support Board.

:eek: Guess I'll never make a good technical writer, huh?

I did that yesterday and unsubscribed from all the threads it subscribed me to, but I'm still getting all the notifications and it's still subscribing me to threads I reply to.

I had the same problem. I set them all to "no" in the email fields, but it would still notify me when there was a response. I just put the addy in the "block sender" catagory to get rid of the problem.

I've posted this to a couple of others that were having similar concerns, give it a shot!

If you haven't already turned off the email notification... First, go to your User Control Panels (user cp), then click on Edit Options. The 6th field down allows you to choose Email Notification, click NO.

You can then click on this link to remove all of your subscribed threads:

http://www.disboards.com/forums/mem...&type=allthread

(You can also find it on the first page of the USER CP entitled "view all subscribed threads", from there you would be shown the threads and the above link to unsubscribe.)

If you have already turned off the email notification, just click the link above and the emails should stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!