Please help me with a ticketing question

J&Z's Dad

Earning My Ears
My family (2 DS 3 and 1, my DW) and I will be spending 4 nights at POR and 3 nights at AKL. We plan on going to the water parks and PI as well. We do not want to pay for tickets for our day of arrival or departure. Which tickets should we purchase? Thanks for your help.

So you need 6 days in the parks, right? I would probably just buy park hopper plus passes. We usually only buy length of stay passes if we are wanting less than 4 days... once you get up over 4 days you really aren't saving any money. That way if you have extra days on your passes they won't expire.

Or, if you plan to return to WDW within the next year I'd definitely go for the anual passes! ;)

Does anyone know what the longest amount of time the park hoppers are sold for? IE, 7 days, 8 days, etc?

Thanks-
Erin

Park Hopper Pluses are what works for us. For example, last November we went for 9 nights/10 days. We bought "7-day, 4 Pluses" park hoppers. (the pluses give you admission into the water parks). Here is our itinerary from November:

Day One Epcot
Day Two MGM
Day Three AK/Epcot
Day Four MK
Day Five Islands of Adventure (no Disney Parks)
Day Six Blizzard Beach (used “plus” only – no parks)
Day Seven MK/MGM
Day Eight Downtown Disney/Resort (no Parks)
Day Nine AK/Epcot/MGM/MK (our marathon day)
Day Ten Home

Decide how many days you want to actually go into parks and choose right pass for you. We don't do PI because of kids, but you could buy admission into there. We came home with one day into parks and 3 pluses left, they never expire. So next time we will just buy a four or five day park hopper without pluses and use up what we have left from last trip.

Length of Stay passes expire when you leave and I think you can only drop one day (first or last) but I think they get you into PI. We used these once years ago, but we found is cheaper with Park Hopper Pluses.

Annual passes are good if you can get there twice in 12 months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter