Please help: meals in studio

we order from Instacart. Lots of fruit and veggies and cheeses. Instacart does grocery shopping from Whole Foods so you can get some pretty healthy meals from there.

We successfully created a few decent meals cooking meats and grilled veggies, whole peppers and tomatoes for eg, on the BBQs with microwave rice, when staying in another timeshare. We can’t comment on availability or usability of BBQs at BLT though, maybe someone else can comment. I can say Garden Grocer is great, we have used their service. The fridge is small, we sometimes take shelves out to better fit what we need.

I need to checkout the links above. The hard part is not over buying and you’ll want tinfoil, salt, pepper and to pack a knife.

I don't believe crockpots are allowed since they would be left cooking while you are gone. Now that housekeeping is coming in daily to remove trash, I think that would easily be exposed and stopped by management.

Thanks for the reminder re the BBQs, I may get hubby cooking a few nights with a beer in hand.....he loves doing that :)

Anything to save a few dollars and not live on the burgers I love so much(but my waist line doesn't).

Eggs, bacon and baked potatoes are super easy to make in a microwave.

Youtuber "Gemma Stafford" has a ton of really great microwave mug recipes, including pizza, lasagna, chicken pie, ect.

You could always place an order with Walmart Grocery pick up as well and take an uber there. They have ready made food you can order that keeps well.

I love reading these cooking threads. Not that I would ever do it but some ideas are creative. We have stayed at 2 DVC resorts so far. Boulder Ridge and the Poly. The kitchen at BR was inviting but the last thing I want to do is schlep food on the plane or pay a delivery fee and then cook/clean AFTER a park day. I consider our vavations the one time to be lax on our usual eating habits. Dole Whip for breakfast, lunch & dinner? OK. We are also very creative with our DDP credits.

I would never have consider this before, however there is such a thing as leftovers lol. One night we are eating at Artist Point and are staying VWL. There's no reason for me not to consider leftovers. As long as you are going straight back to you room. I plan to use Uber for my trip in April. We plan to go to Publix and the liquor store. Nothing like a little Bailey's after a long day. I figure the cost between Uber and the fee for Garden Grocer (I love GG) and the opportunity to not settle on anything makes it worth it. I love fresh fruit and salad. 10 days in a 1 bedroom and only 5 ADR's. We do eat breakfast in our room everyday. Thanks to our Keurig in our owner's locker. Tea and coffee freshly made.

If a crockpot is not allowed, for 14 nights, I would seriously consider an Insta Pot or similar.

Dry goods like rice and beans won’t need refrigeration. Onions, carrots, potatoes, etc. can also be left outside on the countertop for a few days.

I know it's not quite what you asked, but we usually book 2 a studio using 2 reservations. We get the dining plan on the first reservation and eat the left overs during the second reservation. It's a little more work, but we like it...

We don't normally cook on vacation beyond breakfasts but you can make BLT and / or Club sandwiches since you'll have a toaster. Easiest to order the pre-cooked bacon that you just warm up in the microwave for 30 seconds. Get some turkey lunchmeat, tomatoes & lettuce to go with it and you can make those easily. We also like tuna salad sandwhiches - again we like them on toast and add a slice of swiss or provolone cheese. Also the Hamilton Beach Panini maker is a great yet inexpensive item and would make even better sandwiches - you could get some good Italian bread and Italian coldcuts and order one to have delivered (and either save room in your luggage to take it home or just chalk it up to a loss & leave it behind). Even the tuna salad is better on a panini!! https://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-25460A-Gourmet-Sandwich/dp/B00IWOJRSM

Also the Hamilton Beach Panini maker is a great yet inexpensive item and would make even better sandwiches - you could get some good Italian bread and Italian coldcuts and order one to have delivered (and either save room in your luggage to take it home or just chalk it up to a loss & leave it behind). Even the tuna salad is better on a panini!! https://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-25460A-Gourmet-Sandwich/dp/B00IWOJRSM

I've owned one of these for 10+ years, and have to say that everything tastes better coming out of it. However, it's heavy and bulky. If you are flying, and don't have an owner's locker, you won't want to bring it on the plane.

Dry goods like rice and beans won’t need refrigeration. Onions, carrots, potatoes, etc. can also be left outside on the countertop for a few days.

You can buy Uncle Ben's Ready Rice (which comes in multiple flavors) in pouches ready to microwave. 90 seconds and you've got 2 servings of rice ready to eat. It's a go-to item for people without a rice cooker or a stove to cook meals on. There's also a pasta without sauce sold in the same pouches, but I have not tried it.

Onions, Carrots, Potatoes and other root vegetables never need to be refrigerated. They are stable in an air conditioned environment as long as they are out of the sun.

I've owned one of these for 10+ years, and have to say that everything tastes better coming out of it. However, it's heavy and bulky. If you are flying, and don't have an owner's locker, you won't want to bring it on the plane.

It's also cheap enough that if they use it enough they could just order it to be delivered from Amazon and then leave it behind - they could give it to another family they pass in the hallway...

thanks so much guys for all the tips, i hadn't even thought of bringing 90 second rice and packets with me...they will go in his golf bag :) so many brill suggestions......so with my small cereal boxes, micro wave rice , protein breaky shake powder, cooking tongs from home with onion flakes....and possibly an order from a grocery delivery place....my list has begun :)
Now all i need are FPs for the toy story world rides.........lol.....

It's also cheap enough that if they use it enough they could just order it to be delivered from Amazon and then leave it behind - they could give it to another family they pass in the hallway...
There is a Facebook group called "DVC traveling crockpot" that passes off a simple crockpot among owners. So far it has been a huge hit, although it looks like the Boardwalk is getting a little antsy about having it there (I know they do conventions, so the storage space is probably tight)

It's really a cool little thing as each family has been signing it before passing it on, sometimes including bonus items (I added a cheap mixing bowl and large serving spoon.) It has its own following among the Bell service folk :) Anyone need a loaner crockpot for a visit soon!?

For something other than standard burgers, go to Disney Springs and try Wolfgang Puck Express (considered a quick service). The food is very good and price is reasonable.

Not really an in-room suggestion but we have been known to split a kid's QS meal from time to time (or get two on occasion). Mostly it's about taking a break and having a quick snack and some of the servings are larger than others - Sunshine Seasons is a good bet as are the QS choices in world showcase.
The earlier suggestions are all good! We usually pack some nice crackers and a salami (most do not have to be refrigerated until they are opened). I also bring an avocado, peanut butter, English muffins, nuts, and a few pieces of fruit. Have also brought tortillas for wraps.

You might also consider investing in a refillable mug and/or popcorn bucket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter